+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
For anyone watching statistics, I found an interesting excel book that CIC issued to open.canada.ca ( http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/ad975a26-df23-456a-8ada-756191a23695 ). According to this, YTD PR's issued (to August) was 39,490 spouses and partners and 2,714 Children. The level for this type of visa is 62,000. So, they have 19,796 left as of September 1.

Here is the totals by month:
Jan 3,644
Feb 4,021
Mar 4,593
Apr 4,637
May 5,161
Jun 5,970
Jul 6,182
Aug 5,282

And for Sponsored Children (also included in that level):
Jan 310
Feb 262
Mar 282
Apr 320
May 333
Jun 401
Jul 415
Aug 391

So, if they keep up the average of 4949 per month, they will make their quota.

EDIT: Current levels: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-03-08.asp
Does this mean that once they received their quota for this year, then the rest of the applicant has to wait for the next year?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
june1990 said:
Does this mean that once they received their quota for this year, then the rest of the applicant has to wait for the next year?
Most likely. I believe they already earmarked those they believe they can finish in SIR. I believe they will send a new document request wave in the next month or two, as they have a 84,000 spot quota for next year...

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
Most likely. I believe they already earmarked those they believe they can finish in SIR. I believe they will send a new document request wave in the next month or two, as they have a 84,000 spot quota for next year...
Im a december 2015 applicant, now i feel that mine is not gonna make this years quota, do they tell what month they are working on now?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
june1990 said:
Im a december 2015 applicant, now i feel that mine is not gonna make this years quota, do they tell what month they are working on now?
:|

No. They don't. Because they are not working in chronological order. Therefore, months mean nothing. Group #'s do.

EDIT: Ok, I broke the rule for you, june1990. I am not supposed to math before 7am or after 11am (ideally after 8, but something about keeping the engineering job means I typically have to math sometimes). Look at things this way:

We know about 2% of the applicants given the stats available. 2% of the people in the inventory are in the spreadsheet -- 716 cases. So, if you apply the 2% rule to the 19,796 that's 395.92 (don't ask about the fractional person -- we try not to talk about that, 'incident'). Considering there was a large number of spreadsheet applicants that were landed or AIP, or DM, that means most of the known cases could quite possibly make the quota.

The CIC is not using a typical queue. A typical queue is a first-in-first-out (FIFO) -- like a bank. Consider going to the bank, and the teller tells you to go wait in the corner for 30 minutes and come back. Would they stop processing customers from the FIFO? Not a chance. They would have to close their doors in short order for poor customer service. Now, consider that 30 minute time in the corner equates to a medical. Would you want to wait in the queue for that person getting the medical?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
profiler said:
:|

No. They don't. Because they are not working in chronological order. Therefore, months mean nothing. Group #'s do.

EDIT: Ok, I broke the rule for you, june1990. I am not supposed to math before 7am or after 11am (ideally after 8, but something about keeping the engineering job means I typically have to math sometimes). Look at things this way:

We know about 2% of the applicants given the stats available. 2% of the people in the inventory are in the spreadsheet -- 716 cases. So, if you apply the 2% rule to the 19,796 that's 395.92 (don't ask about the fractional person -- we try not to talk about that, 'incident'). Considering there was a large number of spreadsheet applicants that were landed or AIP, or DM, that means most of the known cases could quite possibly make the quota.

The CIC is not using a typical queue. A typical queue is a first-in-first-out (FIFO) -- like a bank. Consider going to the bank, and the teller tells you to go wait in the corner for 30 minutes and come back. Would they stop processing customers from the FIFO? Not a chance. They would have to close their doors in short order for poor customer service. Now, consider that 30 minute time in the corner equates to a medical. Would you want to wait in the queue for that person getting the medical?
Lately, I have only been seeing them working in order again---been mainly on June 2015 and hitting a few in other months that they had touched a bit, but focus has been on getting AIP to those who applied 16 months ago. I'm sure this week we'll start hearing July 2015 getting approvals.

