+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have already revieved my SI ... And i going to apply work visa sticker now .. Can i go after that because my lawyer said .. yes you can do it

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Hi Guys,

I applied June 1, 2016 and still showing in online account that my background check is in process. Now, I know that people from March are getting their SAs now. I have a quick question. I am married for just over 1 year now and was in relationship with the person for bit more over 2 years. I am in Canada on Student status so did not apply for OWP. Do you guys think I am gonna get a conditional PR or have they started revoking the process as promised by the minister in Feb end? If so, will the processing time be longer in your view?

Thanks guys for your input in advance.

Sam

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sam8119 said:
Hi Guys,

I applied June 1, 2016 and still showing in online account that my background check is in process. Now, I know that people from March are getting their SAs now. I have a quick question. I am married for just over 1 year now and was in relationship with the person for bit more over 2 years. I am in Canada on Student status so did not apply for OWP. Do you guys think I am gonna get a conditional PR or have they started revoking the process as promised by the minister in Feb end? If so, will the processing time be longer in your view?

Thanks guys for your input in advance.

Sam
March here and no SA yet. Just Background Check in progress..

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
@Profiler: Thanks, for the info. Did you do a GCMS check? BTW, can you please also shed some light on the conditional PR thing I asked about in the previous post?

Thanks and much appreciated

Sam

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
i did my medical about a month ago, all my documents has been submitted to cic already, and since last month we havent heard anything from them yet. i submitted my application last year dec 20, got my file number this feb and my owp in april, does the processing time slowed down again? :( this is getting frustrating :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sam8119 said:
@Profiler: Thanks, for the info. Did you do a GCMS check? BTW, can you please also shed some light on the conditional PR thing I asked about in the previous post?

Thanks and much appreciated

Sam
I can only guess. But they'd probably issue a condition 51. In our case too I'm sure. But that is exactly what the plan was -- to reside together. So no issue here. She will still get a PR with no restrictions.

Cross99

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hi all,

Early August applicant here. Just wondering how long before the PA's ecas/mycic actually goes into 'in-process'. I've seen nothing till now. Ecas shows 'app received' and mycic says everything 'not needed at this time'.

Thanks!

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Hi all,

Early August applicant here. Just wondering how long before the PA's ecas/mycic actually goes into 'in-process'. I've seen nothing till now. Ecas shows 'app received' and mycic says everything 'not needed at this time'.

I applied Jan 16 and my status is application received.
Hang in there .

Cross99

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
muusehisman said:
Hi all,

I applied Jan 16 and my status is application received.
Hang in there .
Oh wow....speechless....

Profiler and Sam8119 are at background check though. And they are March and June I think. Why the stark differences in timline?

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Oh wow....speechless....

Profiler and Sam8119 are at background check though. And they are March and June I think. Why the stark differences in timline?
[/quote]
I was given AIP in July and am sure for some reason that they are doing background checks on me.Hopefully some good news soon.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
nick_ind said:
Just checked the mycic login, and OWP has been approved. what a big relief!

App received by CIC on 6th June 2016, so it took close to 4 months.
For those who are waiting for OWP, this may be the probable time line and all the best to all of you!
How did you check the MYCIC login?How do we create an account for that?We applied for my husband's OWP on June 20th , still nothing.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is the meaning of inventory reduction programme everyone is talking about?
Also we got the USA PCC request from CIC ,even though my husband was hardly in USA for 8- 10 days , so we did a CSE around september 1st , but havent heard anything from that after that except for that the CSE has been forwarded to the relevant department, so what do you guys suggest, should we do another CSE?

Also what is the meaning and purpose of GCMS notes?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RV23 said:
Can anybody tell me what is the meaning of inventory reduction programme everyone is talking about?
Immigration Minister announced that they had compiled a fairly large number of inland PR applications in their inventory waiting for processing. To that end, they decided to open up an extra 12,000 spots for inland spousal sponsorship applicants for 2016, and they are trying (supposedly) to reduce the inventory as fast as they can. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-06-13.asp .

RV23 said:
Also we got the USA PCC request from CIC ,even though my husband was hardly in USA for 8- 10 days , so we did a CSE around september 1st , but havent heard anything from that after that except for that the CSE has been forwarded to the relevant department, so what do you guys suggest, should we do another CSE?
Strange. Usually it's only for stays more than 6 months....

As for the CSE, you can call the call centre to ask why there was no response other than the message was redirected. Did the PCC give you 60 days? If so, it is extremely important to get that to them as fast as possible. That might mean you are in a targeted group for inventory reduction. They are prioritising cases based on completeness, then how fast applicants respond to additional document requests. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp #2.

RV23 said:
Also what is the meaning and purpose of GCMS notes?
GCMS is Global Case Management System. It replaced a few disparate systems that government offices were using. GCMS is a universal system that is used by a few government offices, including CIC and CBSA.

GCMS Notes are the notes that the government has generated about you and your case. Requesting the case notes is possible under Access to Information or the Privacy act. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp (ATIP; $5) or http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp (PA; free)

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
my application was delivered on Aug 6 according to canada post
i have not received anything ever
on Sep 2 i called cic and they sent email to missisauga office asking them to locate application
today i was told that missisauga still hasnt replied
is there anything else i can do ?