IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Why can't Montana's cook a steak medium-rare?

This seems to be an overriding theme with restaurants. The Keg or me -- perfect. Anyone else: either blue/raw or medium-well.

Like, is what I am asking for a holy grail of entrees?

Reactions: carolbb23

Tyara

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Calgary
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017. Med's passed 13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-06-2017
LANDED..........
29-06-2017
Why can't Montana's cook a steak medium-rare?

This seems to be an overriding theme with restaurants. The Keg or me -- perfect. Anyone else: either blue/raw or medium-well.

Like, is what I am asking for a holy grail of entrees?
hahaha that is true! Keg is the best! Good steak and good service

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hahaha that is true! Keg is the best! Good steak and good service
It's our anniversary today. The wife didn't want to do the Keg because of a bunk tooth. It was literally across the street. I am blasting Montana's now...

Tyara

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Calgary
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017. Med's passed 13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-06-2017
LANDED..........
29-06-2017
Congrats for your anniversary! Our is next month....

Hope you will survive Montana's lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Congrats for your anniversary! Our is next month....

Hope you will survive Montana's lol
Thanks! Happy early anniversary to you two!

For all who ever eat out, here is my review to Montana's head office:
"
I have visited Montana's 5 times in the last 2 years:
- Cambridge, Ontario twice
- Niagara Falls, Ontario twice
- Woodstock, Ontario once

Every single visit the sous chef's seem incapable of cooking a steak -- and the most expensive steaks on the menu. I am asking for something very, very simple. Medium-Rare. Even when Montana's had a published guide in the menu, they were not capable of sending a steak out that wasn't blue. Tonight's visit (my wedding anniversary) was no exception.

I had warned the servers the last two times we visited, that I was only trying it to see if something changed. Both times they had me check as soon as my plate hit the table. Both times it was blue (near raw).

Tonight, despite me (and my wife) explaining that, once you have cut the steak open, it now becomes two, and there is dry spots in both sides, the manager (or someone who played himself to be the manager) tried very hard to convince me to just let him continue to cook the steak I had already cut. It was my anniversary -- I don't want to argue with a restaurant in front of my wife because they are incapable of cooking their most expensive meal correctly. Brow-beaten, I accepted his solution. And as I suggested, it was terrible. I was charged full price for this.

I will never visit another Montana's. I will also be making it my mission to make sure others do not lose their hard-earned money.

FWIW: Location: Cambridge, Ontario. Ticket: xxx. Check Time June 19 2017 5:22PM. Tbl XX/X and my server (which it was not her fault) was 20 XXXXXXX. Total: $82.08 Canadian.

"

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Did you get a chance to hear from your kids?
I got 3 calls, 1 from each boy. . It was a breat feelings when you have a relationship with your kids. Some of what the thought about, with me being 1/2 the world away. It just make me be real humbled.
You know, i didnt have lots of money, but i did the best with what i had, and they appreciate it. Very humbling day.
I payed respect to my wife's father, mine would not answer his phone. . . . Maybe he was too busy talking to God. . .
Fathers!!!!!!!!!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I got 3 calls, 1 from each boy. . It was a breat feelings when you have a relationship with your kids. Some of what the thought about, with me being 1/2 the world away. It just make me be real humbled.
You know, i didnt have lots of money, but i did the best with what i had, and they appreciate it. Very humbling day.
I payed respect to my wife's father, mine would not answer his phone. . . . Maybe he was too busy talking to God. . .
Fathers!!!!!!!!!!
You did fine. I"m there but only one little one for now. They're not half a world away.. they're just int eh middle of the ditch. They coulda came to wizit :).

For me, it wasn't humbling. It was me wanting to sleep in and being denied that. LOL

Reactions: sylvain1

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thanks! Happy early anniversary to you two!

For all who ever eat out, here is my review to Montana's head office:
"
I have visited Montana's 5 times in the last 2 years:
- Cambridge, Ontario twice
- Niagara Falls, Ontario twice
- Woodstock, Ontario once

Every single visit the sous chef's seem incapable of cooking a steak -- and the most expensive steaks on the menu. I am asking for something very, very simple. Medium-Rare. Even when Montana's had a published guide in the menu, they were not capable of sending a steak out that wasn't blue. Tonight's visit (my wedding anniversary) was no exception.

