+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hello everyone!

Random question... Can someone that has had their landing interview in the Calgary area please tell me where your interview was? Was it in the city somewhere?

Thanks in advance :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
In my last GCMS notes received on 2nd March 2017:

Sponsor Eligibility: Not Started

Medial: Passed (August 6, 2016)

Criminality: In Progress (started October 12, 2016)
Type: RCMP Screening

Information Sharing
Type: Biographic
Partner: USA

Security: Not Started
That's what I said....
So, Interpol is slow. The two things required for landing are a valid Security check and Medical (after admissibility has been established). Because the Security check is done totally outside of the IRCC/CIC organization, it will go from Not Started to Passed pretty fast (once the details are received).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
AHHH! You're so right! I just called and they said all I need is my current license and a piece of mail with address. I'M GOING TOMORROW!
What can I say.... Could you say that again, once more? I got a *tingle*

It drives the missus crazy when I say that....

Ontario will issue with Passport + two pieces showing your address.

Once you have that DL, that + his == golden.

Reactions: kokopelli

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Some foreign nationals do work for foreign governments intent on spying or disrupting. They spend much time and are good in tradecraft hiding Thier true identities. I can share a story where a whole family of Russian spies had set up shop for decades...

That said, it's easy to say 3-6 mos. We agree that is an acceptable time.

With world migration patterns, and the fact that CSIS rely heavily on international partners to help, lower priority cases (not to say that they really are..but the feds do have a driver to bring in more skilled workers) end up suffering WRT time.

I'll beg and see what the missus says

EDIT: https://www.google.ca/amp/news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/their-parents-were-russian-spies-so-they-cannot-be-canadian/amp

Finished reading interesting

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi all!

Yesterday I found out that CIC requires more proof of our relationship—specifically regarding cohabitation. Has anyone else had documents requested with specificity to this? We do not have joint bank accounts or a mortgage/lease together since we live in the family house his grandfather built. I'm not sure this is overkill, but here's what I'm gathering to prove that both he and I live at the same address:

• Dental insurance plan (has both our names on it)
  • Pet insurance plan (lol has both our names and dogs' names on it)
  • Cell phone bill (its in my name but his phone number on record is a part of the plan)
  • Property tax bill for my husband's biz location (bills to our home address)
  • Property tax bill for land I own next door to our house (bills to our home address)
  • Orders from amazon.com and other online retailers of home stuff I ordered and had shipped to our home address
  • Affadavit/letter from his mom and dad who live with us during the summer months at the family house attesting to the genuine nature of our relationship and cohabitation.
  • Christmas cards sent to him and I with both of our names on it, personal affections, and date (last christmas 2016)
  • Photo copy of his drivers license with current home address
Kokopelli, how did you find this out?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone!

Random question... Can someone that has had their landing interview in the Calgary area please tell me where your interview was? Was it in the city somewhere?

Thanks in advance :)
From the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp :

Alberta
Calgary
Harry Hays Building
220 4th Avenue, SE, Room 210
Calgary, AB
T2G 4X3

Services
Refugee claims can be made between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.

All other services are available by appointment only.

Reactions: Sam8119 and Emily89

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Establish the Sponsor's address with Canadian ID. Once they have that, then you can show everything (anything) that the Principle Applicant has had mailed to them as proof. Property Tax bills won't matter unless they state both of you. ID is great (if you both have DL's, for example).
If they ask I will send our driver licence copies too.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If they ask I will send our driver licence copies too.
CIC didn't care about me too much.... but accepted my ON DL as ID without question.

Reactions: kokopelli

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
From the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp :

Alberta
Calgary
Harry Hays Building
220 4th Avenue, SE, Room 210
Calgary, AB
T2G 4X3

Services
Refugee claims can be made between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.

All other services are available by appointment only.
Ahhh Thanks so much!!! Glad i dont have to travel elsewhere for it :)
I have another 5 months of waiting still always had this question at the back of my mind :)

Thanks again!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
CIC didn't care about me too much.... but accepted my ON DL as ID without question.
LOL same with me they took my passport plus cra mail

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
OMG I HATE LYING REPS..

