23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
browning911 said:
Thanks for your response Bex. Do live in the province of Ontario?
Hi Browning

Yes I live in Ontario and gave lived here since 2013. I have now have two OHIP cards both were issued when I probed that I had a full time job working 36 hours a week. Both OHIP cards were issued for the remainder or my work permit.

:)

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
cesedebe said:
Hello,
I got the same request to provide a police certificate. I included a letter in my original package stating why I couldn't get a police certificate from that particular country.
I read somewhere on the application that a letter to justify absence of a police certificate would suffice, so I'm wondering why CIC would request it again.

Any suggestions on what to do? And they asked that it be sent to Vegreville which is strange because I sent my paper application to Mississauga.
If they asked you to submit the documents to CIC-V, then submit it to CIC-V to avoid any further delay.

maria_mirabela said:
Maybe Mississauga send some of the cases to Vegreville in order to work on the backlog reduction or you have applied for OWP or some other type of TRV that is normally processed in Vegreville. It's just a guess...
Once upon a time, inland family class apps were processed in CIC-V. Then in 2013 or 2014 they opened CIC-M, since then CIC-M handles PR apps and CIC-V handles temporary permit apps.

Earlier this year, CIC-M shipped big chunk of the inland apps back to CIC-V (mostly March - August 2015 applications). There were no official explanation but we suspected CIC wants to double the processing speed by concurrently process apps in 2 processing centres.

Unfortunately CIC-V is really slow in picking up its old job of processing PR apps...so on the 2015 spreadsheet, after Feb2015 apps being processed, we saw lot of post-September 2015 apps getting approved while March-August 2015 apps receive nothing. Since April this year (4 months-ish), CIC-M has finished processing most September-November 2015 applications but CPC-V is still processing March 2015 applications.

March-August 2015 applicants are pretty mad about this, lot of people contacted their MP but most of them were told "come back after 26 months because that's the official processing time"

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Yup same letter just came through, asking for police check to be sent to CPC-V, sent a CSE saying it was in the file, others have done the same previously with no problems....looks like the Junes are moving!!

It confused me as the background check has already started!!

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
lauralee15 said:
Are Service Canada and Service Ontario two separate agencies? I didn't realize you could process both OHIP and SIN at same location?
Hi Lauralee15 and Browning911

Just to clarify - im not sure that all of the Service Ontario locations will be able to issue you with the OHIP card. I'm on a working holiday visa which is an open work permit and I had to go to a special Service Ontario in Milton. So it was a bit of a trek from work and where I live but that was the closest that could do it. Well worth it though! Make sure when you go to get your OHIP card they can actually process it at that Centre. ☺

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
Canad1anAl1en said:
bex far as I know, the limit of 4 years working on work permits in 8 years applies to everyone, the liberals haven't even commented on that piece of legislation...if you can prove the 9 months they "should" give you a new permit for those 9 months, but my understanding was it is totally in the processing officers hands, as on paper, you have reached your quota. This piece of nonsense was brought in at the same time as the TFW backlash in 2014, at that time it was used effectively to cull Temporary Workers who had been happily getting permit after permit for years, but had no chance of a successful PR and bring the numbers down FAST...I must admit, it worked.

So basically add those 9 months onto the current validity of your work permit...if the total is close <ish> to 14 months or so...I wouldn't really worry, with how things are going for Spousal PR now (my bet is processing, even for complex cases going down to 14 months at the end of everything..saving a year makes such a good soundbite by the minister). What they will not do is give you another 2 year permit, although you are entitled to exactly that.
Thanks Canad1anAl1en and Browning911 on your replies.

Hopefully I get a decent immigration officer then! I worry because the previous visa I have been issued and the one I am currently on are working holiday visas and therfore I do not have to work to be allowed in the country. Hence my comment about them deciding that just because I didn't work doesn't mean I should be granted more time to work through the bridging program.

