+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
@Simpsol22: Hi again, thanks a lot for these clarifications. Last two questions to you (promise won't bother anymore; at least for now), 1. You said eCas showing DM what about MyCic? does it give any better detail? 2. As you suggested I checked the spreadsheet and found a lot of Calgarians, now what startled me is some of their landing office is Etobicoke, which is weird coz why someone will go so far from Calgary to land (4 hr in flight). Can I choose where I wanna land?

Thanks a lot again for the help
Sam

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hkdominante said:
Hello!i applied for spousal sponsorship in canada.my work permit just expires february 2. Do i have to apply for restoration? Can anyone help me how to reach cic if they already receive my application? I havent receive any acknowledgement from them.:( i dont have UCI number cant check online. Thank you so much!!!
If you had a work permit before applying for PR, then you should already have an UCI.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Sam8119 said:
@Simpsol22: Hi again, thanks a lot for these clarifications. Last two questions to you (promise won't bother anymore; at least for now), 1. You said eCas showing DM what about MyCic? does it give any better detail? 2. As you suggested I checked the spreadsheet and found a lot of Calgarians, now what startled me is some of their landing office is Etobicoke, which is weird coz why someone will go so far from Calgary to land (4 hr in flight). Can I choose where I wanna land?

Thanks a lot again for the help
Sam
I'll have to look at that....shouldnt have etobicoke unless they moved and didnt update where they lived. Should be Calgary.
To be honest I'm now finding ecas more reliable on status. My mycic still shows in process for background check and eligibility review. I knew i had DM by viewing ecas. I did know they were working on my file on mycic...because o saw the eligibility switch to in proccess.....but at the same time ecas switched to dm for my husbands SA

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Sam8119 said:
Thanks Simpsol22 :)
:) No problem...So i looked into the calgary vs etobicoke...there was one i know was wrong...fixed it...and not sure on the other person. But yes, you should be landing in Calgary and be hearing within a few weeks.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Simpsol22: Thanks a lot, I wish I can really land in few weeks being June 1 applicant, Even if they bring things forward and start processing Say End March, it will be great but I guess that is just wishful thinking :(

Sam

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
muusehisman said:
Is there a chance of refusal of PR after AIP?
Short answer: yes
But it is unlikely. Getting AIP means that IRCC assessed that the sponsor was eligible to sponsor, that the applicant was eligible to apply, and that the relation is genuine. Then, it remains the medicals and background checks. So after AIP, unless you have a dangerous health condition or criminal records, your PR application is most likely to be approved.

Zayana

Jan 19, 2017
Hey Guys. I need you help. I was trying to link my Work permit application to my online account and I was unable to do that. I also spoke with cic agent and they provided me with my WP application #, however no results so far. Please let me know if anyone had the same issue? I also asked them about “the wrong year” that we have been discussed here and she has confirmed that they are working on Dec 2016 applications right now.
Thank in advance.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi Everyone!!

I have a couple questions that I'm sure have already been answered but i cannot be bothered to go through every page to find them :)

So I sent my PR application (Inland) along with OWP application January 2nd 2017
They received it in the mailroom January 13th 2017
Feb 10th will be exactly 1 month since they have received the application in their mailroom...

1st question - Will i hear anything about the OWP before its approved or will i just receive something in regards to it being accepted at the 4 month mark.
- How will i know its been approved? Is it through email, Letter...?
2nd question - How long do you usually have to wait until i get AOR?

Thank you so much for helping out :) Its all just a waiting game right now :(

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Hello, everyone. My wife recently sent her application to mississauga and we got an email stating we should link her application to a GC key account online withing 7 calender days. We have tried doing this and it keeps telling us no applications found. And we have 2 more days to go. Can anyone please assist me how I can link up this account??

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
sylvain1 said:
Short answer: yes
But it is unlikely. Getting AIP means that IRCC assessed that the sponsor was eligible to sponsor, that the applicant was eligible to apply, and that the relation is genuine. Then, it remains the medicals and background checks. So after AIP, unless you have a dangerous health condition or criminal records, your PR application is most likely to be approved.
Thank you for the response .Waiting game drives someone crazy and leads to over thinking.

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
simpsol22 said:
Mine never went to in process....went from app received to decision made. They are slowly working through Dec 2015....should be hearing soon.
Thanks... Fingers crossed!! :eek:

smavg

Nov 4, 2016
Chingy said:
Hello, everyone. My wife recently sent her application to mississauga and we got an email stating we should link her application to a GC key account online withing 7 calender days. We have tried doing this and it keeps telling us no applications found. And we have 2 more days to go. Can anyone please assist me how I can link up this account??
Have you tried (I think) Simpsol's method

I copy-pasted it after looking it up:

Only use applicant info
Press Space bar in place of city if birth
Leave out all passport details
Enter 2 for number on app....plus 1 for each dependent
If you have a rep...you cannot link

K87

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
smavg said:
Have you tried (I think) Simpsol's method

I copy-pasted it after looking it up:

Only use applicant info
Press Space bar in place of city if birth
Leave out all passport details
Enter 2 for number on app....plus 1 for each dependent
If you have a rep...you cannot link
HI everyone my husband got his decision made today. He applied on dec 18,2015 and got SA today and decision made and medical received today. Thanks a lot everyone