17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
botengcoke said:
same here!!! Patiently waiting! i am a march applicant!...i have some question right now.. my OWP will expired on MAY 28 2017.. i have 3 months left... and i am currently working right now... i am waiting for my Passsport for renewal, because CIC they based on my passport expiration for my OWP.. can i still work if my workpermit expires because i am planning to applied for renewal of my work permit once i received my passport.. i am planning to renew my OWP before its expires maybe nextmonth! 2 months left for my OWP and it takes 4 months to be process... thank u and have a goodday to all!
You'll probably be hearing soon...given that january is starting to get requests. Note that you can apply for renewal online and its quicker....even by paper it does not take 4 months for renewals. Also note that if you apply anytime before it expires....you can keep working even if the current permit expires...until they've made a decision on that renewal app. So even if you wait a month before it expires, you'll be fine.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
carolbb23 said:
I suggest you renew it now
simpsol22 said:
You'll probably be hearing soon...given that january is starting to get requests. Note that you can apply for renewal online and its quicker....even by paper it does not take 4 months for renewals. Also note that if you apply anytime before it expires....you can keep working even if the current permit expires...until they've made a decision on that renewal app. So even if you wait a month before it expires, you'll be fine.
Hi Botengcoke. Nice to see you posting. I agree with Carol and Simpsol. Renew now.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
RV23 said:
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if we withdraw a spousal application or something negative happens to the application , then what happens to the open work permit ?Does it get cancelled or it remains valid up until the expiry date?Coz since the express entry points are going down , we were thinking of that option as well!

Thanks
RV, if you read the remarks section it indicates " the temporary resident status maintained as per R183(6). Pending FC APR."

My understanding is that the open work permit is granted because of the pending application for family class sponsorship. Consequently if there is no pending application for family class sponsorship then this voids the open work permit.

Maybe Profiler or Simpsol can chime in because I am not 100% sure.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
browning911 said:
Hi Botengcoke. Nice to see you posting. I agree with Carol and Simpsol. Renew now.
I'm acutally advising to wait....until 1 month before. Even on CICs website it states 30 days prior to the old expiring.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
RV23 said:
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if we withdraw a spousal application or something negative happens to the application , then what happens to the open work permit ?Does it get cancelled or it remains valid up until the expiry date?Coz since the express entry points are going down , we were thinking of that option as well!

Thanks
A few things....with EE....it's not a guarantee you'll be invited even if you your points are within the draw. And it still takes time to be granted the pr once invited. Given that you are a May applicant, I would wait it out.

As far as the owp....that seems to be a grey area. Yes the spousal app is needed to obtain...cbsa and cic including different agents from each will tell you no and yes regarding what happens when an app is cancelled. I do know that if it is supposed to be void, they do not enforce it....even when cbsa is tipped off.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
simpsol22 said:
A few things....with EE....it's not a guarantee you'll be invited even if you your points are within the draw. And it still takes time to be granted the pr once invited. Given that you are a May applicant, I would wait it out.

As far as the owp....that seems to be a grey area. Yes the spousal app is needed to obtain...cbsa and cic including different agents from each will tell you no and yes regarding what happens when an app is cancelled. I do know that if it is supposed to be void, they do not enforce it....even when cbsa is tipped off.
The OWP stays valid until it's expiry date. FC sponsorship or not.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
simpsol22 said:
I'm acutally advising to wait....until 1 month before. Even on CICs website it states 30 days prior to the old expiring.
I advise pawing through this thread -- I showed how you could fill it out within an hour. Submit this about 2 days before either online or via mail. As an OWP holder, you will have implied worker status (see the processing manual by googling "cic manual implied worker status").

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
March 2016 applicant here

I wonder about your opinions, we have a very important deadline to apply for school by May 1st for September start of school, but need the PR to be approved by then or the application is not accepted and we will need to waste an entire whole year waiting again for September 2018 instead (after such a long wait already :(

In your guesses and opinions, should we get our hopes up that PR will be finished by May 1st, or should we just give up hoping and accept that we are likely doomed to wasting another year before resuming school?

I know nobody has any certain answers, but just looking for some opinions to feed into or discourage our hopes and dreams

Nea anything here either. However, I believe by end of april the March 2016's will see movement. So, I suspect that there will be one more year. Unless you put forth an application for study to bridge the gap.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Chrisdoney said:
If you don't get any answer soon you will have to repeat all over again. That sucks! =(
Totally false.

My wife's medical stayed on the pile until it was nearly expired. Some medical examiner in New Delhi was assigned the case and approved the medical results within an hour of assignment -- 3 days before expiry. Just a heads up, they can also extend it (and frequently do for in Canada class -- you are here and not still exposed to the "foreign environment").

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
RV, if you read the remarks section it indicates " the temporary resident status maintained as per R183(6). Pending FC APR."

My understanding is that the open work permit is granted because of the pending application for family class sponsorship. Consequently if there is no pending application for family class sponsorship then this voids the open work permit.

Maybe Profiler or Simpsol can chime in because I am not 100% sure.
The note is more for justifying the OWP. As with any other permit, the expiry is when the permit is no longer valid.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Kjaggikaur said:
I received my OWP in August 2016 and started working in December. Before OWP, i was on student permit. In January this year, I withdraw my admission since I had an OWP and a job. Do I need to inform CIC or will the school inform them regarding my withdrawl? Please suggest asap.
It really won't matter. I would do it, just so they have closure on the one permit. This would reduce the open questions (if any) when the officer(s) pick your file up. Regardless, the institution would have already advised them that you withdrew.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
Nea anything here either. However, I believe by end of april the March 2016's will see movement. So, I suspect that there will be one more year. Unless you put forth an application for study to bridge the gap.
unfortunately the course programs we've been waiting for will not accept International Students at all, must get PR to continue the studies, this has been a long wait already so an extra year waiting will be depressing if it happens (Universities have long lead times for when you have to apply to when the course starts, some programs have already closed for fall 2017 and are accepting applications for fall 2018!) The one we are waiting to apply for closes May 1st for the 2017/2018 year.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Just wonder do I (applicant) need to inform Cic if I have a new job? Or my sponsor? We moved to other province after I got OWP so we both can work.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
simpsol22 said:

Yeah I guess you are right. We will wait then!

Thanks

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
profiler said:
The OWP stays valid until it's expiry date. FC sponsorship or not.
Thanks for the information. :)