Although like I mentioned and Canad1anAl1en commented it says on their website if you can prove that you have not worked a whole 4 years... so hopefully my proof will be enough and they will grant me a permit for 9 months only!

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
Canad1anAl1en said:
CIC changed it's rules on Police certs. As long as your Police certificates are obtained after you left the country concerned..there is no expiry...I doubted this little gem, but my background check is in progress right now and my police cert was nearly a year old when I sent off the application, when they started processing it was 13 months old, so that kind of proves the point. I was planning to request a new one (takes 5 weeks from the UK and you can do the entire application online) as soon as processing on the sponsor started, this cert was just to "tick the box" so to speak to get the app off going on the old advice of "they like police certs to be within 3 months of the application date, and certificates are only valid for a year".

This is copied straight from the CIC website:

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18. For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.
For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply. This does not apply to us, being inland and already being in Canada

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

If you are Inland and you do not leave Canada since having the medical then your medical results do not expire either, the doctor that did my immigration medical told me that one.
Well I have not been back to the UK since arriving in Canada since Feb 2015 so they police certificate I got for that will still be valid. It is great you can get it all online now, I think mine took maybe 2 weeks at most from application start to receiving it in the mail which was excellent considering they had to airmail it. Did not ask for express service either. Hopefully my Canadian police certificate will still be valid when they look at my application if they are not already doing so. No news is good news as far as I am concerned but still doesn't stop me worrying that I am not part of the backlog applications.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
vancouvernick said:
Once upon a time, inland family class apps were processed in CIC-V. Then in 2013 or 2014 they opened CIC-M, since then CIC-M handles PR apps and CIC-V handles temporary permit apps.

Earlier this year, CIC-M shipped big chunk of the inland apps back to CIC-V (mostly March - August 2015 applications). There were no official explanation but we suspected CIC wants to double the processing speed by concurrently process apps in 2 processing centres.

Unfortunately CIC-V is really slow in picking up its old job of processing PR apps...so on the 2015 spreadsheet, after Feb2015 apps being processed, we saw lot of post-September 2015 apps getting approved while March-August 2015 apps receive nothing. Since April this year (4 months-ish), CIC-M has finished processing most September-November 2015 applications but CPC-V is still processing March 2015 applications.

March-August 2015 applicants are pretty mad about this, lot of people contacted their MP but most of them were told "come back after 26 months because that's the official processing time"
You keep mentioning this mick, and while the situation described is totally unfair and unjust, there is nothing the 2016 applicants who just happened to be in the right place at the right time through pure chance can do personally about it. I do speak my mind but I think everyone here would admit quietly to themselves offline, if CIC said they could have 5 months processing or the march august 2015 applicants would have it instead, what do you think my answer, or even yours mick if you still had no PR would be?

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Crais84 said:
Well I have not been back to the UK since arriving in Canada since Feb 2015 so they police certificate I got for that will still be valid. It is great you can get it all online now, I think mine took maybe 2 weeks at most from application start to receiving it in the mail which was excellent considering they had to airmail it. Did not ask for express service either. Hopefully my Canadian police certificate will still be valid when they look at my application if they are not already doing so. No news is good news as far as I am concerned but still doesn't stop me worrying that I am not part of the backlog applications.
Better than that.. apply online, swallow the international courier fee AND express processing, and it can be in your hands in 5 working days...all for 217 dollars!!! Yes I'm toying with it...you know..that.."just in case" would hate to get refused for 217 dollars...and could always get a copy for 10 bucks at the same time for my CV. Plus the original can be posted to CPC-V and you KNOW everything is hunky dory.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Hello Guys,

I received an email from CIC stating

Police certificates for the every country in which you and any dependants, whether accompanying or not, have resided for at least 6 months or more during the past 10 years, or since the age of 18, whichever comes first. For instructions on how to obtain the correct police certificate required, you must visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
As per our records, you have not submitted the required police certificates from the country(ies) listed below:

My name stated and the Country is Macau SAR.

