Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
:) now just trying to find a job finally. I hope more people get their OWP this week!

KAY111

Dec 18, 2014
Hi,

I am going to send spousal sponsoship applicattion this week and i have couple of questions on document filling.

My wife is already having open work permit and it is going to expire in 5months. So i am including OWP application along with Spousal Sponsorship application.

On IMM5710E there is one question

I am appying for one or more of the following:

1. A work permit with the same employer
2. An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
3. Restoration of your status as a worker
4. An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

Can you please suggest which one do i need to check. I am bit confused on this question.
And if OWP is approrved how many years of workpermit we gonna get.

Thanks in advance

german97

Dec 3, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
9symmerty said:
I just wanna share this to everyone, I went to the registry and got my health care reinstated. Valid until the expiration of OWP (ALBERTA)
Didn't even know this was possible until I read some posts by people in Alberta last week in the forum here, my Wife was able to apply for the health card just by using her TRV in her passport and me coming with her and bringing our marriage certificate :) How long did it take for your health care card to arrive by mail?

german97

Dec 3, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Forgot to add that I asked the registry and they said you can also get a drivers license with just the TRV, and a second piece of identification proving the person is living in Alberta, so we will use the health card when it arrives as the 2nd piece of ID. Helpful for anyone who has a spouse who never had a drivers license before and the fact that they will have ID from here and won't have to use their passport for everything and risk losing it.

german97

Dec 3, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
pedropil said:
Do i have to put Not Applicable on the space for the signature of sponsor's spouse - common law (if co signer)

thanks
I just left mine blank, I don't think they would want anything written in there if there is no co signer, I could see them asking "Who is this person with NA as their initials?"

canimm2386

Mar 21, 2016
i got my license here based on my passport and visit visa in toronto so that is possible...also good to know about the health card based on marriage certificate

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
canimm2386 said:
i got my license here based on my passport and visit visa in toronto so that is possible...also good to know about the health card based on marriage certificate
if you're referencing the response above from the person from Alberta, it's important to know that the healthcare system in Ontario is different and more than likely has different requirements than the one in alberta. a driver's license is easy to get in ontario, not so much healthcare.

so, to know for sure if you're eligible for ohip(Assuming you're living in Toronto), you will want to visit the service ontario website. i know for a fact that they will not approve ohip based on a marriage certificate. there are 3 types of documentation needed, and they will ONLY accept what is on the list. There are many people who have to go back 2 or 3 times because the documentation was not correct. they are very very strict about it. if you're here on a visitor's visa, then you are not eligible for OHIP. Once you get the OWP, you'll be able to apply, though you have to be working fulltime for 6 months first before they will approve you. you can also be eligible if you have approval in principle.

From Service ontario's website:
You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, landed immigrant or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;

you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada;

you are a foreign worker who holds a work permit valid for at least 6-months which permits you to work in Canada, and you are working under a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer’s name, your occupation, and states that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
if you're referencing the response above from the person from Alberta, it's important to know that the healthcare system in Ontario is different and more than likely has different requirements than the one in alberta. a driver's license is easy to get in ontario, not so much healthcare.

so, to know for sure if you're eligible for ohip(Assuming you're living in Toronto), you will want to visit the service ontario website. i know for a fact that they will not approve ohip based on a marriage certificate. there are 3 types of documentation needed, and they will ONLY accept what is on the list. There are many people who have to go back 2 or 3 times because the documentation was not correct. they are very very strict about it. if you're here on a visitor's visa, then you are not eligible for OHIP. Once you get the OWP, you'll be able to apply, though you have to be working fulltime for 6 months first before they will approve you. you can also be eligible if you have approval in principle.

From Service ontario's website:
You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, landed immigrant or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;

you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada;

you are a foreign worker who holds a work permit valid for at least 6-months which permits you to work in Canada, and you are working under a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer’s name, your occupation, and states that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;
are you saying that with the open workpermit but no specific job offer one would not be eligible for OHIP? OMG!! is this correct?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
zumbagirl said:
are you saying that with the open workpermit but no specific job offer one would not be eligible for OHIP? OMG!! is this correct?
yep that is correct. definitely check out the service ontario website. like i said ohip has very strict requirements.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/

Open work permit holders (including those in CIC’s Post-Graduation Work Permit Program) may be eligible for Ontario health insurance coverage provided they are employed full-time for an employer in Ontario for a minimum of six months, have a valid work permit during this time, and they:

maintain their primary place of residence in Ontario; and are
physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period; and are
physically present in Ontario for 153 of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province.

and here's the list of documentation needed. note that the bank statement MUST be mailed to you. they will not accept printed copies or stamped copies from a branch. ONLY a mailed copy is accepted.
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf

(for the above link you have to copy and paste the entire thing into your browser or else it won't work correctly.)

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hello all,
I applied for PR under spousal inland category and my husband sponsored me. My application was received but sponsor approval has not been done yet. I want to apply for open work permit. I already have an open work permit that's about to expire. Now I'm confused about which one to use for open work permit application IMM5708 or IMM5710???? COuld you please help??

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
bm2015 said:
Hello all,
I applied for PR under spousal inland category and my husband sponsored me. My application was received but sponsor approval has not been done yet. I want to apply for open work permit. I already have an open work permit that's about to expire. Now I'm confused about which one to use for open work permit application IMM5708 or IMM5710???? COuld you please help??
Working

If the applicant would like to obtain an open work permit, he or she can apply for one at the same time that they apply for permanent residence. To do so, they must include a completed Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] (PDF, 449.75 KB) and the appropriate fee, indicating that they are applying for an open work permit.

Applicants who have already submitted an application for permanent residence but have not yet applied for an open work permit can do so by submitting a completed IMM 5710, including the appropriate fee, to the following address:

CPC – Vegreville
WP - Unit 777
6212-55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Regardless of whether the application is submitted before or after submitting an application for permanent residence, refer to the guide for Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp

Here's the link for Spousal OWP application

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
9symmerty said:
Working

If the applicant would like to obtain an open work permit, he or she can apply for one at the same time that they apply for permanent residence. To do so, they must include a completed Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] (PDF, 449.75 KB) and the appropriate fee, indicating that they are applying for an open work permit.

Applicants who have already submitted an application for permanent residence but have not yet applied for an open work permit can do so by submitting a completed IMM 5710, including the appropriate fee, to the following address:

CPC – Vegreville

WP - Unit 777
6212-55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Regardless of whether the application is submitted before or after submitting an application for permanent residence, refer to the guide for Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada.

Insending inland spouse application with open work permit goes to same address? CPC Mississauga ontario.