+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
MariaCoco13 said:
My application was received on June 6th
Got my AOR 1 06/23
AOR 2 06/29
Anyone knows what is the next step? What should i be getting now?
Thank you and best of luck to everyone :D ;)
hey
Welcome to the forum!
you can enter your details to the timeline spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1992004750

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hey guys,
A quick update and a heads up! My WP arrived two weeks ago and I already found a full time job in my field until the end of the year. Fingers crossed for everyone who is hunting!!!

Here a heads up for anyone who might be expecting updates via Canada Post: The post might go on strike this coming week, and the last time it took them months to figure stuff out. There might be delays coming up - but stay calm, many things can be sent via scan and with the promise of sending it later, from my experience. Just keep up to date with the news!

preet05

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hello Friends,

Congrats to those who received OWP and all the best to who are still waiting.

Can any one help me in letting know what will be the third line that will be updated on my CIC account. And when can i expect to receive the OWP.

Current status shows like below:-
Received application for PR on May5, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
?
?
?

Thanks in advance freinds

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
j87 said:
I have already got the account... but the system can't find my application

1. Which is the right choice?
Application number and family name (where can I find the number? On AOR?)

I tried family name and given name and DOB, it doesn't work.

2. What situation applies to the appliant?
Spouse?
1. neither is the right choice its just which ever detail you have, i chose the simple one with family and given name. on given name you need to put first name as well as a middle name if you have one (that's the mistake i kept making and not putting my middle name in the 'given name' box. 2. the sityation that applies to the applicant... on the drop down towards the bottom there's one that says something like applied for spousal sponsorship inland. hope that helps. :)

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Ringlands said:
1. neither is the right choice its just which ever detail you have, i chose the simple one with family and given name. on given name you need to put first name as well as a middle name if you have one (that's the mistake i kept making and not putting my middle name in the 'given name' box. 2. the sityation that applies to the applicant... on the drop down towards the bottom there's one that says something like applied for spousal sponsorship inland. hope that helps. :)
Thank you for your information.

I tried again and again, but it still doesn't work :(

s!nful

May 3, 2014
Hi Guys,

Quick question. My spouse is a PR holder and sponsoring me. with regards to additional family information (IMM5406), does the name of the spouse need to be entered in section A. And does the spouse need to fill in another copy of this form.

Appreciate responses. Goodluck to all.

AK16

Jan 20, 2016
Hi all
I am suffering due to negligence of CIC.

My application was received on Feb 15,2016. Got first AOR on Apr 1,2016 and second on June 13, 2016.
After 4 months passed(on June 15, 2016), I called them to inquire about my OWP. They checked and said "Oh, we forgot to create a file for your OWP. Will do it now. We only created a file for spouse PR".
I asked how long will it take now. They said no idea, you just have to wait.

Its been 4 months and 3 weeks now, still no idea when my OWP will arrive. Every time I call them now, they say "we have already sent a note to the officer once, we cannot send a note again for 3 months."

Has anyone faced such a problem or heard about anyone facing the same? Any inputs would be helpful. Is there anything I can do or I just have to wait?

Also, on June 17, 2016, I got an email from CIC asking for my passport and Police clearance certificate copy saying I have not sent this to them. I am very sure I sent all this. But still I sent it again.
They are being highly negligent. :(

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
Hi everyone

I am getting concerned now as everyone is talking about AOR 2 and I have only had the AOR 1. Application sent in 3rd Feb, received 5th Feb, 1st AOR on 13th April, OWP 3rd June and not heard a peep since. I am going to email my lawyers who are my representatives to see if they have heard anything but I am going to assume that no news it good news? Do you guys think I should give CIC a call or just leave it as is for now? I am an inland application and someone mentioned to me before that they do not think they give inland applications a 2nd AOR. I also did my medical and police checks up front and they have not asked for updated ones as of yet so fingers crossed touch wood everything is going smoothly.

