03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Canad1anAl1en said:
Re the processing in batches...judging on how many got the PCC letters, and all at the same time...I would guess the next "batch" for SA and AIP will be processed in October...the letter gives you 60 days to respond..in my case 10th aug to 9th Oct...should imagine nothing can happen before that time frame passes, unless of course absolutely everyone who got a letter responds prior to this.

If you recall an earlier post in this thread, the poster stated that the helpline agent said everyone involved with the streamlining must be processed and finished by years end...the end of the program. Having AIP by the end of October would fit that exactly... then it's decision made in November..then arranging landing interviews by the first half of December at the latest, (the second half no one does anything, as they are too busy thinking about Christmas!).
I am of course talking above about the original PCC request letter (the one that's impossible to understand). Taking everything together...it would fit with the above...wishful thinking, or was I on the money?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
I am of course talking above about the original PCC request letter (the one that's impossible to understand). Taking everything together...it would fit with the above...wishful thinking, or was I on the money?
I'd say you are about 95% on the money.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
We had someone post during last week who was approved, application date 13th May..although opinion is they may actually have been a May the 3rd
Canad1anAl1en it's Kjaggikaur, May 13th he said.

Kjaggikaur said:
Pedropil: My application processing started on May 13th and I got it approved on Aug 18th.I havent received the hard copy yet but I have received a pdf online copy of the work permit which I can use until my paper copy arrives.
What's the status now of your OWP Kjaggikaur?

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
pedropil said:
Canad1anAl1en it's Kjaggikaur, May 13th he said.

What's the status now of your OWP Kjaggikaur?
pedro, May the 13th made no sense, just the week before they had been finishing April,and we have members of the thread with dates between may the 3rd and 12th who have not had OWP, hence the opinion he may have got confused and actually been may the 3rd

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
pedro, May the 13th made no sense, just the week before they had been finishing April,and we have members of the thread with dates between may the 3rd and 12th who have not had OWP, hence the opinion he may have got confused and actually been may the 3rd
ok got it Canad1anAl1en, thank you.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Crais84 said:
Random question, does anyone have a link to mortgages on this forum or know anything about applying when you have a spouse who is a canadian citizen and you (me in this case) are applying for PR status? We will probably be looking for a house soon and wonder if we will get slapped with the 35% downpayment a lot of banks ask for when you are a temporary resident. I would imagine because my spouse is Canadian this will not apply but might mean I cannot be named on the mortgage. We will obviously go to various banks for answers but wondered if anyone had experience on here of applying for mortgages
Applied together for a mortgage with spouse, who is a Canadian citizen while on a study permit. It did not cause any issues with the downpayment requirement and both our names are on the mortgage and title. I don't know if some kind of residency is required (student permit in our case, but you might have a work permit) but nobody ever checked the study permit, just passport for ID purposes. They did run a credit check but just using name and DOB. Didn't seem to be a problem at all.

sanMUG

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
Hi Guys!

I sent my application 28/07/2016 to Mississuaga office!
This morning we recieved an email saying this "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/08/02" with our UCI as well!

What does that email mean? Is it AOR or just application recieved ?? I will be sending my PCC now & I have not sent my medical yet!

Thanks in advance !

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sanMUG said:
Hi Guys!

I sent my application 28/07/2016 to Mississuaga office!
This morning we recieved an email saying this "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/08/02" with our UCI as well!

What does that email mean? Is it AOR or just application recieved ?? I will be sending my PCC now & I have not sent my medical yet!

Thanks in advance !
That's the first AOR. You may get a second one, if they transfer to a visa office.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
Canad1anAl1en said:
We are sniffing around mortgages in Alberta, even went so far as to go to an appointment in my spouses bank. She was pre-approved for 250K zero down even with outstanding commitments, but I had NOTHING to do with it, nor could I. We are looking at houses in a higher bracket, so naturally, we asked the question. Once I have 3 wage checks and can prove my income AND have PR (OWP does not count) then I can be assessed on her application, and be co-signer, obviously this would increase the mortgage available. I should add in my case, even now, I have Canadian credit cards, issued by my own bank from when I was working here before (the accounts are now 3 years old), that we still make minimum payments on and keep functioning, this was a deliberate move to keep a positive credit history. Even this made not a shred of difference, the magic thing is the PR SIN as far as credit is concerned, this is what the advisor told us...until then, as you stated, as far as they are concerned, you do not exist.
Thanks man. I will let you know what happens when we go to check out getting a mortgage. Hopefully we might have some luck but we shall see.

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Can anyone who received OWP please let me know what's exactly stated in their OWP. We are allowed to work in anywhere nationwide right?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Kjaggikaur said:
Can anyone who received OWP please let me know what's exactly stated in their OWP. We are allowed to work in anywhere nationwide right?
Yeah. OWP means you can work anywhere doing anything, except jobs in the sex trade. You also cannot study.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
profiler said:
Yeah. OWP means you can work anywhere doing anything, except jobs in the sex trade. You also cannot study.
You can however get a study permit should you have to do any kind of course for a job and they require a qualification where you have to go to college/university etc. You just need to apply to the college/school/university first, get accepted and then pay the $150 study permit fee and bob's your uncle you should get your study permit.

On a different not my lawyers finally linked my paper application online (I could not since they are my representatives) and my profile states they are currently doing the background check on me. I am assuming this means police certificates are being analysed etc etc?

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi Crais84,

I was on study permit and then applied for OWP which was approved recently. My OWP states Permit - WP-EXT. Does this means same owp ONLY? Sorry lil worried.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
Kjaggikaur said:
Hi Crais84,

I was on study permit and then applied for OWP which was approved recently. My OWP states Permit - WP-EXT. Does this means same owp ONLY? Sorry lil worried.
is your study permit still valid, i.e. what is the end date on it? I would imagine if the date is still valid then it should still be valid but personally I would contact CIC to confirm. If the date is not valid then I would imagine you need to get a new study permit but again double check with CIC.