+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

VSmint

May 11, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum.
I have applied inland to sponsor my husband last year. We submitted medical upfront. Location-Toronto,ON

On the check status website it says under sponsorship application:
  1. We received your application to sponsor ****** on April 6, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on May 5, 2016.
And under permanent resident application:
  1. We received **** application for permanent residence on April 6, 2016.
  2. Medical results have been received
There have been no changes since last year in cic.
Is it time to start calling them asking for update or is it a normal timeline.
Thanks.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
What I am trying to say is that this is not fair to the people who are trying to bring their family members through legal corridor.
For example, sponsoring parents take forever.
It makes sense, unfortunately. PGP incurs the highest cost to Canada. FC sponsorships generally are neutral, as most are younger, so they help offset the healthcare cost of the older applicants.

Economic classes are the ones they prioritize, because they are expected to net more than Canada has to spend to keep them..

Sad facts.. but reality is, Canada only has 35m ppl. Either we jack taxes, or We live with the system how it is...

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hi Profiler,

We applied on May 10th last year and received medical request on 4th May.We did the medical on 6th May itself, but since then, have not heard anything from them.Its really getting depressing now :-(.Its been almost 3 years since we have been to our home country.We are desperately waiting for the PR now.We called CIC , they are telling that Medical doesn't mean that the application is at the end stage and it can still take up to 26 months!.

We have a family friend who is a Canada Border Security officer at Vancouver airport only, we asked him if it would be safe if we go to India , he told us that its completely fine unless you have your valid visa and that they don't stop anyone from entering back in Canada in that case.We were planning to go to our home country in middle of August but still I am having second thoughts.Can you please advise!.

Thanks,

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum.
I have applied inland to sponsor my husband last year. We submitted medical upfront.
On the check status website it says about sponsorship application: "started to process on May 5,2016" while under permanent resident application says: "started processing on April 6, 2016" and also "medical results received".
There was no update since those messages became visible on CIC last year.
Do you guys think I shall call them or it is normal timeline?
You could ask our resident expert and dibili, Volkov... Seems he knows all the answers...

Or my suggestion is to wait it out, as we know they are working in the first week of April 2016 right now...

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
guess they didn't delete my account as requested, came back on today to check and for some reason I could sign on

I see profiler is still full of himself to his somewhat captive audience, I really don't miss that at all

sayonara
I wish you a lot of happiness and I hope you get good news soon. Some have reported having their account reactivated after the forum update.

I don't understand the need to complain about another forumer...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Profiler,

We applied on May 10th last year and received medical request on 4th May.We did the medical on 6th May itself, but since then, have not heard anything from them.Its really getting depressing now :-(.Its been almost 3 years since we have been to our home country.We are desperately waiting for the PR now.We called CIC , they are telling that Medical doesn't mean that the application is at the end stage and it can still take up to 26 months!.

We have a family friend who is a Canada Border Security officer at Vancouver airport only, we asked him if it would be safe if we go to India , he told us that its completely fine unless you have your valid visa and that they don't stop anyone from entering back in Canada in that case.We were planning to go to our home country in middle of August but still I am having second thoughts.Can you please advise!.

Thanks,
They're in April 2016 now. That said, Canada isn't a prison. You can leave. Just make sure you understand Dual Intent (Google CIC dual intent), and be sure to travel with your proofs. Make sure that the trip isn't long. There is no proof to say how long, but seems like a month is too long.

If the Sponsor is a PR, they cannot leave Canada.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi Profiler,

Thanks,
I know cic keeps mentioning the 26 months...but it is very unlikely you'll even get close to that timeline. Right now, they are processing most people in 13-14 months. Expect to get news by mid-June or early July. And several people go from no news to suddenly SA and AIP within hours and DM shortly after. Hang on, your turn is coming!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hi Profiler,

Thanks,

Go with your gut and maybe June you get good news

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Yes, absolutely, that is why I am not sending anything although it has almost been 12 month now, until they ask for anything. If they ask for one of the Police verifications again though, I gotta order that and apparently it takes 2 weeks.

It's true. It could slow them up. But, we did do it, and even a few days before they evaluated us, they acknowledged it was attached to our file.. so we got in just under the wire... For us, is was the medical, but for others, it may do more harm...

If you don't think you have enough to prove on it's merits, then I may risk it. Depends when you submitted, what the value of the new stuff is, and when you're going to send it to them...

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Yup, can tell for sure, pretty clear from your approach. Lol, and I have been watching comedy central which obviously had lot more hashtags on this issue (I mean the firing). The trade dispute can turn ugly if it goes any further than this I suspect. BTW I wouldn't worry about DC cousin, will be perfectly fine as of now :) #safeplay

Can you tell I have very little respect? Did I make that obvious? I worry that my dual citizen cousin may have to run back home... Running from #Trumpocalypse (legit hashtag).

Edit: for those who watch the news, and heard and saw the bad sh!t he came out with regarding Canada US trade being unfair (#bullscruff), and the ruskies being involved, seems to me like we've seen this movie before.... Except Alan Alda and John Candy are way funnier #CanadianBacon #MichaelMooreFTW.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yup, can tell for sure, pretty clear from your approach. Lol, and I have been watching comedy central which obviously had lot more hashtags on this issue (I mean the firing). The trade dispute can turn ugly if it goes any further than this I suspect. BTW I wouldn't worry about DC cousin, will be perfectly fine as of now :) #safeplay
They're in NF NY... 6min walk from the Rainbow Bridge... They can GTFO dodge in short order..