+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Momo0630

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
We went 9 months with our upfront (submitted with application) until they approved it. Then 2 days for the second (once submitted). If you completed a previous medical, and you have submitted the eMedical print out that the panel physician should have given you, then I would just not worry about it. If you can't stop worrying, contact an MP, as the people at the call centre won't be able to help with this...
Thanks profiler,I wish I could stop worrying......Congrats on your landing

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ok perfect, thank you so much. Just don't want to give cic any reason to prolong the application lol luckily my passport has just been renewed for 10 years so I'm covered now :D congratulations on your application btw, must be an amazing, stress relieving feeling
Thanks. For my wife (the PA) it's a muted ordeal. She and I didn't really talk about it. She was more worried that I wouldn't have something to do after it was done, than about the process or approval. There was only a brief slice of time from about 8am to about 8:50am on May 5th, when we were walking into Immigration, and sitting waiting (after they took her passport -- in Russia, you have to pay a bribe to get it back). That's where she was stressed out and didn't want to talk....

When I went with her to claim her COPR, they weren't even going to check my ID. I had my passport and my DL out, ready. I had to hand it to him and ask if he was wanting to check it! "Oh, you're the sponsor?" Then when he took my DL (not my passport!), he said my names in reverse order (last name first -- a common mistake -- we both laughed about it). Moral of that story: It really won't matter, so long as they have some form of ID...

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks profiler,I wish I could stop worrying......Congrats on your landing
Contact your local MP: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members

Look for the "Find MP" button at the top right. When you contact them (the sponsor should for the first time), let them know that you are nearing the end, and CIC demanded a medical, that you completed, and they seem to have lost, and that you are worried they will consider you to be uncompliant.... that should provoke help from even unhelpful MP's...

Momo0630

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Contact your local MP: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members

Look for the "Find MP" button at the top right. When you contact them (the sponsor should for the first time), let them know that you are nearing the end, and CIC demanded a medical, that you completed, and they seem to have lost, and that you are worried they will consider you to be uncompliant.... that should provoke help from even unhelpful MP's...
Ok thanks,I would do that

Laura13914

May 11, 2017
Quebec
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
N/a sent with app
AOR Received.
08-06-2016
Med's Request
N/a sent with app
Thanks. For my wife (the PA) it's a muted ordeal. She and I didn't really talk about it. She was more worried that I wouldn't have something to do after it was done, than about the process or approval. There was only a brief slice of time from about 8am to about 8:50am on May 5th, when we were walking into Immigration, and sitting waiting (after they took her passport -- in Russia, you have to pay a bribe to get it back). That's where she was stressed out and didn't want to talk....

When I went with her to claim her COPR, they weren't even going to check my ID. I had my passport and my DL out ready. I had to had it to him and ask if he was wanting to check it! "Oh, you're the sponsor?" Then when he took my DL (not my passport!), he said my names in reverse order (last name first -- a common mistake -- we both laughed about it). Moral of that story: It really won't matter, so long as they have some form of ID...
Haha I can totally relate to a muted ordeal. I'm a very upfront person and like to deal with stress head on and after studying psychology I try and figure out what my wife is also thinking and feeling lol however we try not to talk about it too much as we both are aware there's not really anything we can do but wait and wait and wait and wait. I am hoping to hear something soon as I almost hit the 12 month mark but I am also aware that it could still be a while.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Haha I can totally relate to a muted ordeal. I'm a very upfront person and like to deal with stress head on and after studying psychology I try and figure out what my wife is also thinking and feeling lol however we try not to talk about it too much as we both are aware there's not really anything we can do but wait and wait and wait and wait. I am hoping to hear something soon as I almost hit the 12 month mark but I am also aware that it could still be a while.
~13.5mos. We saw activity at 13.5mos. And it was totally completed in short order. When did you apply?

Laura13914

May 11, 2017
Quebec
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
N/a sent with app
AOR Received.
08-06-2016
Med's Request
N/a sent with app
~13.5mos. We saw activity at 13.5mos. And it was totally completed in short order. When did you apply?
Cic received my application 13th may 2016 so 13.5 months would be awesome honestly

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Matthars, you didn't tell us you were landing on May 23rd! Congrats!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I'm not. That isn't my update on the spreadsheet..
*sigh*.... here I got excited when I saw it.... totally crushed my soul here..

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
*sigh*.... here I got excited when I saw it.... totally crushed my soul here..
Who updates the spreadsheet?
I had some comments/ notes that weren't added in when I updated my landing date.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I don't think June would be last, but I think what they have done, is fast forwarded into the June/July pool and started cherry-picking the cases, like GuyanaGirl's where there is 10 years of relations -- very low risk, and probably paid very little attention. They will eventually start working on them in parallel with the April - June pool.

Ultimately, the goal is to reduce the "backlog" to the manageable 12 month wait. Given my predictions (adding 13.5mos to date of receipt), they would not be able to clear out the backlog, and continue to process at their current rates, without "weeding out" the easy cases up ahead. Dealing with PCC's, missing or requested docs, interviews, etc from the current active pool slows them down. The fast forward is a bit of a means to offset that.

Again, just an "educated" guess as to what is going on...

i thought they stop doing that but hey this is cic and ircc we are talking about

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Who updates the spreadsheet?
I had some comments/ notes that weren't added in when I updated my landing date.
There is a small collection of groupies that do it. I am not sure, but simpsol22 used to update it...

Last edited: