May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
sipfarms said:
Finally got OWP in the mail yesterday BUT they've made a mistake & excluded working in the health field. That's as handy as a pocket in a singlet for a nurse. Did the same thing with IEC application & had to reapply for work permit & pay again because it was done online & had no copy of original as proof & couldn't get into original application. You live & learn so have copies of everything this time so hopefully it will be fixed without paying again.

On the upside, got an email today requesting Police Check for PR application. I think that must mean "You have progressed in the queue." Yay!
That's the standard wording of OWP's when you don't have a valid medical exam, so if you sent one with your app, they weren't able to connect it to your OWP. It's a good thing you have copies, although I'm afraid that it will still be difficult to get it corrected at no cost.

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
Hi All,

I got open work permit through spousal sponsorship and my PR application is currently under processing. I am currently unemployed and looking for a job. My Spouse is a PR and currently working full time in Ontario with all health benefits from his employer and I am also covered under his insurance benefits. I am looking for some advice to obtain Ontario health card. When I approached service ontario, they informed me that for temporary worker has to work full time and employed with the employer for atleast six months to get ontario Health card under OHIP.

Please let me know, if there is any way that I can get Ontario healthcard? Next question will be, even though I am covered by my Spouse insurance benefits from his employer, Can I utilize those medical benefits without ontario health card? Please advise. Thanks!!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mak31086 said:
Hi All,

I got open work permit through spousal sponsorship and my PR application is currently under processing. I am currently unemployed and looking for a job. My Spouse is a PR and currently working full time in Ontario with all health benefits from his employer and I am also covered under his insurance benefits. I am looking for some advice to obtain Ontario health card. When I approached service ontario, they informed me that for temporary worker has to work full time and employed with the employer for atleast six months to get ontario Health card under OHIP.

Please let me know, if there is any way that I can get Ontario healthcard? Next question will be, even though I am covered by my Spouse insurance benefits from his employer, Can I utilize those medical benefits without ontario health card? Please advise. Thanks!!
this was already answered in another thread. as stated there, please do not repost the same question multiple times at the same time.

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
sophieee said:
That's the standard wording of OWP's when you don't have a valid medical exam, so if you sent one with your app, they weren't able to connect it to your OWP. It's a good thing you have copies, although I'm afraid that it will still be difficult to get it corrected at no cost.
Good news everyone. OWP has been amended to include working in health field - no extra paperwork or fee required. And, yes previous medical was sent which was still valid when application was lodged. Will now send case specific enquiry & lodge updated work contract now that Canadian provisional nurse registration has been accepted as well. Things are looking up. :)

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zumbagirl said:
hi Sipfarms
we also got a request for additional docs, the strange thing is that we have to send the additional docs to Vegreville not the Mississauga.

how about you guys?

Experts:
is this mean that inland sponsorship applications are processed all over the country not only in Mississauga?

thanks for your input
Same here asked us to send the pcc/docs to vegreville.
Are you guys getting the new pcc or sending a copy of the old one?

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
sikko said:
Same here asked us to send the pcc/docs to vegreville.
Are you guys getting the new pcc or sending a copy of the old one?
Didn't do a police check with application, just medical.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
sikko/sipfarm:

are you guys mailing the extra papers or uploading them via the case specific inquiry site? (or both??)

cheers
Zumbag

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zumbagirl said:
sikko/sipfarm:

are you guys mailing the extra papers or uploading them via the case specific inquiry site? (or both??)

cheers
Zoltan
The pdf says, send the requested information to a mailing address. So I think i will be doing the same.

How about you?

Cheers

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
sikko said:
The pdf says, send the requested information to a mailing address. So I think i will be doing the same.

How about you?

Cheers
Letter asked to mail it so it will be mailing from us as well (and keeping copies). Don't want to clog up case specific inquiry site with docs that aren't specified in the list on cic site.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Just wondering where we would need to go to on CIC website if they request an additional document. They have not requested anything as yet but just in case.

Just awaiting OWP for now....

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
zumbagirl said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp

more details on the backlog reduction
Thanks zumbagirl. So from my reading, they want to get applications processed before medicals & passports expire and will process applications that have all documentation required quicker. So, if you haven't lodged your application make sure you send medicals & police checks & as much documentation as possible with the application.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
sipfarms said:
Thanks zumbagirl. So from my reading, they want to get applications processed before medicals & passports expire and will process applications that have all documentation required quicker. So, if you haven't lodged your application make sure you send medicals & police checks & as much documentation as possible with the application.
sounds right. except I think this applies only for applications already in the inventory.

if you consider that end of November 2015 folks are getting "decision made" in these days we are only a few months off from them. therefore my bet is that the January /February 2016 people will be getting DM by the end of the summer.

what do you think?
8)

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
zumbagirl said:
sounds right. except I think this applies only for applications already in the inventory.

if you consider that end of November 2015 folks are getting "decision made" in these days we are only a few months off from them. therefore my bet is that the January /February 2016 people will be getting DM by the end of the summer.

what do you think?
8)
I was thinking PR would be a great Christmas present but before would be perfectly fine by me. Sooner PR sooner to qualify for citizenship ;D

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
sipfarms said:
I was thinking PR would be a great Christmas present but before would be perfectly fine by me. Sooner PR sooner to qualify for citizenship ;D
Xmas for sure! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)