IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey guys, just got my gcsm notes and under the address column, the wrote; "Address type: Entered in error". What does that mean? Does anybody have a similar thing written in theirs? Does it mean my trv was erroneously granted?
It also stated that it was part of my re ords that was released and that the section applicable is Section 15. Please, does anybody have an idea what that means? Certain portions of the gcsm notes werent filled out. Lastly, it says that there is gap in my address history in Schedule A. Schedule A was also quoted as uploaded. My additional family form was also cited but without any other comment. My sponsors column for address was written "residence". Can anybody throw some light please.
Hard for me to say -- I would really need to see the notes to comment precisely. However:
- Entered In Error: They searched my details, and found an error. I too, have an "entered in error" -- and I have lived in Ontario my whole life! This is an innocuous message. They are just justifying the change to the record.

- Section 15 -- was this an Access to Information or Privacy Act request? If it was ATIA, then it makes sense, if you had some kind of military service record, or something similar. If it's a PA, then Section 15 only talks about making a request (Extension of limits).

- Gap in address -- that's bad. That + your family history forms the basis of your immigration file. Seeing them together isn't a problem -- but noting the issue, they may demand both again.

That's the best I can do without seeing it.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hi everyone, I received a letter asking for more relationship evidence. Has anyone else received this if so is this information meant to be uploaded or sent I only got a link where to upload the documents. I applied March 23 2016 and this is the only reply I have received since. I am so worried about being refused I have seen others being replied within a month of sending this.
Profiler is right, but I sent like 2 pounds of proof with fedex they got April 3 2017 April 20 CSE centre email rep that they gave it to officer April 21 2017 my husband got AIP and landing interview date and April 28 2017 my husband had his landing interview at CIC Etobicoke

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi i just got gcms notes and surprisingly nothing is started yet but only crminality which has been started since september 2016( i applied in June 30 2016) . They didnt mention any police certificates which i submitted at the beginning , should i request a new one? I got batch email request for PCC in april 2017 , im really worry thanks so much

One more thing is that at the end of the note , they mentioned about my application is part of reduction exercise for 2016

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi i just got gcms notes and surprisingly nothing is started yet but only crminality which has been started since september 2016( i applied in June 30 2016) . They didnt mention any police certificates which i submitted at the beginning , should i request a new one? I got batch email request for PCC in april 2017 , im really worry thanks so much

One more thing is that at the end of the note , they mentioned about my application is part of reduction exercise for 2016
Every application is/was part of the exercise. You could try calling the call centre to ask if there is any documents they require from you. They should be able to tell you.

As to the batch email request -- also not surprised. We were dupped August 10 2016 into thinking we needed a new PCC. We didn't need it at all.

I am not at all surprised by what you're reporting. At this point, cases are being decided based on an hour or two of review. So, if somehow you are really fast/lucky, you might catch it when they are actually working on it.

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question about spousal sponsorship and social assistance. I know you can't be on social assistance if you are sponsoring your spouse, but what exactly counts as 'social assistance'? I know it's welfare but what programs fall under that category? Ei? Canada child benefit? I know these programs are a right to all canadians so I didn't think they would be considered welfare.

Thoughts?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question about spousal sponsorship and social assistance. I know you can't be on social assistance if you are sponsoring your spouse, but what exactly counts as 'social assistance'? I know it's welfare but what programs fall under that category? Ei? Canada child benefit? I know these programs are a right to all canadians so I didn't think they would be considered welfare.

Thoughts?
CCB is a tax "benefit", not assistance.

EI is government insurance for employment. Also, not assistance.

From the interpretations of IRPA: Site: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/FullText.html :
social assistance means any benefit in the form of money, goods or services provided to or on behalf of a person by a province under a program of social assistance, including a program of social assistance designated by a province to provide for basic requirements including food, shelter, clothing, fuel, utilities, household supplies, personal requirements and health care not provided by public health care, including dental care and eye care. (assistance sociale)

EDIT: NOTE: It does not include Disability either. So, literally, only the provincial "welfare" program is what applies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Americanwife94

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
CCB is a tax "benefit", not assistance.

EI is government insurance for employment. Also, not assistance.

From the interpretations of IRPA: Site: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/FullText.html :
social assistance means any benefit in the form of money, goods or services provided to or on behalf of a person by a province under a program of social assistance, including a program of social assistance designated by a province to provide for basic requirements including food, shelter, clothing, fuel, utilities, household supplies, personal requirements and health care not provided by public health care, including dental care and eye care. (assistance sociale)

Thank you so much Profiler! You are a wealth of knowledge and I always appreciate your answers so much. They always make me feel SO much better. We just found out we are expecting (So exciting!) so I didn't want anything we applied for to be delayed or messed up!

Thanks again and have a great May Long! :)

EDIT: So any program in the province that has the word Benefit in it isn't considered welfare, just the province 'works' program?

Last edited:

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Hard for me to say -- I would really need to see the notes to comment precisely. However:
- Entered In Error: They searched my details, and found an error. I too, have an "entered in error" -- and I have lived in Ontario my whole life! This is an innocuous message. They are just justifying the change to the record.

