+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Feb 14, 2017
Hi guys, for those who are curious about the processes of the London cic office
My husband and I arrived for our appointment. The room was semi dark with only one processing officer. Your name is called you go up to the window with everyone in the room hearing your answers. You are asked a few questions 1. Have you ever been charged of any crimes 2. Have you ever been asked to leave Canada. 3. Do you have dependents that have not been listed on the application. 4. To my husband they asked if he was still in a happy committed relationship. Afterwards the agent chit chatted with us about our jobs and how we met. Asked for our proof of income for each of us (paystubs) then photo ID for the both of us, pictures for PR card, passport. Stamped the passport to say I was landed and then gave me a few pieces of paper to sign which were called the "confirmation of permanent residence". After that he asked if we had any questions, wished us good luck on the marriage and said congratulations you are now a permanent resident of Canada. He also explained how to update sin, apply for health card, not to do any commercial traveling until the PR card came, how residency is maintained. He also explained that if my husband travels with me outside of the country... No days of being absent are counted. Overall it took about 30 mins from waiting to leaving. The Place was next to deserted with one agent and about 3 applicants and their sponsor for the time we were there....

The end

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
My husband and I arrived for our appointment. The room was semi dark with only one processing officer. Your name is called you go up to the window with everyone in the room hearing your answers. You are asked a few questions 1. Have you ever been charged of any crimes 2. Have you ever been asked to leave Canada. 3. Do you have dependents that have not been listed on the application. 4. To my husband they asked if he was still in a happy committed relationship. Afterwards the agent chit chatted with us about our jobs and how we met. Asked for our proof of income for each of us (paystubs) then photo ID for the both of us, pictures for PR card, passport. Stamped the passport to say I was landed and then gave me a few pieces of paper to sign which were called the "confirmation of permanent residence". After that he asked if we had any questions, wished us good luck on the marriage and said congratulations you are now a permanent resident of Canada. He also explained how to update sin, apply for health card, not to do any commercial traveling until the PR card came, how residency is maintained. He also explained that if my husband travels with me outside of the country... No days of being absent are counted. Overall it took about 30 mins from waiting to leaving. The Place was next to deserted with one agent and about 3 applicants and their sponsor for the time we were there....

The end
Congratulations, on your PR, seems like they asked you for income proof, did they tell you ahead of time to bring those? What docs did you carry apart from Passport, all letters from CIC and any permits?

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

The end
They didn't even ask or care who I was (sponsor) at Kitchener. When I offered my license, they mixed my name up and handed it back...

Reactions: carolbb23
Feb 14, 2017
Congratulations, on your PR, seems like they asked you for income proof, did they tell you ahead of time to bring those? What docs did you carry apart from Passport, all letters from CIC and any permits?
Thanks. Yes, they did ask for those in advance. My paycheck and so those of sponsor. They also required a photo ID from him. My guess is that they were perhaps checking to make sure we lived at the same place

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Finally, I got my medical request today! I'm April 21. 2016 applicant. It was so tiring to look ECAS and MyCic few times per day. And today, when I wasnt looking, I finally got it! I'm reading to all your posts everyday while I'm drinking my coffee and finally I have something to report lol.
Sweet! Congrats!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Yes, I agree with u, first medical and then AIP. But I still got so excited, cant even work lol. Already booked Dr appointment and blood test for tmw! My friend apply on April 11 2016, she got medical request 2 weeks ago, and 5 days after AIP....So hopefully I'll got it very soon :)
Where did you get a medical examiner to have you so soon? I feel like Toronto is so busy it could take me 2 weeks to make an appointment when the time comes lol.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Well, I would take the extra few days now, instead of $1040 and another year later. $0.05.

Financial support is only a small part... the BIGGEST part is whether she would go home or not on a failed application.
Thank you for reply. Let's see how it goes. As she has a job so ties can be proved; however, still it depends on visa officer. I am wondering why they care too much of PR's wife return to home when PR can support his wife financially. Also, there is an inland application for spouse, so they should let people use this option as long as they do not expect social security support from Canada. I feel bit strange.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived

The end
Good for you! Congrats! And thanks for sharing

Reactions: scorpiosarevirgos

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for reply. Let's see how it goes. As she has a job so ties can be proved; however, still it depends on visa officer. I am wondering why they care too much of PR's wife return to home when PR can support his wife financially. Also, there is an inland application for spouse, so they should let people use this option as long as they do not expect social security support from Canada. I feel bit strange.
Think like CIC here...

They care less if you support her..if you're married, she can sue that out of you.

They care that she'd return if her application is refused. So, ties home and travel history / proof of past compliance (going home after visits to other countries) will be paramount.

Reactions: Missionquebec

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Thanks. Yes, they did ask for those in advance. My paycheck and so those of sponsor. They also required a photo ID from him. My guess is that they were perhaps checking to make sure we lived at the same place
yes

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16

The end
Is that office on Exeter?