+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

prezdork

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
profiler said:
His status is visitor unless he is a student or has a work permit...
I guess I can just provide his stamp of recent entry then 'cause he doesn't need a visa and has no permits :)

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hi profiler,

Today after having a phone call at CIC, I received this mail from them....

"Once you send an Application for Permanent Residence From Within Canada - Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class (IMM 5289), the process is done in two steps:

Step 1: Approval in Principle
At the Case Processing Centre (CPC), an officer will first verify if the sponsor is eligible and if the spouse or common-law partner meets the eligibility requirements to apply to become a permanent resident. If the CPC makes a positive decision on both these points, a letter stating that the application is approved in principle will be sent to you. If the file is transferred to the local office for further verifications, the processing time listed on our website is no longer applicable.

Step 2: Final Decision
After receiving the approval in principle letter, medical, security and background checks have to be done for the sponsored person and the family members included in the application, if applicable. After all the requirements have been met, a final decision is reached and the file is sent to the local office (unless it is already there). The local office will then contact the sponsored person to give them an appointment so they can become a permanent resident of Canada. The processing time for this step varies depending on the case."

I didn't receive any SA or AIP till now. But when I am looking into my MyCIC account it saying background check in progress. But this email saying that background check start only after the confirmation of SA and AIP.
I am not sure but look like for some applicants they might have been skip some stages to speed up the process.

Give me your valuable opinion what you think Profiler.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
prezdork said:
I guess I can just provide his stamp of recent entry then 'cause he doesn't need a visa and has no permits :)
The visa was 'granted' when CBSA permitted entry. The stamp or his entry was proof of that ;)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Alam EIT said:
Hi profiler,

Today after having a phone call at CIC, I received this mail from them....

Once you send an Application for Permanent Residence From Within Canada - Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class (IMM 5289), the process is done in two steps:

Step 1: Approval in Principle
At the Case Processing Centre (CPC), an officer will first verify if the sponsor is eligible and if the spouse or common-law partner meets the eligibility requirements to apply to become a permanent resident. If the CPC makes a positive decision on both these points, a letter stating that the application is approved in principle will be sent to you. If the file is transferred to the local office for further verifications, the processing time listed on our website is no longer applicable.

Step 2: Final Decision
After receiving the approval in principle letter, medical, security and background checks have to be done for the sponsored person and the family members included in the application, if applicable. After all the requirements have been met, a final decision is reached and the file is sent to the local office (unless it is already there). The local office will then contact the sponsored person to give them an appointment so they can become a permanent resident of Canada. The processing time for this step varies depending on the case.

I didn't receive any SA or AIP till now. But when I am looking into my MyCIC account it saying background check in progress. But this email saying that background check start only after the confirmation of SA and AIP.
I am not sure but look like for some applicants they might have been skip some stages to speed up the process.

Give me your valuable opinion what you think Profiler.
Sorry -- calling BS on that.

We don't have SA, in fact they only started "processing" my sponsorship application in May, so we don't have AIP either. That said, BG checks are in process. They start as soon as they begin processing the application package (sans OWP). They will continue to process BG check in iterations on the Sponsor (make sure there is no criminality or financial reasons to reject the undertaking) and the PA (ongoing criminality etc). It makes no sense that it happens for a brief, finite time, then ends....

Does that help?

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
profiler said:
Sorry -- calling BS on that.

We don't have SA, in fact they only started "processing" my sponsorship application in May, so we don't have AIP either. That said, BG checks are in process. They start as soon as they begin processing the application package (sans OWP). They will continue to process BG check in iterations on the Sponsor (make sure there is no criminality or financial reasons to reject the undertaking) and the PA (ongoing criminality etc). It makes no sense that it happens for a brief, finite time, then ends....

Does that help?
Thanks profiler.
I am wondering still what they mean by straightforward application. Let see how it move forward. I am thinking to do my medical in advance.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Alam EIT said:
Thanks profiler.
I am wondering still what they mean by straightforward application. Let see how it move forward. I am thinking to do my medical in advance.
What is the country of origin? In most cases, if the medical is done, they can extend it or just do a partial medical (just the x-ray)...

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
profiler said:
What is the country of origin? In most cases, if the medical is done, they can extend it or just do a partial medical (just the x-ray)...
I am from Bangladesh. But I have the German PR and came here from Germany.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Alam EIT said:
I am from Bangladesh. But I have the German PR and came here from Germany.
I am not sure if Bangladesh is considered a 'risk' zone. But if you pass a medical, they can either accept, extend, or do a partial. Most times they won't ask to re-do (unless there is a significant reason)...

s!nful

May 3, 2014
maria_mirabela said:
My PR background check started exactly a week after yours. So based on that, I hope for some good news in a week or so (fingers, legs and any other limbs crossed) .
You will. Timelines as predicted has been pretty consistent and no reason it should change for us.
My best wishes.

Thanks @ Profiler for your response. I shall get my SIN # asap.

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
muusehisman said:
Am happy for Sipfarms .You can begin your life now lool.Am jelous coz am a January applicant hehehe.
@ muusehisman I know. It's so totally unfair. Imagine how the 55% of 2015 applicants feel that haven't finished the process yet either. CIC just see numbers, not the actual people's lives that they are affecting. But what can you do.....

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sipfarms said:
@ muusehisman I know. It's so totally unfair. Imagine how the 55% of 2015 applicants feel that haven't finished the process yet either. CIC just see numbers, not the actual people's lives that they are affecting. But what can you do.....
Sipfarm's read this somewhere..people are getting there landings close to the birthdays..is your bday around day of your landing..I know sounds crazy..

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@Profiler so since I am sponsoring my husband inland it straight forward that is awesome. @Sip farm my hubby birthday june 13 who I am sponsoring inland is and my birthday is October 16 my hubby got me a tablet for my birthday and my other birthday wish is he gets his everything plus landing that is wishful thinking I am a little j Sip farm I am kidding our inland case started in Dec 2015 and started processing in Jan 15 2016 and pcc request June 25 2016 and they received it in July 27 2016 and the last date modified September 27,2016 so my Christmas plus new years wish we get it all over done.
Go team 2016 :p 8) ???

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@Profiler so since I am sponsoring my husband inland it straight forward that is awesome. @Sip farm my hubby birthday june 13 who I am sponsoring inland is and my birthday is October 16 my hubby got me a tablet for my birthday and my other birthday wish is he gets his everything plus landing that is wishful thinking I am a little j Sip farm I am kidding our inland case started in Dec 2015 and started processing in Jan 15 2016 and pcc request June 25 2016 and they received it in July 27 2016 and the last date modified September 27,2016 so my Christmas plus new years wish we get it all over done.
Go team 2016 :p 8) ???
You might get your wish.. our hope is that my wife is done by Christmas...and as many of our 2015/2016 friends get to the end as possible...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@Profiler the lawyer send it Dec 14 2015 ,the been working on it since Jan 14 2016 so November coming up if you look at it 12 months or since they started Jan 14 2016 11 months. w
Whatever way you look at it feels like enterinty you and everyone understand.