- Section 15 -- was this an Access to Information or Privacy Act request? If it was ATIA, then it makes sense, if you had some kind of military service record, or something similar. If it's a PA, then Section 15 only talks about making a request (Extension of limits).

- Gap in address -- that's bad. That + your family history forms the basis of your immigration file. Seeing them together isn't a problem -- but noting the issue, they may demand both again.

That's the best I can do without seeing it.

Thanks profiler for your prompt response as usual and your selfless service to all 2016 Applicants'. I am grateful.

To your response, I do not have any form of military service background whatsoever. Yes, the gcsm notes was applied for under the ATIP. Please, find below an excerpt of the letter relevant to my enquiry to you;

"The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:
Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part
Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities

I am at a total loss as to why my records will be disclosed in part as I do not have any criminal record or charge against me anywhere in the world and neither have I ever been involved in subversive or hostile activities. It is incomprehensible that my records will be witheld partly on that ground.

With regards to Schedule A, the note against it is that there is "missing address history from ???? to ????.

I have checked my Schedule A form and cant find any gap for the time frame they referred to.

The slight variance in my situation and yours with regards the gcsm comment on my address ie "Type: Entered in Error", is that I am the applicant while you were the sponsor in your own case and that is what gives me a lot of cause to worry.

Thanks Profiler in advance for your response.

Does any applicant in the house have any similar comments or part disclosure in their gcsm notes?

like0417

May 19, 2017
Hello,

I sent our application on April 20, 2016 and my wife receive CSQ (Quebec) on July 10, 2016 and OWP on 12 August 2016. After that we have no answers from CIC. We changed our address on January 2017 and even thought I have done the changement of address request on line, but the system CIC shows always our old address. Could you please tell me what can I do now? Just for waiting...? You'll find below all messages sent by CIC.

Thanks a lot.
Regards.
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXX on April 20, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 25, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on May 24, 2016.

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Little off topic but since profiler seems to know everything in the universe (except for what STC means) :D do you know anything about US immigration? looking for info for a friend (I can't comprehend why she would be willing to go to the states :confused:)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you so much Profiler! You are a wealth of knowledge and I always appreciate your answers so much. They always make me feel SO much better. We just found out we are expecting (So exciting!) so I didn't want anything we applied for to be delayed or messed up!

Thanks again and have a great May Long! :)

EDIT: So any program in the province that has the word Benefit in it isn't considered welfare, just the province 'works' program?
Hey congrats! Babies are always so much fun, but soo much stress!

If the province in question has a welfare called "Works" eg: Ontario Works... Then that's a welfare plan. Try googling your province and social assistance..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello,

I sent our application on April 20, 2016 and my wife receive CSQ (Quebec) on July 10, 2016 and OWP on 12 August 2016. After that we have no answers from CIC. We changed our address on January 2017 and even thought I have done the changement of address request on line, but the system CIC shows always our old address. Could you please tell me what can I do now? Just for waiting...? You'll find below all messages sent by CIC.

Thanks a lot.
Regards.
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXX on April 20, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 25, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on May 24, 2016.
In ECAS / myCIC you can update it... Or update it via call centre. No updates lately from that timeline. So no issues yet!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Little off topic but since profiler seems to know everything in the universe (except for what STC means) :D do you know anything about US immigration? looking for info for a friend (I can't comprehend why she would be willing to go to the states :confused:)
That's a scary preposition...

Profiler == Jon Snow. Ask his wife!

Not much about US... I refuse to immigrate there. I'd prefer to be broke then head there... Nice people, but socialized medicine FTW.

What's the question?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks profiler for your prompt response as usual and your selfless service to all 2016 Applicants'. I am grateful.

To your response, I do not have any form of military service background whatsoever. Yes, the gcsm notes was applied for under the ATIP. Please, find below an excerpt of the letter relevant to my enquiry to you;

"The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:
Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part
Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities

I am at a total loss as to why my records will be disclosed in part as I do not have any criminal record or charge against me anywhere in the world and neither have I ever been involved in subversive or hostile activities. It is incomprehensible that my records will be witheld partly on that ground.

With regards to Schedule A, the note against it is that there is "missing address history from ???? to ????.

I have checked my Schedule A form and cant find any gap for the time frame they referred to.

The slight variance in my situation and yours with regards the gcsm comment on my address ie "Type: Entered in Error", is that I am the applicant while you were the sponsor in your own case and that is what gives me a lot of cause to worry.

Thanks Profiler in advance for your response.

Does any applicant in the house have any similar comments or part disclosure in their gcsm notes?
Section 15 will probably indicate they are working on BG or Security Checks as of now then. As they will redact that bit in order to protect the identity of the chosen sources.

Entered in error is likely not an issue at all. I have seen GCMS notes from a case where the receipt was entered wrong. Also entered in error appeared...

For the dates, just wait to see if they ask for another Schedule A...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications