Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Black Russian? I thought that's White Russian (milk+vodka/ whisky cream)?!
Black Russian has Tia Maria in it.

EDIT: https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=black%20russian%20cocktail

Cross99

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Question for people who got their OWP approved:
Did you receive any sort of PDF letter through email/MyCIC stating that the application has been approved before getting the permit itself in your mailbox?

Thanks!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Cross99 said:
Did you receive any sort of PDF letter through email/MyCIC stating that the application has been approved before getting the permit itself in your mailbox?

Thanks!
You might be able to find it in myCIC -- otherwise it's like a magic beanstalk that grows from the mailbox one day.

And there is a virtual 100% approval rate. Even if you are out of status, you can now apply to restore your status at the same time...

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Can sponsor and applicant submit different request for GCMS notes at same time ? My wife applied for GCMS notes but it has been almost 40-50 days but no response only thing they came back 20 days agao by demanding any official id and dob to be emailed to them .

I think they lost it and want to apply another notes ? will it work

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Risabh_Canada said:
Can sponsor and applicant submit different request for GCMS notes at same time ? My wife applied for GCMS notes but it has been almost 40-50 days but no response only thing they came back 20 days agao by demanding any official id and dob to be emailed to them .

I think they lost it and want to apply another notes ? will it work
No and they will caution you if you apply for more than one GCMS note package at a time. You cannot have more than one request going at a time. So you have to either wait or cancel. It will take 30 days to get notes.

Sounds strange they asked for ID. They never asked us for another more than the consent form..

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Cross99 said:

Thanks!
You get a .pdf in myCIC under messages that sounds like:
"Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has
been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received
your secure document within six weeks, contact CIC."

Also you get for how long it's valid and the number of document.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ughhh...

How long will these admissibility checks take....

For those who want to know what is being assessed during Security/Criminality: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/page-8.html#h-23

They also make sure there is no inadmissible family members. This is funny to me -- they already issued her mom a ME TRV valid for 10yrs. With her mom's TRV package, we included a note from me that cited my wife's PR application number...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@Maria_Mirabella last year we paid cash and you can call Dr.Lyndon Macernhas and ask they take cheques. @profile sounds like your wife and my hubby have simliar waiting time now after Nov 14 2016 it's a 11 months in

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Some excitement in the profiler realm today...

I get to spend 18 minutes on hold with CIC, because the person who answered my CSE told me to visit the help centre and search for my requested information....

This has to be the most USELESS CSE response I have ever seen:
"
Please do not reply to this email.

Dear profiler,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Since we know that sponsoring or being sponsored by your spouse or common-law partner is an important event in your life, we want to ensure that you have all the information and tools at your disposal to make this process as easy and enjoyable as possible.

You will find below useful information that will help you start or continue the process of your sponsorship application.

For answers to your enquiries and other information regarding programs offered by IRCC, please visit the online Help Centre on our website. You can search by typing keywords.

Since we know that sponsoring or being sponsored by your spouse or common-law partner is an important event in your life, we want to ensure that you have all the information and tools at your disposal to make this process as easy and enjoyable as possible.

You will find below useful information that will help you start or continue the process of your sponsorship application.
Sincerely,

Cic Agent, Agent 0001
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
"

EDIT: OK, so I have no idea what to believe anymore. The call centre just (apparently) looked at out file and claims there is no note at all that we are in SIR. In fact, he claimed there is almost no notes at all on the file. He also stated that they had the PCC on file. Also that our application is considered complete and they are not looking for any documentation from us at this time. He also asked me if we have linked our application to a myCIC account (there is a note that gets added to the application that states it was linked!!!). If I said no, he was going to email that to me. He said the best way to know you were added to SIR is by having a (an) (e)mail from them stating they want you to make sure all documents are up to date.

This agent also started out by trying to tell me (despite me telling him the facts) that she would need to have her country of origin change her surname first.... Despite me telling him I was literally looking at the procedure manual for CIC and it states clearly that if we have married in a Canadian province or territory, our change would be accepted.

So, we will stop planning our landing party.

Anyway, name change for those who want to know about the assumption of surnames. This happens at the province level first. Any provincial ID has to be changed first. Then submit to CIC the updated ID, the triggering document (eg: Marriage Certificate) and they will decide if they will handle it or not. There is no form to fill out. Just a CSE.

So we will attempt to change my wife's DL and upload that and our marriage certificate and see what they say.

Cross99

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
profiler said:
You might be able to find it in myCIC -- otherwise it's like a magic beanstalk that grows from the mailbox one day.

And there is a virtual 100% approval rate. Even if you are out of status, you can now apply to restore your status at the same time...
maria_mirabela said:
You get a .pdf in myCIC under messages that sounds like:
"Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has
been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received
your secure document within six weeks, contact CIC."

Also you get for how long it's valid and the number of document.
Thanks profiler and maria_mirabela!

farazprok

Apr 21, 2013
Hello guys,

We are about to apply for Inland Spouse Sponsorship. I am PR and she is under study permit. Her study permit will expire in Aug. 2017 and she wont be finished school by then. Do we need to include study permit application along our PR application or we can simply apply for study permit extension lets say in May 2017?

Any comments would be appreciated.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
farazprok said:
Hello guys,

We are about to apply for Inland Spouse Sponsorship. I am PR and she is under study permit. Her study permit will expire in Aug. 2017 and she wont be finished school by then. Do we need to include study permit application along our PR application or we can simply apply for study permit extension lets say in May 2017?

Any comments would be appreciated.
You would file these separately. But I do recall reading somewhere on the forum that there could be trouble with the PR application... my mind is fuzzy on this topic, so I suggest looking that up quick...

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
Hey guys, could I join you all, and also ask a few questions?

I submitted an inland application to sponsor my husband on March 22 2016 and received AOR on May 5 2016. Since then we haven't heard anything, no requests for documents, no updates on ecas, and we don't have that 3rd line on ecas that I've seen with others that says "We began processing your application on...". Does this mean that they haven't started looking at it? We submitted the FBI certificate/fingerprints with the application but not a medical. If they haven't started reviewing it, does this mean the FBI certificate (issued in Feb 2016) is expired and we should order a new one? I ask because it took 3-4 months to receive it the first time so I definitely want to get started on it asap if we need a new one.

We are unable to link in mycic so we don't have more information. We did receive his OWP but I don't know if that is treated separately from the PR application and therefore not an indication that they have reviewed anything.

I wonder if I should just try to cancel our application and apply outland since my husband is from the US and you guys are saying that's way quicker.