+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

preet05

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
browning911 said:
Preet, if you are talking about checking the application status: what I read was that the sponsorship application part always will show in process and with regard to the Permanent Resident application, I am not sure if it changes once Sponsorship approval has been given. Maybe someone who already has sponsorship approval can answer this part.

I prefer to check MyCIC since that is where it should that the medical had been passed.
Is it means PR application Status and Spouse sponsorship status + OWP can be seen from different sites. I know only for PR not for SA + OWP. Can you please tell me how to check these both ?

And really appreciate your help !.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
preet05 said:
Is it means PR application Status and Spouse sponsorship status + OWP can be seen from different sites. I know only for PR not for SA + OWP. Can you please tell me how to check these both ?

You can link your paper application for OWP to your my CIC account. I dunno anything about where you can find the SA status..

Tyara

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Calgary
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017. Med's passed 13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-06-2017
LANDED..........
29-06-2017
Hi guys! Just to let you know that my OWP is approved today at My CIC. :D ;D
I sent my PR application and OWP on April 21.
Good luck to everyone :)

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
preet05 said:

[/quote;]

@preet: you can link your paper application with mycic for OWP too.

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Have anybody tried getting ohip with open work permit in toronto ?
Can you share your experiences ?

mhakel_25

Jan 10, 2016
Hi.. just send my application last aug 8 tru fedex and received with sigh aug 9 2016.. any1 same timelaine is mine? Thanks

inlandguy

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Hello guys,

I just linked my OWP to cic and it shows:

Where is this application? Details

Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

--------------------
Is that Correct guys for OWP? If thats OWP, whats next to that?

and my application number staring with W and plus 9digit numbers, example like this -> W123456789

Is that same with you guys also?

Thank you very much

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
Canad1anAl1en said:
Don't want to pick bones with you Nick, but just checking, by that comment do you mean everyone who has an application date with CIC prior to June 13th 2016? The operational bulletin stated that was the cut-off to be included in the reduction excercise.

I made it in (hopefully) by the skin of my teeth (3rd June).
I don't work for CIC so can't give you the definite answer. But I don't think you should worry about that because...say, hypothetically you missed the cutoff of SIR program by a couple of days and CIC keeps its promise of finishing all backlog by the end of 2016, that means you will get your pr first thing in the new year...It does not make sense that CIC would just finish all the backlog and everyone take a 3-month vacation to accumulate a new pile of backlog. If you are not part of the backlog, it only means you will be processed right after the backlog...

If you have been following the 2015 thread daily for the past 6 months you would understand that the "backlog reduction" is basically done by skipping through most March-August 2015 applications. Those March-August 2015 app were actually transferred to CPC-V for processing. CIC was hoping by having apps processed in 2 processing centre (CPC-M & CPC-V), they can reduce backlog. Unfortunately, those March-August 2015 people have been stuck since then, very very few May-Aug 2015 applications have receive anything (not even SA) today. And guess what, those March-August 2015 apps are also part of the SIR program. I wonder whether more SIR apps were sent to CPC-V...my point is, being in the SIR program is not always faster...

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
maria_mirabela said:
Thanks a lot for the intel. Although I think it's too soon for me to ask for my GCMS notes; my app was sent last month, July 13th. I guess I should wait until September or so and then file a request.
According to the GCMS notes I received, someone conducted a document check and listed 2 outstanding items on my file about 2 months after the first AOR and about a week before my sponsor's SA.

Just keep in mind that GCMS notes request takes 30 day. You are not allowed to bug them until the 31st calendar day. I've seen people ordering 1 GCMS note every month but that seems excessive...Maybe you should send in a request a month after AOR :)

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
vancouvernick said:
If you have been following the 2015 thread daily for the past 6 months you would understand that the "backlog reduction" is basically done by skipping through most March-August 2015 applications. Those March-August 2015 app were actually transferred to CPC-V for processing. CIC was hoping by having apps processed in 2 processing centre (CPC-M & CPC-V), they can reduce backlog. Unfortunately, those March-August 2015 people have been stuck since then, very very few May-Aug 2015 applications have receive anything (not even SA) today..................
Indeed then you have patrons of this thread that landed in 5 months, start to finish, I know it sucks...but if I'm offered it, I will be taking it.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
preet05 said:

Preet you can check Sponsorship Application and Permanent Residence here:
Check your Application Status:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

You can check your OWP by connecting your paper application to your My CIC/GC Key Account by setting up and account here and linking the OWP Application[/b]. You can also add your Permanent Residence Application to this GCKey as well:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
inlandguy said:
Hello guys,

I just linked my OWP to cic and it shows:

Where is this application? Details

Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

--------------------
Is that Correct guys for OWP? If thats OWP, whats next to that?

and my application number staring with W and plus 9digit numbers, example like this -> W123456789

Is that same with you guys also?

Thank you very much
Hi Inland.

Yes, this is how it looked until OWP was approved. And Yes the work permit application number starts with a "W"

After OWP was approved the Open part went to Closed.

Then a note saying we had a message to check and when we checked there was a letter indicating that the OWP was approved and would be mailed to us.

After that the Closed became Approved.

We received the work permit in the mail the following week.

Process took 110 days (from receipt to approval in GC Key).

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
Hi guys, we have received our AIP in July but the online status remains IP for Sponsorship and AR for PR application status. It's been almost a month, is it normal that the online status has not been updated?

Also, we went ahead and did our upfront medical, should we expect to see a "Medical report received" status some time soon? Thanks in advance!

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
Do any of you guys know how long a medical is valid for and police certificates as well? I sent my application in on Feb 3rd and it was received Feb 5th. I received AOR on 13th April and then my OWP on 3rd June (bang on the 4 month mark). Since then I have not heard a peep from CIC or my lawyer representatives. I emailed my lawyers about linking my application online as I tried it but because I have a representative they have to do it. Anyway I also rang CIC last week and they informed me they have not requested any information or sent out any further correspondence (which I see as a good thing). I forgot to ask if I was part of the sped up processing of the backlog. Do you think I should call them back and ask or just sit tight? I am concerned that by the time I am due to be processed my police certificate and medical will no longer be valid and have to pay for them again which will suck but suppose that is the risk I took sending them in with my application.