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Crais84 said:
Hi everyone

I am getting concerned now as everyone is talking about AOR 2 and I have only had the AOR 1. Application sent in 3rd Feb, received 5th Feb, 1st AOR on 13th April, OWP 3rd June and not heard a peep since. I am going to email my lawyers who are my representatives to see if they have heard anything but I am going to assume that no news it good news? Do you guys think I should give CIC a call or just leave it as is for now? I am an inland application and someone mentioned to me before that they do not think they give inland applications a 2nd AOR. I also did my medical and police checks up front and they have not asked for updated ones as of yet so fingers crossed touch wood everything is going smoothly.
to be honest i would be grateful you have your OWP, there are lots of us out there struggling on a single wage unable to work. No news is good news, AOR's arent the be all and end all, the AOR 1 and AOR 2 are basically an acknowledgement to the sponsor (AOR1) and then an acknowledgement to the applicant (AOR2) (from my experience) that CIC has the paperwork you sent them. if you're being sponsored and only the sponsor gets an AOR im pretty sure they are going to tell the person they are sponsoring that CIC sent some form of AOR. Remember we are all in the same boat on this forum so dont always take everything you read for gospel truth as we are all just trying to support each other and find our way through this crazyness and reporting our experiences along the way!! Dont worry :)

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
+1 to ringlands post...agree 100%

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Can you pls tell me on which number u called?

AK16 said:
Hi all

My application was received on Feb 15,2016. Got first AOR on Apr 1,2016 and second on June 13, 2016.
After 4 months passed(on June 15, 2016), I called them to inquire about my OWP. They checked and said "Oh, we forgot to create a file for your OWP. Will do it now. We only created a file for spouse PR".

Its been 4 months and 3 weeks now, still no idea when my OWP will arrive. Every time I call them now, they say "we have already sent a note to the officer once, we cannot send a note again for 3 months."

Has anyone faced such a problem or heard about anyone facing the same? Any inputs would be helpful. Is there anything I can do or I just have to wait?

Also, on June 17, 2016, I got an email from CIC asking for my passport and Police clearance certificate copy saying I have not sent this to them. I am very sure I sent all this. But still I sent it again.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
Ringlands said:
to be honest i would be grateful you have your OWP, there are lots of us out there struggling on a single wage unable to work. No news is good news, AOR's arent the be all and end all, the AOR 1 and AOR 2 are basically an acknowledgement to the sponsor (AOR1) and then an acknowledgement to the applicant (AOR2) (from my experience) that CIC has the paperwork you sent them. if you're being sponsored and only the sponsor gets an AOR im pretty sure they are going to tell the person they are sponsoring that CIC sent some form of AOR. Remember we are all in the same boat on this forum so dont always take everything you read for gospel truth as we are all just trying to support each other and find our way through this crazyness and reporting our experiences along the way!! Dont worry :)
Thanks man ;D ;D ;D I am certainly grateful I have my OWP and take that as a good sign as well. Hopefully everyone else gets their OWP's soon. They did mine bang on 4 months so fingers crossed with them working through the backlog that time frame gets smaller and smaller for people

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Today I called cic and inquire about sponsor does not received acknowledgement but applicant did, and am i missing any letter or email. I've applied on 15th April 2016.

He said we just only send one acknowledgement.

He also said your application is not in file to process quicker, usual time is 26-months. I asked what does it meant he said u r not in queue from long time and documents.
What should I conclude?
Are they doing extra work in my file?

Any comment will be appreciated!!!

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
Today I called cic and inquire about sponsor does not received acknowledgement but applicant did, and am i missing any letter or email. I've applied on 15th April 2016.

He said we just only send one acknowledgement.

He also said your application is not in file to process quicker, usual time is 26-months. I asked what does it meant he said u r not in queue from long time and documents.
What should I conclude?
Are they doing extra work in my file?

No, the helpline, is, as usual giving you the stock standard responses which is all you get from them...generally....26 months processing time.

Reading you're post it seems you're application has been identified as NOT suitable for streamlining....only those applications that seem totally straightforward will get speedier processing, I know that sucks, but based on what YOU say the help agent said, that does seem the case. (if you re-read the original statements on the backlog program it does state "those applications identified as straightforward will benefit from streamlined processing"...just because you applied prior to June 13th does NOT guarantee being part of the program, if CIC feel you're application is not straightforward.)

He has confirmed your application is fine...beside that, leave it alone, a watched pot never boils.....

If you REALLY want to know whats going on with your application, apply for you're GCMS notes, I'm not going to get into the hows and wherefores of getting those, just search on the topic there are at least 30 threads all on getting them.

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
AK16 said:
Hi all

Get the sponsor to contact their MP....point out the problem with the work permit...ask them to raise it with the minister.