AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
This is a pretty common question. There are many reporting not getting notices for SA, AIP, or even DM. We didn't see a DM until 2 days before my wife landed. So, my point is: they can be delayed in sending them, or they can be sent to the wrong email address, etc.

One thing you can do, is log into ECAS as your sponsor and check under the "Decision Made" link. If it says they sent you correspondence regarding the decision, then they did actually send it. If it's not there, they have yet to sent that letter to your sponsor.

To answer your follow up question: SA - Sponsorship Approval. This would be correct, and is one of two approvals for inland applications during the first stage. The next is Approval in Principle (AIP).

AIP means you have met the criteria for being a member of the "Family Class" (usually this is where they will ask for more proofs, or the traditional Relationship Interview, before deciding). Once those are completed, your file will move onto the second stage. This is where your Medical, Security, and Criminality checks come into play. Providing the officer(s) are happy with the evidence in the first stage, and have passes for all three additional components, they issue a DM.

They have been requesting QA interviews as of late. They randomly select files to have a quick interview with, for CIC to get the "warm and fuzzies" about the approval(s) issued for the file. They added this because they are trying to process a lot more files then they typically do in the older process.

This forum is wonderful for information, thank you all so much.

I do have a question regarding the SA...you say to log into the ECAS as your sponsor...should he have been provided with some info as to what to use to log in? He has received nothing from them. I have my way to login as provided with my AOR, (ie: application number) is there a way to use that?

Since my AOR, the only info I have been sent was the medical exam request, thats done and passed.
I believe I am now in the glitch with it saying I need additional documents, yet there is no message below stating what I need.
I have been calling but cant even get in line, just closes the call. Im gonna keep trying, lol

Thank you all, reading that others are going through the same thing has helped calm my nerves.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
that was our case also. Don't worry about the status on "mycic", it is not always updated. My wife's status for eligibility and for background was in process until she landed (several weeks after SA, AIP, and DM). We got medical request in December 2016, but SA, AIP and DM only in March 2017.
The fact they asked for your medical is a good sign, it means they started to work on your file.
Just so you know, I smiled! thank you LOL. Fingers crossed!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived

I do have a question regarding the SA...you say to log into the ECAS as your sponsor...should he have been provided with some info as to what to use to log in? He has received nothing from them. I have my way to login as provided with my AOR, (ie: application number) is there a way to use that?

Since my AOR, the only info I have been sent was the medical exam request, thats done and passed.
I believe I am now in the glitch with it saying I need additional documents, yet there is no message below stating what I need.
I have been calling but cant even get in line, just closes the call. Im gonna keep trying, lol

Thank you all, reading that others are going through the same thing has helped calm my nerves.
That's definitely a glitch. However, let the sponsor try using the same application number but their personal info. should work. (In ecas that is)

Reactions: dskeard

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Interesting format but why do you think they asked for my medical first? I haven't received SA nor AIP. It also says they're reviewing my background check now.. a few days after the medical request. (Not passed as yet)
They have to give you 30 days to complete it, and there is an inherent buffer for "late" submissions, in case you cannot get an appointment within the 30 days. The medicals are also valid for 1 year, and the PA must have a valid medical + security check for them to land.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I believe it's based off of your location. As some even pay the fee upfront on the application. The interviews are coming faster where it's less busy which makes completely sense. Toronto/ Etobicoke, Montreal are the busiest apparently.
Based off postal code solely. Vancouver is also pretty busy.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

If you don't have the UCI for the sponsor, you still can log in using the application number. Then use the family name, date of birth, and place of birth of the sponsor.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

What @sylvain1 said...

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
That's definitely a glitch. However, let the sponsor try using the same application number but their personal info. should work. (In ecas that is)
thank you :)
I just tried it, this is what I got:
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor ******** on May 9, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 3, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on June 2, 2016.
so that means no decision yet for the SA, correct? btw, we never got any correspondence as they stated

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor on May 9, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 3, 2016.
so that means no decision yet for the SA, correct? btw, we never got any correspondence as they stated
They're referring to the AOR.. or the letter mailed to you saying they've received your application.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor DSKEARD on May 9, 2016.
Might want to edit your name out....

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
They're referring to the AOR.. or the letter mailed to you saying they've received your application.
thank you so much for responding, maybe Ill sleep better tonight, lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
They have to give you 30 days to complete it, and there is an inherent buffer for "late" submissions, in case you cannot get an appointment within the 30 days. The medicals are also valid for 1 year, and the PA must have a valid medical + security check for them to land.
I see! This could take ages. Seeing as I had to resend documents using the web form but yet the web form has a serious backlog.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I see! This could take ages. Seeing as I had to resend documents using the web form but yet the web form has a serious backlog.
Have a little faith... It is possible, if they are waiting for files for a specific application, that they be notified when it's been uploaded.