+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Lol, don't forget to wake yourself up in the morning, otherwise your papers will land, you won't lol :)

Two more sleeps until landing.
Complied documents to take along per the letter. hopefully I did not forget something important.

1. 2 photos
2. Current passport ( and expired one)
3. receipt paying $1040
4. Both work permits
The landing invite
5. Me

Im going to take my passport as well

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Complied documents to take along per the letter. hopefully I did not forget something important.

1. 2 photos
3. receipt paying $1040
4. Both work permits
The landing invite
5. Me

same here, except it's 9 sleeps... and for the last one, we booked a hotel in Montreal (we were afraid to get stack in the traffic).
Regarding the document, my wife did not have a work permit, and they did not require her study permit... but we will definitely bring.
For us, they require the CSQ (Certificat de Sélection du Québec).

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Really..!! That is harsh on their part, did they mention why the could not decide at the time of interview? Also if I may ask, at the time of first AIP, was the marriage less than 2 years old?

Thanks
Sam

We're special.

We got AIP twice, two months apart. The first AIP, one month before the spousal interview, the second AIP, 30 minutes after the interview. The content of the letters sightly differ. The interview itself was simple: went through the list of documents we were asked to bring in, and then separating us for 5 minutes to ask what are typical landing questions (i.e. prior criminal record, date of last entry, kids, etc) to confirm accuracy. We did not land though. There were no personal questions asked. At the end, we were told to wait 1-2 months for letter regarding the decision of the interview.

Not sure what to make of all this, just more waiting, I suppose.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Lol, don't forget to wake yourself up in the morning, otherwise your papers will land, you won't lol :)
LOL!

I plan on leaving my work alarm on that morning for the regular 7am wake up call....I actually had a nightmare about oversleeping

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
same here, except it's 9 sleeps... and for the last one, we booked a hotel in Montreal (we were afraid to get stack in the traffic).
Regarding the document, my wife did not have a work permit, and they did not require her study permit... but we will definitely bring.
For us, they require the CSQ (Certificat de Sélection du Québec).
When i first applied, i thought i had to land in Mississauga ( i don't know why i thought that was the only office)
My plan was to get a hotel for us that night too, make a day of it kind of

The Kitchener letter did say to bring any documents issued by CIC..so all we have are the initial WP and the extension of that permit we go in the mail a day ago. Pretty basic stuff if you ask me...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Letting a sistah know:
Bring:
- Photos
- His PP
- Your DL
- Receipt
- Tissues/Tequila/Fully charged cell phone for pics

Totally it. You need nothing more. The rest, they ignored. They take passport, come back with a CORP + Passport. They toss the pic(s) on it (the PR Card copy), and hold onto the second. He validates infos. He affirms he is "Not a crook" (See: Richie_Trump). Sign, Done. Move on..

Best of luck Girl!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

1. 2 photos
3. receipt paying $1040
4. Both work permits
The landing invite
5. Me

If you think i'm missing something...let a sista know! :rolleyes:
DL with address
Hubby DL to

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
Really..!! That is harsh on their part, did they mention why the could not decide at the time of interview? Also if I may ask, at the time of first AIP, was the marriage less than 2 years old?

Thanks
Sam
We didn't ask why they couldn't make decision, just assumed it was standard procedure. Yeah, it's less than 2 years old..Maybe reason for the interview.. either way, they're being thorough which is good. Just annoying having to wait some more.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
DL with address
Hubby DL to
There is only a couple guys working at Kitchener. They only ask for passport... I had to offer my ID, as they were not even going to check!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
There is only a couple guys working at Kitchener. They only ask for passport... I had to offer my ID, as they were not even going to check!
They onLyn want info of the people that is landing in cic Etobicoke it's a huge office so they wanted my passport and address same withing hubby id

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
I see, even mine is less than 2 years (September 2015), no words from them for June 01, applicant. Patiently waiting..!!

We didn't ask why they couldn't make decision, just assumed it was standard procedure. Yeah, it's less than 2 years old..Maybe reason for the interview.. either way, they're being thorough which is good. Just annoying having to wait some more.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
On that note, GuyanaGirl might wanna celebrate with tequila right at the counter, might do a joint cheers with CIC as well #justkidding #Braingoesnutsafter2mileswim :D

Letting a sistah know:
Bring:
- Photos
- His PP
- Your DL
- Receipt
- Tissues/Tequila/Fully charged cell phone for pics

Totally it. You need nothing more. The rest, they ignored. They take passport, come back with a CORP + Passport. They toss the pic(s) on it (the PR Card copy), and hold onto the second. He validates infos. He affirms he is "Not a crook" (See: Richie_Trump). Sign, Done. Move on..

Best of luck Girl!

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
On that note, GuyanaGirl might wanna celebrate with tequila right at the counter, might do a joint cheers with CIC as well #justkidding #Braingoesnutsafter2mileswim :D
+1!