Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Profiler, after I get these other notes I will not request any notes until the 2017. I just need to see if there is an updated with regard to the updated Schedule A and IMM5406 and if there is anything else outstanding.

I am sure that you will be in streamline process. I hope we are too.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Profiler, after I get these other notes I will not request any notes until the 2017. I just need to see if there is an updated with regard to the updated Schedule A and IMM5406 and if there is anything else outstanding.

I am sure that you will be in streamline process. I hope we are too.
Agreed. Once I know that we haven't missed anything, I might request them again in late November/December. I am certain that if we are streamlined, we would see more case activity by then anyway.

That and I want to make sure they received the case updates we sent. We included an additional 35 family photos (my wife, me, my son, my mother-in-law's visit to Ontario, etc), and some additional information about stuff regarding my son (we only had some information at filing, and we wanted to add additional info so they had it).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey 2016 inlanders. For anyone who needs to feel a little CIC love today. This was posted in the inland 2015 thread of the forum:

Brgrcy said:
January 7th 2016 applicant,

My girlfriend and I applied in January and they received our application on January 7th.
My girlfriend who is sponsoring me received an email saying that they have received our application.
I have received my OWP on April 10th.
I have received an email saying that they have received our application on June 10th.
17th June they requested police certificate.
4th July they requested medical.
5th July my girlfriend received an email says that she has been approved to be my sponsor.
13th July I have received an email saying: It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

This morning my ECAS has been changed to DM and after an hour I got the email for an interview.
This is the timeline I hope it helps

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Ringlands said:
I sent OWP with PR but that was back on 11th May and i still cant link. tried every option, even started a chart of the different selection choices i had done to cover all areas and still no look. I called CIC and they said they would send me an email with something else to try but that was over a week ago and no email from them!!! I have been approved for OWP on 25th August but its still not here in the mail..... happy days..... :(
Hi Ringland,

I struggled to link my application for both PR and OWP, there is a BUG in the CIC system, If you enter one space( )in the city of birth text instead of actual city name, it will be able to link the same. try that it worked for me.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
Hey 2016 inlanders. For anyone who needs to feel a little CIC love today. This was posted in the inland 2015 thread of the forum:
Niiiice! With no medical or PCC upfront! By the way, what happened to CanadianAlien? I ask cause I know the two of your were PIC ;D
I hope he got his OWP and now he's struggling with workaholism.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Niiiice! With no medical or PCC upfront! By the way, what happened to CanadianAlien? I ask cause I know the two of your were PIC ;D
I hope he got his OWP and now he's struggling with workaholism.
No idea... I think he divorced me. He probably got his OWP and forgot about us little-folk.

That or he started to feel the same as I am of late with respect to the forum. If the latter is true, I wish him the best of luck.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
Quick question - I recently went to the USA for a 2 week holiday in LA and San Francisco (2nd - 16th Sept) with my spouse. I am now returning to England for a visit (have not been to the UK since I arrived in Canada 2nd Feb 2015) on 30th Sept - 12th October on my own. Do any of you think this will affect my application at all? I don't think it would or should as I am not abandoning my application in my eyes. I am going home to see friends and family as I got engaged on my trip to the USA and have not seen some family and friends in over 18 months. What do you guys and girls think?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Crais84 said:
Quick question - I recently went to the USA for a 2 week holiday in LA and San Francisco (2nd - 16th Sept) with my spouse. I am now returning to England for a visit (have not been to the UK since I arrived in Canada 2nd Feb 2015) on 30th Sept - 12th October on my own. Do any of you think this will affect my application at all? I don't think it would or should as I am not abandoning my application in my eyes. I am going home to see friends and family as I got engaged on my trip to the USA and have not seen some family and friends in over 18 months. What do you guys and girls think?
Happy engagement!

The question is more about an opinion. So keep in mind that you are asking people who (I assume) do not work for CBSA / CIC.

That said, I have read that the CIC says short term absence is ok, if you are with your sponsor. I have heard that they have said up to a month might be ok. But that will be up to the officers.

To add to this, re-entry may be a concern. If you are unable to re-enter at the border for whatever reason, the CIC can deem your application abandoned. It will be up to the CBSA and the CIC. And it is highly subjective.

luckygirll

Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Request
25-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
profiler said:
Agreed. Once I know that we haven't missed anything, I might request them again in late November/December. I am certain that if we are streamlined, we would see more case activity by then anyway.

That and I want to make sure they received the case updates we sent. We included an additional 35 family photos (my wife, me, my son, my mother-in-law's visit to Ontario, etc), and some additional information about stuff regarding my son (we only had some information at filing, and we wanted to add additional info so they had it).
[/quot

Did you send your additional material by mail or online thru the case specific inquiry? I'm also planning to update with some relationship proof documents and maybe request the notes sometime later.

luckygirll

Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Request
25-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
profiler said:

Did you send your additional material by mail or online thru the case specific inquiry? I'm also planning to update with some relationship proof documents and maybe request the notes sometime later.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
luckygirll said:
I sent these through Case Specific Enquiry. It is less important than a PCC for them to get. If they didn't get the proofs, and ask for them later, we still have the pdf file.

I made up a word file, and when I exported to pdf, I made sure to check "Minimum size (publishing online)" in the Save As dialog box. This is because they can only accept up to 4 MB files to attach to the CSE.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
profiler said:
Happy engagement!

The question is more about an opinion. So keep in mind that you are asking people who (I assume) do not work for CBSA / CIC.

That said, I have read that the CIC says short term absence is ok, if you are with your sponsor. I have heard that they have said up to a month might be ok. But that will be up to the officers.

To add to this, re-entry may be a concern. If you are unable to re-enter at the border for whatever reason, the CIC can deem your application abandoned. It will be up to the CBSA and the CIC. And it is highly subjective.
Thanks. I figure it should be ok, had no problem coming back from the USA and I have my work permit and will take it with me when I go back to the UK. Usually they just look at my passport and work permit, ask maybe one or two questions usually just what items am I bringing back and their cost.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
PatientlyWaiting4Thalia said:
I had such a terrible experience with Fedex now customs is holding unto my documents for review. Is this normal?
Which documents? If you sent a passport they might be trying to verify it's not fake...