14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
volkov said:
we re-did the forms, printed them out, signed them, then scanned them and uploaded them
did you add the current date to the bottom when sending in the updated completed form ?
I got the same latter in the mail and re-did everything added explanations and everything but now I don't know whether to add
the date they first received my application or the current date.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
What is the second AOR as I have only received the first AOR which was for my sponsor? My OWP was approved 3rd June so should I expect the 2nd AOR soon?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Crais84 said:
What is the second AOR as I have only received the first AOR which was for my sponsor? My OWP was approved 3rd June so should I expect the 2nd AOR soon?
My understanding was AOR2 came after sponsorhip approval. Can someone please verify this?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
browning911 said:
My understanding was AOR2 came after sponsorhip approval. Can someone please verify this?
"sponsor approval" is specific to the outland application process, not inland. For Inland, sponsor eligiblity is part of the AIP process. I'm not sure inland applications receive an AOR2...

inland and outland have different processings, so there are many aspects that are not relavant to both streams.

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
So this is weird - got an email from CIC asking to send police certificates. But this was included in the initial application - in fact, we provided original copies of police certificate as requested and now they came back saying "As per our records, you have not submitted the required police certificates from the country(ies) listed...".

What does this mean? Is this a mistake? Do we need to resend police certificate (which would require requesting originals from the countries, which takes weeks)?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
matthars said:
So this is weird - got an email from CIC asking to send police certificates. But this was included in the initial application - in fact, we provided original copies of police certificate as requested and now they came back saying "As per our records, you have not submitted the required police certificates from the country(ies) listed...".

What does this mean? Is this a mistake? Do we need to resend police certificate (which would require requesting originals from the countries, which takes weeks)?
what was the date on the police certificates sent? Are the countries they are asking for the same you sent certificates for? If they are current and the right countries, it could be a mistake. If that's the case, i would recommend sending a case specific inquiry and notify cic they were in the package. there's also the chance they were lost at some point or they are considered outdated, and CIC wants new ones. If you applied inland, then i'd imagine it's more about the certificates being expired more than anything else.

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
what was the date on the police certificates sent? Are the countries they are asking for the same you sent certificates for? If they are current and the right countries, it could be a mistake. If that's the case, i would recommend sending a case specific inquiry and notify cic they were in the package. there's also the chance they were lost at some point or they are considered outdated, and CIC wants new ones. If you applied inland, then i'd imagine it's more about the certificates being expired more than anything else.
We submitted the application in March 2016, so the police certificates were ordered late-January 2016. Could they really be expired already?
The countries requested are the same two countries of police certificates we provided in the initial application (only two countries possible).

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
matthars said:
We submitted the application in March 2016, so they police certificates were ordered late January 2016. Could they really be expired already?
The countries requested are the same two countries of police certificates we provided in the initial application (only two countries possible).
did you apply inland or outland? (just checking because this is an inland thread) When did CIC acknowledge receipt of your application (your AOR)?
generally, police certificates are considered valid if CIC received them within 90 days of the date. I'm not sure if the rules changed, but they used to only be considered valid for 90 days. if even if it was changed to 6 months (which for some reason i feel like i've seen this referenced), it could be that CIC considers them expired.

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
did you apply inland or outland? (just checking because this is an inland thread) When did CIC acknowledge receipt of your application (your AOR)?
generally, police certificates are considered valid if CIC received them within 90 days of the date. I'm not sure if the rules changed, but they used to only be considered valid for 90 days. if even if it was changed to 6 months (which for some reason i feel like i've seen this referenced), it could be that CIC considers them expired.
Applied inland.
1st AOR (Sponsor's email): April 20, 2016
2nd AOR (Applicant's email): June 10, 2016

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
matthars said:
Applied inland.
1st AOR (Sponsor's email): April 20, 2016
2nd AOR (Applicant's email): June 10, 2016
then my guess is they consider police certificates from Jan 2016 expired.

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matthars said:

If I was in your shoes I would just speak to an agent and clarify what is needed instead of guessing. :)

If you get a hold of them, please share what they said. :)

Cheers

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sikko said:
If I was in your shoes I would just speak to an agent and clarify what is needed instead of guessing. :)

If you get a hold of them, please share what they said. :)

Cheers
I would not put stock into what a CIC agent "says". They are known to give out wrong information. the best thing to do in this situation would be to send a case specific inquiry and ask why new police reports are being requested. more than likely it's because they are considered expired. a case specific inquiry is going to get a much more accurate response than simply calling the call centre. the call centre agents don't have much more information than the applicants and sponsors do.

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
I would not put stock into what a CIC agent "says". They are known to give out wrong information. the best thing to do in this situation would be to send a case specific inquiry and ask why new police reports are being requested. more than likely it's because they are considered expired. a case specific inquiry is going to get a much more accurate response than simply calling the call centre. the call centre agents don't have much more information than the applicants and sponsors do.
Thats scary, how much time would it take them to reply in csi?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sikko said:
Thats scary, how much time would it take them to reply in csi?
no idea. there certainly is no consistency.

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
no idea. there certainly is no consistency.
Do you think it would be easier/time saving to get another certificate?