00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
sheisoptimistic said:
**UPDATE** My husband received his permanent residence status on Sept 20. 2016.

We arrived about 15 mins before 1pm, they requested we be there between 1-3pm.
The security at the desk was pretty rude and not personable at all, and they asked for our letter they had sent and she gave us a ticket .. i had to stretch over there table even though i'm pretty short to get the ticket because she didn't even want to stretch her hand out to give it to us. Don't know what that was all about, but, I was determined not to let that ruin my excitement of my husbands happiness.

We took a seat and at about 1:30 they called us up to a desk, and all she asked me for was my drivers licence to make sure it had our address on it, and he had to present his valid passport and the 2 pr pictures they asked us to bring even though they only take one out of the two.
Asked him if he had any dependents other then what was on the paper, and asked him if he's ever been arrested or imprisoned in any other country - he answered no and had to initial both questions.
she warned us not to laminate it because he will need it for his pension and when he applies for his citizenship.
Then she said congratulations for are now a permanent resident of canada. Very nice woman.

Then we were given another sheet to fill out while we wait for another gentleman to call us up, and this paper was for his SIN number. We only waited about 10 mins this time.
The man took the paper gave my husband a paper with his SIN and we were done!

That's it, I was nervous for nothing. Glad it's over. The most never wrecking 6 months of my life lol.
Congrats Sheisoptimistic! All the best to you and your husband.

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
29-APR-2016 / AIP 14-JUL-2016
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
browning911 said:
Congrats Sheisoptimistic! All the best to you and your husband.

thank you, best of luck to you as well.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
sheisoptimistic said:

The security at the desk was pretty rude and not personable at all, and they asked for our letter they had sent and she gave us a ticket .. i had to stretch over there table even though i'm pretty short to get the ticket because she didn't even want to stretch her hand out to give it to us. Don't know what that was all about, but, I was determined not to let that ruin my excitement of my husbands happiness.

We took a seat and at about 1:30 they called us up to a desk, and all she asked me for was my drivers licence to make sure it had our address on it, and he had to present his valid passport and the 2 pr pictures they asked us to bring even though they only take one out of the two.
Asked him if he had any dependents other then what was on the paper, and asked him if he's ever been arrested or imprisoned in any other country - he answered no and had to initial both questions.
she warned us not to laminate it because he will need it for his pension and when he applies for his citizenship.
Then she said congratulations for are now a permanent resident of canada. Very nice woman.

Then we were given another sheet to fill out while we wait for another gentleman to call us up, and this paper was for his SIN number. We only waited about 10 mins this time.

That's it, I was nervous for nothing. Glad it's over. The most never wrecking 6 months of my life lol.
fantastic!
congratulations!!!
ZumbaG

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Good thing to Read regarding travel outside canada, implied status!

https://www.cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=15bf8dd4-7ee5-4da8-9f6a-88e7bdfafdca

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
I have a question for anyone who has been able to link their application to their mycic account.

Where is says - Application/Profile Status: Open

Did anyone's status change to In Progress or anything before they got any major updates about having sponsor or applicant approval?

Mine has been sitting as Open for 2 months now and I am just wondering what the norm is. Obviously like everyone else I've been watching it like a hawk to see if anything changes.

Thank you

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
pedropil said:
Good thing to Read regarding travel outside canada, implied status!

https://www.cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=15bf8dd4-7ee5-4da8-9f6a-88e7bdfafdca
Is this just a recommendation, a suggestion, a petition or a policy now in effect? Cause it says some interesting things in there ...

PRhopeful2014

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 06, 2016
AOR Received.
Jun-29-2016
-Yesterday read on processing times(work Permit) that they are working on application received on June 10th 2016.
-Our was received June 6th 2016.
-Called CIC, got a guy after 20 mins waiting.
-He advised that spousal work permit has been approved and sent out on Sep 20th 2016. 2 days ago. :)
-Now just waiting for it in the mail.

-Do we have to send passport out to get a stamp for work permit or the paper copy coming the mail will suffice?

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
hi guys,

My friend applied for inland sponsorship in Dec 2015 and SA last month. Can he apply for Open work permit online? What is AOR 1 and AOR 2 means?

Darshan071289

Sep 12, 2016
Measures to reduce the in-Canada spousal application inventory. Please refer to the link below.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp

I recently got to know from one of my friend that an application will be picked up not based on how complete is your application but based on how easy is your application is to review. Even if you have not yet sent your Medicals and PCC, the application can still be picked if it is a straightforward application with no complications.

Example:
If the in-land applications is for spousal with proper status/history - no problems at the time of entry/exit and have been in proper status since their arrival in Canada will be prioritized compared to applicants with more complexity (For example if the person has been in multiple countries and multiple PCC, it will definitely be prioritized later than person with just 1 PCC to be reviewed)

Hope this helps!!

dimigago

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
sheisoptimistic said:

Congradulations! :D
Did they send you the date and time for PR landing on the same day as DM, or it was sent later? :)

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
29-APR-2016 / AIP 14-JUL-2016
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
dimigago said:
Congradulations! :D
Did they send you the date and time for PR landing on the same day as DM, or it was sent later? :)
Thank you, no, the landing paper for the date and time is dated the 15th so it was sent to my email at about 10am that morning. One week after DM.. I had to take a vacation day at work in order to be present.
Worth the sacrifice.

zumbagirl said:
fantastic!
congratulations!!!
ZumbaG
Thanks!!

german97

Dec 3, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
PRhopeful2014 said:
-Do we have to send passport out to get a stamp for work permit or the paper copy coming the mail will suffice?
We never had to send our passport in when my wife got approved for her OWP. We just recieved the permit in the mail.

german97

Dec 3, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
bex0987 said:
I have a question for anyone who has been able to link their application to their mycic account.

Where is says - Application/Profile Status: Open

Did anyone's status change to In Progress or anything before they got any major updates about having sponsor or applicant approval?

Mine has been sitting as Open for 2 months now and I am just wondering what the norm is. Obviously like everyone else I've been watching it like a hawk to see if anything changes.

Thank you
We've received AIP and our application/profile status also says open.

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
german97 said:
We've received AIP and our application/profile status also says open.
Thank you german97. Its hard to know if they are actually doing anything with your file if you dont have any correspondence from them!

They probably havent even started yet but I am trying to get my head around what to expect.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
PRhopeful2014 said:
-Yesterday read on processing times(work Permit) that they are working on application received on June 10th 2016.
-Our was received June 6th 2016.
-Called CIC, got a guy after 20 mins waiting.
-He advised that spousal work permit has been approved and sent out on Sep 20th 2016. 2 days ago. :)
-Now just waiting for it in the mail.

It's just a page they send you. No passport required.