I had warned the servers the last two times we visited, that I was only trying it to see if something changed. Both times they had me check as soon as my plate hit the table. Both times it was blue (near raw).

Tonight, despite me (and my wife) explaining that, once you have cut the steak open, it now becomes two, and there is dry spots in both sides, the manager (or someone who played himself to be the manager) tried very hard to convince me to just let him continue to cook the steak I had already cut. It was my anniversary -- I don't want to argue with a restaurant in front of my wife because they are incapable of cooking their most expensive meal correctly. Brow-beaten, I accepted his solution. And as I suggested, it was terrible. I was charged full price for this.

I will never visit another Montana's. I will also be making it my mission to make sure others do not lose their hard-earned money.

FWIW: Location: Cambridge, Ontario. Ticket: xxx. Check Time June 19 2017 5:22PM. Tbl XX/X and my server (which it was not her fault) was 20 XXXXXXX. Total: $82.08 Canadian.

"
Hey happy anniversary!
I don't think we have that restaurant chain in Quebec. Although I like my steak blue, seeing that they cannot cook it as asked, I won't waste money in their restaurant if i happen to see one.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey happy anniversary!
I don't think we have that restaurant chain in Quebec. Although I like my steak blue, seeing that they cannot cook it as asked, I won't waste money in their restaurant if i happen to see one.
Hey thanks! Blue is a little too rare for me. The Keg is literally across a little roadway from the Montana's that I visited -- and same price would be better quality, and cooked perfectly.

The chain's head office is in Toronto. I already sent them my review. I don't expect a response until tomorrow. I suspect they will either ignore me (which is fine, I will continue on my twitter mission), or they will try to buy me off... which will fail (and I will continue my twitter mission anyway)...

My wife is now trying to force me to buy Metallica tickets. They are due in the Roger's Centre with Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat July 16. She heard the new Metallica Hardwired album and told me to find tickets...

Last edited:

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey thanks! Blue is a little too rare for me. The Keg is literally across a little roadway from the Montana's that I visited -- and same price would be better quality, and cooked perfectly.

The chain's head office is in Toronto. I already sent them my review. I don't expect a response until tomorrow. I suspect they will either ignore me (which is fine, I will continue on my twitter mission), or they will try to buy me off... which will fail and I will continue my twitter mission anyway...

My wife is now trying to force me to buy Metallica tickets. They are due in the Roger's Centre with Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat July 16. She heard the new Metallica Hardwired album and told me to find tickets...
My wife eats her steak well done only, so we are quite different on that.
Tickets... Ed Sheeran is coming to Quebec on July 18th which happens to be our anniversary. But everything was sold in few minutes, I couldn't get any tickets, so i hope you'll have more luck than me!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My wife eats her steak well done only, so we are quite different on that.
Tickets... Ed Sheeran is coming to Quebec on July 18th which happens to be our anniversary. But everything was sold in few minutes, I couldn't get any tickets, so i hope you'll have more luck than me!
900+ tickets still available

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
900+ tickets still available
Well... that would be too much for us. But you found that on stubhub or something like that? Because on the videotron center website, everything was sold in minutes.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
You did fine. I"m there but only one little one for now. They're not half a world away.. they're just int eh middle of the ditch. They coulda came to wizit :).

For me, it wasn't humbling. It was me wanting to sleep in and being denied that. LOL
Hahaha well trust me, i have gone through that stage.
There were the days i hqd to think about them and their well being before myself.they have always come first, second and third. . .
Me i was always last. Until the last one got finished with university. . . . Now is my time.
So i get back a little love and some abuse ofcourse!!!!
Hey dad , pops, old man ha ha ha i hope u not in canada working to hard!
You are too old to be still working hard. . . .
Man like me, in the prime of my life, get called old, called to retirement lol
I suspect though , you will hear it sometime in the near future. But its wonderful when your kids make you proud.
At that point you can sleep. . . You trying to nap 2 early lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Well... that would be too much for us. But you found that on stubhub or something like that? Because on the videotron center website, everything was sold in minutes.
I meant 900+ seats. Tickets are 100 each