Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
I already showed it to the agent and even the print out of the implied status definition from cic website. I will try on the main office of MPI or send an email stating specific details. Thank you.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sipfarms said:
I would double check that you don't qualify for a drivers licence. Take your previous visa as well as AOR for partner visa. My daughter had Ontario & then BC drivers licence on IEC so don't understand why you wouldn't qualify.
pedropil said:
I already showed it to the agent and even the print out of the implied status definition from cic website. I will try on the main office of MPI or send an email stating specific details. Thank you.
Not all provinces have the same rules for obtaining drivers licenses, and CIC rules don't necessarily apply to provincial issues, such as driver's licenses, and I highly doubt they will care about the definition of implied status. They will only care about the rules of their own provincial agency. MPI is for Manitoba, not Ontario or BC, so just because those provinces allow this, doesn't mean Manitoba will. It is quite possible a province can and will continue to deny driver's licenses for those on implied status. technically, implied status means a person doesn't have current, temporary status and are in limbo while waiting for a decision on whether their status will be extended, right? this doesn't necessarily give someone the absolute rights of temporary or permanent residents in each province. it would make sense they would want to see something more definitive than implied status. some provinces are stricter than others, so it looks like you will have to wait until your implied status is decided on.

Here is the website for the MPI, and the list of required documents for obtaining a driver's license are very clear. You need 3 pieces of documents, and one must show "entitlement to be in canada". Being on implied status technically doesn't give you entitlement to be in canada, it gives you the right to stay until a decision is made on your status. A current visitor record, visitor visa, TRP, work visa, student visa, COPR, or refugee claimant documents are documents that fall in this category. AOR's or proof of PR applications are NOT valid documents listed.

http://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/DL/DL/Identity/Pages/acceptable-documents.aspx

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
dimigago said:
Please, does anybody know anything about AIP and does it come after 2nd AOR? ::)
Not everyone receive second AOR, and the people who do, receive it at random times.
The spreadsheet can give you a good idea of when will you receive AIP.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Z7J said:
We got something in the mail today. Our OWP app got sent back. We missed a signature on form 5710 ::)

My spouse's status expired last May 26th.

My questions are:

-Aside from form 5710, is there another form we should submit? I understand that we need to pay $200 restoration fee on top of the OWP fee.

-Do we have to pay another $255? Our receipt was sent back too.

-Since they only sent back the OWP app, does that mean that our PR app is safe?
Most likely your PR app is OK, and since your receipt was sent back, you can use it again. You don't need any other form just make sure that you submit everything from the document checklist and send it to the right address for spouses.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Thank you CDNPR2014 for the explanation. I completely understand even before i applied.
Just basing on this updated info by the CIC thats why i tried to apply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
pedropil said:
Thank you CDNPR2014 for the explanation. I completely understand even before i applied.
Just basing on this updated info by the CIC thats why i tried to apply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp
this has nothing to do with provincial rules or policies, this is specific to work/study visa rules and traveling outside of canada. one thing has nothing to do with the other. i can't see how this would apply to proving "entitlement for being in canada" per the province of Manitoba guidelines. CIC does not govern provincial agencies.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
this has nothing to do with provincial rules or policies, this is specific to work/study visa rules and traveling outside of canada. one thing has nothing to do with the other. i can't see how this would apply to proving "entitlement for being in canada" per the province of Manitoba guidelines. CIC does not govern provincial agencies.
Theres seem to be a problem with MPI employees, she told me if i applied after 3 months when i arrived as tourist i can apply for a license. As far as i know im not allowed to apply as tourist but she told me tourist can apply for a drivers license in manitoba. Arrival stamp and/or visitor record when you applied fo extension she told me for tourist.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
pedropil said:
Theres seem to be a problem with MPI employees, she told me if i applied after 3 months when i arrived as tourist i can apply for a license. As far as i know im not allowed to apply as tourist but she told me tourist can apply for a drivers license in manitoba. Arrival stamp and/or visitor record when you applied fo extension she told me for tourist.
yes, as i stated before a visitor's record is an acceptable form, so the MPI employee is correct, visitors can get driver's licenses. your issue is that you don't have a CURRENT visitor, work or study visa yet (as you are currently on implied status) and will need to have one in order to apply. i would recommend really looking at the list i linked to before. this information is on there.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, as i stated before a visitor's record is an acceptable form, so the MPI employee is correct, visitors can get driver's licenses. your issue is that you don't have a CURRENT visitor, work or study visa yet (as you are currently on implied status) and will need to have one in order to apply. i would recommend really looking at the list i linked to before. this information is on there.
Thank you again. All my requirements are complete when i went to MPI except for the visitor record. Theres no harm in trying after i read about updated info on implied status.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
pedropil said:
Thank you again. All my requirements are complete when i went to MPI except for the visitor record. Theres no harm in trying after i read about updated info on implied status.
try all you want, just know that you won't be successful until you can prove valid status again. you need 1 item from each list, so that's 3 items. they don't accept "almost all" requirements. they will only accept ALL of them to qualify. this is not complicated. the rules of your province are very clear here. if you don't have the exact items they are looking for, they won't allow you to get a license, and you are really only wasting your own time and effort if you keep going back to convince them otherwise. this has nothing to do with what CIC states in a memo or website update about implied status. one thing has nothing to do with another. again, CIC rules do not overule provincial rules/laws. good luck!

Z7J

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016 / 29-06-2016
sophieee said:
Most likely your PR app is OK, and since your receipt was sent back, you can use it again. You don't need any other form just make sure that you submit everything from the document checklist and send it to the right address for spouses.
So do I just include another receipt showing the $200 restoration fee without additional visitor restoration form (if such exist)?

For the address, is it different than what they had on the sender address when they returned the app?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mcrystald said:
Hi all,

Can someone please explain to me the acronyms AOR, APR, and any others that are there.

Thank you,
Check the FAQ (in my signature).

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Z7J said:
So do I just include another receipt showing the $200 restoration fee without additional visitor restoration form (if such exist)?

For the address, is it different than what they had on the sender address when they returned the app?
An additional fee, and an additional mark on your form (at the very beginning). I don't know what address you have on your envelop but you can find the correct address in the FAQ.