When i submitted my inland Application it's already included, but when the time the CIC received it, It's already expired.
do i have to send it again? I've never been back to macau since 2013.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
pedropil said:
Hello Guys,

I received an email from CIC stating

Police certificates for the every country in which you and any dependants, whether accompanying or not, have resided for at least 6 months or more during the past 10 years, or since the age of 18, whichever comes first. For instructions on how to obtain the correct police certificate required, you must visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
As per our records, you have not submitted the required police certificates from the country(ies) listed below:

My name stated and the Country is Macau SAR.

When i submitted my inland Application it's already included, but when the time the CIC received it, It's already expired.
do i have to send it again? I've never been back to macau since 2013.
Same thing with me, i have submitted PCC1ith application on 15th April. It has eexpiredin July. Today, 10th August i got am email to provide PCC again.

Kindly let me know what to do?

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
Canad1anAl1en said:
You keep mentioning this mick, and while the situation described is totally unfair and unjust, there is nothing the 2016 applicants who just happened to be in the right place at the right time through pure chance can do personally about it. I do speak my mind but I think everyone here would admit quietly to themselves offline, if CIC said they could have 5 months processing or the march august 2015 applicants would have it instead, what do you think my answer, or even yours mick if you still had no PR would be?
Not sure if I completely understand your reply...

I am not trying to hurt any feelings, I was just telling the story since most of you probably didn't check the 2015 app discussion and I checked into that thread everyday since last year. Yes, of course post-September 2015 applicants (including me) feel lucky and happy since we basically jumped 6-7 months of queue. But it's not our fault that CPC-V apps are not getting processed as fast as CPC-M. Those people whose got transferred to CPC-V actually formed their small group of alliance and they are taking action by having their MPs inquiring about this situation.

If your app has been transferred to CPC-V, you can get a better estimate of processing timeline by following Mar-Aug2015 applicants progress.

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
vancouvernick said:
Not sure if I completely understand your reply...

I am not trying to hurt any feelings, I was just telling the story since most of you probably didn't check the 2015 app discussion and I checked into that thread everyday since last year. Yes, of course post-September 2015 applicants (including me) feel lucky and happy since we basically jumped 6-7 months of queue. But it's not our fault that CPC-V apps are not getting processed as fast as CPC-M. Those people whose got transferred to CPC-V actually formed their small group of alliance and they are taking action by having their MPs inquiring about this situation.

If your app has been transferred to CPC-V, you can get a better estimate of processing timeline by following Mar-Aug2015 applicants progress.
Thank you vancouvernick. I appreciate the information. I will look at their timelines because that's where my file has been transferred to. I've been told that our app is in the backlog program as well but have received nothing beyond AOR & request for PC. I now know that it's just going to be a longer process than other processing centres.

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
I'm so confused now.. do the police certificates expire after a certain time? Even if you have not left Canada or resided anywhere else?

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Has anyone actually got a letter saying their file has been transferred? I didn't? I even checked, Mississuaga is still my processing office.

I could well believe CPC-V still has the staff with the experience to run the checks etc (from their days being the main processing center) and they are working in tandem with CPC-M (2 officers on different parts of the process at the same time, cutting processing downtime). Hence the police check going to CPC-V. I actually believe the 5 month case ALSO got the same letter and sent their docs to CPC-V if you read back. If they are doing it in 5 months....take me..take me!

None of us will ever be able to second-guess IRCC....take me, background started 29th july (which suggests PCC etc all in place) 12 days later..send us your PCC...I've given up trying to understand why they do what they do, I just respond to whatever comes in my inbox. I have decided to hold firm with saying it is in the file, wait for the reply from the CSE, and if needed then apply for a PCC, I will have the time with the UK having such a quick turnaround.

We all got a sniff of mega-fast processing and I for one forgot, in 6 weeks or so I have a 2 year open work permit....after that take as long as you want processing me! This permit was the whole reason I went Inland originally.