Have you figured out anything with the group #'s because mine is the same as it was when I applied. Have you found anyone that applied in the past year with a different group number?

They've always processed out of order. in 2014, they skipped a bunch of months and started working September and October, then went back to finish the rest...just like they did this year. they just went a bit further this time and processed a bunch of March 2016 too (and a couple from other months--but not enough to be significant).

When you call CIC the month you applied means everything.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
simpsol22 said:
Have you figured out anything with the group #'s because mine is the same as it was when I applied. Have you found anyone that applied in the past year with a different group number?
Wife says I am not allowed to :(. I sneak in a little time to help, and I do have my private dev-time project on the go (we discussed via PM), but she thinks I should capitalize my time :(.

That said, no one knows their Group # unless they order GCMS notes. There was a few belted out here, but not organised. My little side project does maintain the list.

simpsol22 said:
They've always processed out of order. in 2014, they skipped a bunch of months and started working September and October, then went back to finish the rest...just like they did this year. they just went a bit further this time and processed a bunch of March 2016 too (and a couple from other months--but not enough to be significant).
This is what I was eluding to. Once you complete the task, like medical, you go back into the queue waiting for attention. But it also adds entropy -- like shuffling a deck of cards. Only the group #'s would line up. Basically like having a special teller.

simpsol22 said:
When you call CIC the month you applied means everything.
This is only about complaint management and SLA's.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
simpsol22 said:
You might want to suggest that everyone you have access to (through the devil's tool) to request current GCMS notes, and we can use that as a sample. If they are in Canada, they can apply under the Privacy Act for free...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
at what point in the wait do you recommend someone request their GCMS notes?
There are different schools of thought here. Probably one set of notes when your are about 3 or 4 months into the process. Note that these won't have much in them, but it allows you the chance to make sure the correct data is in their system, and to make sure any of the compulsory forms are not missing or incorrectly filled out. Then you can order a set every couple months after that to get a sense of where your application is.

Some like to order them every month, but I think that's a little much.

They will take 30 days to get typically.

AK16

Jan 20, 2016
profiler said:
There are different schools of thought here. Probably one set of notes when your are about 3 or 4 months into the process. Note that these won't have much in them, but it allows you the chance to make sure the correct data is in their system, and to make sure any of the compulsory forms are not missing or incorrectly filled out. Then you can order a set every couple months after that to get a sense of where your application is.

Some like to order them every month, but I think that's a little much.

They will take 30 days to get typically.
I am a Feb 2016 applicant. Got SA in July, AIP in Aug, PCC request in June 17(the batch request, although I sent it with my application) and Medical request in July(sent and it shows passed online). MyCic says background check in progress. Haven't heard anything from them since Aug.
Does it make sense for me to order GCMS notes now or should I just wait?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
AK16 said:
I am a Feb 2016 applicant. Got SA in July, AIP in Aug, PCC request in June 17(the batch request, although I sent it with my application) and Medical request in July(sent and it shows passed online). MyCic says background check in progress. Haven't heard anything from them since Aug.
Does it make sense for me to order GCMS notes now or should I just wait?
Heh. You have more information than I do.

We were told that we are waiting for Security and Criminality checks by our MP. ECAS says Sponsorship App is "In progress" and the PR app is "application received". myCIC says BG checks are needed and in progress, and about a month ago they changed the Medical results to passed. Everything else it not started or empty. Application is "Open".

So, if you go by the flowchart that IP8 used to have ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit?pref=2&pli=1# pg 24) then it sounds like we are both in the same spot. That would be in Step 2 Admissibility Check.

To your original question, by all means, order your notes. You are entitled. It will take 30 days though.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
just so I know where the current methods are, could you link to where we order our GCMS notes? thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

or if both you and your partner are in Canada (I assume this is the case): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler we have the same stats waiting and waiting plus pa name in process and husband pr application recieved so what it means and @June1990 we applied for inland December 14,2015 and they started on proccessing on January 15,2015 and you