IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Here's something strange to discuss. I've received an email stating that I've a new message waiting on my CIC account. Logged in & opened it. To my surprise, it is a approval letter, BUT for someone else in Ottawa! No clue who that person is, the application number & UCI number is totally different than ours.

Someone did a huge mistake & forwarded that mail to me.
You might want to let them know. That sounds like a copy/paste error (and why the hell are they doing any of that? The system can auto-gen letters!)

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
I'm hoping for 6pm hour today but probably not lol I'm also wondering if maybe they will just send me AIP and DM/Landing interview time all together
Hoping you get it today.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Here's something strange to discuss. I've received an email stating that I've a new message waiting on my CIC account. Logged in & opened it. To my surprise, it is a approval letter, BUT for someone else in Ottawa! No clue who that person is, the application number & UCI number is totally different than ours.

that happened to my brother-in-law with Quebec immigration... Well, everybody is human and can make mistakessss, but wow, with something that sensitive, that's impressive. Send it back via CSE and explain that it was sent to you by mistake. Try calling, and if you are very lucky, you might get a line to talk to an agent.

Reactions: kokopelli

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017

WTHeck!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@kokopelli : I understand why people want to use lawyers or consultants. The process and paperwork is pretty daunting and exhausting at first. But, to be honest, my missus and I filed all our own. We were the first ones on this forum, from the same day, to land. Despite having received approvals later than everyone else on the same day. No interviews. No document requests. A redo on her medical, and that was literally it.

That goes to show that, you absolutely can do it yourself. You don't need a rep. We are here to help out!

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
What exactly did you submit? Can you give us an itemized list?
Here is what they requested:

Proof of Relationship: Document(s) proving your relationship with your inviter/family member Proof of Relationship: You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are cohabitating with your spouse/sponsor in Canada. Acceptable documentation includes but not limited to: evidence of joint bank, trust, credit union or charge card accounts; jointly signed residential lease, mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms. Other supporting documentation such as statutory declarations of individuals with personal knowledge that your relationship is genuine and continuing may be considered. Include any details that are relevant to establish you have a genuine relationship. Please do not send any electronic media items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes. This must be received at this office by: 2017/07/03.

Please also verify the exact date of when you, ****** began cohabiting in Canada with the Sponsor. This must be received at this office by: 2017/07/03

Here is what I've put together in an organized dropbox folder for review. I'd like to give more than required since the operator on the phone said "send everything you have":

• Our Nova Scotia Drivers Licenses
  • Cellphone Bill (with both our numbers on it)
  • Christmas cards with our names on it with personalized messages to us both
  • Text messages talking about bills/house related stuff/how much I love living with him here
  • Dental & Dog insurance w/both our names on it
  • Written love notes to and from each other (we kept it clean ;)
  • Facebook posts by me saying lovey dovey things about him (happy birthday, he's so handsome, etc)
  • Proof of home stuff (mattress, bedding, housewares) I ordered online and had sent to us at the home address

Reactions: sylvain1

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Here is what they requested:

Proof of Relationship: Document(s) proving your relationship with your inviter/family member Proof of Relationship: You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are cohabitating with your spouse/sponsor in Canada. Acceptable documentation includes but not limited to: evidence of joint bank, trust, credit union or charge card accounts; jointly signed residential lease, mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms. Other supporting documentation such as statutory declarations of individuals with personal knowledge that your relationship is genuine and continuing may be considered. Include any details that are relevant to establish you have a genuine relationship. Please do not send any electronic media items, such as CDs, DVDs, or VHS tapes. This must be received at this office by: 2017/07/03.

Please also verify the exact date of when you, ****** began cohabiting in Canada with the Sponsor. This must be received at this office by: 2017/07/03

Here is what I've put together in an organized dropbox folder for review. I'd like to give more than required since the operator on the phone said "send everything you have":

• Our Nova Scotia Drivers Licenses
  • Cellphone Bill (with both our numbers on it)
  • Christmas cards with our names on it with personalized messages to us both
  • Text messages talking about bills/house related stuff/how much I love living with him here
  • Dental & Dog insurance w/both our names on it
  • Written love notes to and from each other (we kept it clean ;)
  • Facebook posts by me saying lovey dovey things about him (happy birthday, he's so handsome, etc)
  • Proof of home stuff (mattress, bedding, housewares) I ordered online and had sent to us at the home address
Did you get a passport stamp last time you entered Canada? Also, remind me, you are common-law? married?

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
Hey guys,

What's a reasonable time frame to expect your rep to review documents in a timely manner? On June 3rd CIC requested more proof of relationship for me. Attorney didn't get the notice until the 14th (because I noticed via online tool a notice had been sent yet neither of us had received it), yet all paperwork is due back by July 3rd. I'm not in the mood to f*$k around with waiting til the last minute. He said Wednesday night he'd review on Thursday (yesterday). Its Friday and I haven't heard anything about his review of documentation.

If he doesn't get back to me today, I have his cell phone # and plan on harassing him this weekend!

Thoughts?
I'd call today before they get off work!!

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017

what is last three digit of UCI no, I want to believe this is not mine. :)

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Did you get a passport stamp last time you entered Canada? Also, remind me, you are common-law? married?
I did not get a passport stamp the last time I crossed over the border, but I do remember the exact date—May 27th 2015. Is that the date you would use for beginning co-habitation, since I didn't leave after that? We decided to get married when I came back. Wedding date was August 8, 2015. We had a big ceremony and party with about 100 people attending.

We included wedding photos/invitations/etc when we submitted the application.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
@profiler about bill c-6, that's funny to see that all along the process, Quebec french news followed the Bill C-6 (especially LaPresse and Radio-Canada) they even often published the news before anything appeared in English media, but now that it is finally accepted, I haven't seen any mention in French news.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler about bill c-6, that's funny to see that all along the process, Quebec french news followed the Bill C-6 (especially LaPresse and Radio-Canada) they even often published the news before anything appeared in English media, but now that it is finally accepted, I haven't seen any mention in French news.
BUT! Radio-Canada === CBC!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I did not get a passport stamp the last time I crossed over the border, but I do remember the exact date—May 27th 2015. Is that the date you would use for beginning co-habitation, since I didn't leave after that? We decided to get married when I came back. Wedding date was August 8, 2015. We had a big ceremony and party with about 100 people attending.

We included wedding photos/invitations/etc when we submitted the application.
Re: Cohabitation date. May 27 2015. Unless you had been living together for more than a year prior to that date.

Re Relationship: Married couples merely need to prove the marriage and it's legal, and that they reside in the same home. You do not need to show communication proof. You certainly can, of course. But if you prove you live at the same address, it's assumed you communicate.

The rest looks ok. Does he or you have family that know you both live happily ever after? If so, can they pen that?

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Re: Cohabitation date. May 27 2015. Unless you had been living together for more than a year prior to that date.

Re Relationship: Married couples merely need to prove the marriage and it's legal, and that they reside in the same home. You do not need to show communication proof. You certainly can, of course. But if you prove you live at the same address, it's assumed you communicate.

The rest looks ok. Does he or you have family that know you both live happily ever after? If so, can they pen that?
Yes! I'm laughing right now because I live with my in-laws during the summer months (they travel up from Florida for the whole summer....June to end of September)....and they can testify to the affect that we do live together in matrimonial fashion.

Never thought I'd be so grateful to spend so much time with my inlaws! LOLOLOL :D