Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RV23 said:
Hi,

Could anyone please guide us regarding the procedure for getting GCMS notes.Which one is better to order, the one under Access to Information Act or the one under the Privacy Act?.Also I am the sponsor , and I am sponsoring my husband ,so can I order on his behalf or does he has to order only , and both of us are in Canada itself.
Also if my husband who is the PA and also on implied status since we are yet to receive his OWP , orders it , so does he have to attach any proof of his residency in Canada ?
sigh this must be the second most commonly asked question...

In order to make a request against the Privacy Act, you both must have status in Canada. This means you must be a Canadian citizen or a PR already and in Canada. Also, your husband must have his OWP already in order to request against the Privacy Act. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp .

You can make a request against the Access to Information Act if you are in Canada. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp . The fee is $5.

Additionally, you will have to have him complete the consent form. He fills out and signs section A. You fill out and sign section C. You will also need to be his representative, so if you/he didn't submit the form, you/he have to submit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf first.

When you request GCMS notes, you can ask for Sponsorship application, PR application, and medical notes. All are available.

If your husband has yet to receive his OWP, is it late?? They take about 4 months to get. I wouldn't order the notes until that time, as there will be literally no information on the file yet.

s!nful

May 3, 2014
profiler said:
It's mostly about terror links, militia groups, etc. They are assessing the PA to make sure they aren't a risk to the Canadian public.
Thanks. Mirabela and Profiler. PCCs are submitted to eliminate any prospect of a PA involved in any security risks, yet seems like we have no choice but to wait out the check period.

Good Luck, Mirabela. i hope littering is not their major concern. ;D ;D ;D ;D

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
s!nful said:
Good Luck, Mirabela. i hope littering is not their major concern. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Haha, yeah. Thanks.

So, for anyone interested in this, I just got off the phone with a very very nice CIC agent laaaady (if Profiler is Sheldon Cooper-ish all the time I am more like Bill Burr-ish ;D ). I wanted some info regarding my restoration of status app but apparently you cannot get to talk to a "human" on the toll free no unless you have some issue regarding a PR app or something important like this (there is no key to press for TRV apps in order to speak to an agent). So all you have to do is follow the key pass to PR app and then address your problem to the officer, even though is related to other type of app. Oh, and I called around 13.00 and had to wait for 12 mins.
Hope it helps.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
profiler said:
sigh this must be the second most commonly asked question...

In order to make a request against the Privacy Act, you both must have status in Canada. This means you must be a Canadian citizen or a PR already and in Canada. Also, your husband must have his OWP already in order to request against the Privacy Act. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp .

You can make a request against the Access to Information Act if you are in Canada. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp . The fee is $5.

Additionally, you will have to have him complete the consent form. He fills out and signs section A. You fill out and sign section C. You will also need to be his representative, so if you/he didn't submit the form, you/he have to submit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf first.

When you request GCMS notes, you can ask for Sponsorship application, PR application, and medical notes. All are available.

If your husband has yet to receive his OWP, is it late?? They take about 4 months to get. I wouldn't order the notes until that time, as there will be literally no information on the file yet.
Alright! Yeah we just had a talk with the CIC agent today and she told us that the OWP has already been approved and sent by mail. So we will wait for that and thanks!!

One more thing , we got my husband's medical done last year october 2015 , since we got to know its valid for 1 year , we didnt do it again and somehow our file got delayed and we submitted it in May 2016 , so I was thinking is it possible to just get the medical done right now and update our file with that information or do we have to wait for CIC to ask for the medical ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RV23 said:
Alright! Yeah we just had a talk with the CIC agent today and she told us that the OWP has already been approved and sent by mail. So we will wait for that and thanks!!

One more thing , we got my husband's medical done last year october 2015 , since we got to know its valid for 1 year , we didnt do it again and somehow our file got delayed and we submitted it in May 2016 , so I was thinking is it possible to just get the medical done right now and update our file with that information or do we have to wait for CIC to ask for the medical ?
Just wait for them to ask for it. Then you know they are ready to receive it...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
... (if Profiler is Sheldon Cooper-ish all the time I am more like Bill Burr-ish ;D ). ...
Yup. My poor, poor wife. "Ok, Sheldon" she says when I am doing it...

RAConop

Sep 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2016
AOR Received.
July 12, 2016
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
October 2016
Hi. Just an update, I just called IRCC to follow up on my application and troubleshooting linking my Application Online. My OWP got approved last Wednesday, October 5. So yaay!

Here is my timeline:
SUBMITTED APP: June 18 2016
AOR1 and AOR 2: July 7 and 11 2016
OWP approved as per CIC: October 5 2016
Time to wait for it in our mailbox!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RAConop said:
Hi. Just an update, I just called IRCC to follow up on my application and troubleshooting linking my Application Online. My OWP got approved last Wednesday, October 5. So yaay!

Here is my timeline:
SUBMITTED APP: June 18 2016
AOR1 and AOR 2: July 7 and 11 2016
OWP approved as per CIC: October 5 2016
Time to wait for it in our mailbox!
Congrats!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
The waiting game is on.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
The waiting game is on.
Sorry, which? You know how I fill time while waiting now-a-days? Reading CIC manuals... The only down side is, they are pretty big to leave by the toilet, and they make my brain itch...

EDIT: Ohhh! You mean for the OWP to grow from the mailbox.... booooy I am sloooow today. Sorry about that...

RAConop

Sep 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2016
AOR Received.
July 12, 2016
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
October 2016
profiler said:
Congrats!
Thanks profiler!

I have a question, given that I get my first job under my open work permit, if it happenes that i quit on that 1st job, is my OWP still valid for another employer?

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
RAConop said:
Thanks profiler!

I have a question, given that I get my first job under my open work permit, if it happenes that i quit on that 1st job, is my OWP still valid for another employer?
You can use the work permit with any employer, that's why it's called open. Except for some cases where you cannot work in health related areas ( it should say on the paper, I guess).

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Hey guys, under the GCMS notes, which one should I apply for the spouse Sponsorship document (SA) or the PA document, while it is in background check. Meaning, applying for which one will be more useful in this case? I am guessing SA is not worked on while under background check.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sam8119 said:
Hey guys, under the GCMS notes, which one should I apply for the spouse Sponsorship document (SA) or the PA document, while it is in background check. Meaning, applying for which one will be more useful in this case? I am guessing SA is not worked on while under background check.
If you ask for, "GCMS notes for both sponsorship and permanent residence applications" you can get both..