If the applicant (the PA, the person seeking a PR) has a DM that is positive, then it's pretty safe to assume the Sponsor has a positive decision -- irrespective of the sponsor receiving that letter. Simple fact is, if you applied to be SPONSORED for a Canadian PR, then you require an approved SPONSOR. Right? The approval of the SPONSORSHIP, therefore can be safely assumed.

Your rep lied to you.
Reps.....They are so clueless.

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ahhh Thanks so much!!! Glad i dont have to travel elsewhere for it :)
I have another 5 months of waiting still always had this question at the back of my mind :)

Thanks again!
You bet.

It has happened that they did move some appointments to another office (from Calgary to Edmonton, and from Calgary to Vancity), but it isn't often. I think that backlog was cleared.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: sylvain1

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
What can I say.... Could you say that again, once more? I got a *tingle*

It drives the missus crazy when I say that....

Ontario will issue with Passport + two pieces showing your address.

Once you have that DL, that + his == golden.

LMAO.. you are too funny.

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
Yeah that's possible. They probably dispatched the request to start them, but it likely didn't happen until a little later. s.## is the ATIP officer telling you they have redacted parts of the notes due to (s)ection ##.

So, section 21 (s.21) reads:
"
Operations of Government
Advice, etc.
  • 21 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
    • (a) advice or recommendations developed by or for a government institution or a minister of the Crown,

• (b) an account of consultations or deliberations in which directors, officers or employees of a government institution, a minister of the Crown or the staff of a minister participate,

• (c) positions or plans developed for the purpose of negotiations carried on or to be carried on by or on behalf of the Government of Canada and considerations relating thereto, or

• (d) plans relating to the management of personnel or the administration of a government institution that have not yet been put into operation,
    if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request.
"

So, that will be then they have redacted the results. s.15 reads:
"
International affairs and defence
  • 15 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada or the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
    • (a) relating to military tactics or strategy, or relating to military exercises or operations undertaken in preparation for hostilities or in connection with the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;

• (b) relating to the quantity, characteristics, capabilities or deployment of weapons or other defence equipment or of anything being designed, developed, produced or considered for use as weapons or other defence equipment;

• (c) relating to the characteristics, capabilities, performance, potential, deployment, functions or role of any defence establishment, of any military force, unit or personnel or of any organization or person responsible for the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;

• (d) obtained or prepared for the purpose of intelligence relating to
      • (i) the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, or

• (ii) the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;
    • (e) obtained or prepared for the purpose of intelligence respecting foreign states, international organizations of states or citizens of foreign states used by the Government of Canada in the process of deliberation and consultation or in the conduct of international affairs;

• (f) on methods of, and scientific or technical equipment for, collecting, assessing or handling information referred to in paragraph (d) or (e) or on sources of such information;

• (g) on the positions adopted or to be adopted by the Government of Canada, governments of foreign states or international organizations of states for the purpose of present or future international negotiations;

• (h) that constitutes diplomatic correspondence exchanged with foreign states or international organizations of states or official correspondence exchanged with Canadian diplomatic missions or consular posts abroad; or

• (i) relating to the communications or cryptographic systems of Canada or foreign states used
      • (i) for the conduct of international affairs,

• (ii) for the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, or

• (iii) in relation to the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities.
"

So, s.15 will be them hiding who they are talking to, to complete the Security check. And any correspondence they have had regarding it.
Here is ATIA: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/
Wow, this is awesome to know. Thanks profiler!! So knowledgeable! :cool:

In my last GCMS notes received on 2nd March 2017:

Sponsor Eligibility: Not Started

Medial: Passed (August 6, 2016)

Criminality: In Progress (started October 12, 2016)
Type: RCMP Screening

Information Sharing
Type: Biographic
Partner: USA

Security: Not Started
Our criminality check was started on Oct 22 2016 (status changed from "not started" to "in progress") and changed to "passed" on Mar 7 2017. So Yours should be done by now I would think - your notes were probably generated in Feb I'm guessing?