+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

rajabio111

Jan 19, 2017
Hello Folks,

I am submitting my inland application next month.

Its mentioned in the CIC website that applicant under spousal sponsorship cant re-enter canada. I already have TRV up to 2019.

Please let me know what does it means.

Thanks

RaviJ

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/27/16
AOR Received.
11/02/16
Med's Done....
upfront
hermionebr said:
Just receveid my work permit! 8)

App sent - Sep 14
Recevid - Sep 15
WP Issued - Jan 17
WP receveid - Jan 23
Congrats!!!...hope i get mine soon as well

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
rajabio111 said:
Hello Folks,

I am submitting my inland application next month.

Its mentioned in the CIC website that applicant under spousal sponsorship cant re-enter canada. I already have TRV up to 2019.

Please let me know what does it means.

Thanks
Can you pls post the CIC link that says applications under in-land cannot re-enter?
My previous knowledge about this: applicants can re-enter but can be difficult if you were no having a status or if you travel without your sponsor and stays longer. Thus, your sponsor and you must be living together always in Canada during the process. However, if you have TRV and work/study permit, you can travel outside Canada but don't stay longer.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hermionebr said:
I have a question
Now that I finally got my OWP, do I have to go anywhere to validate it, or to issue a document, anything like this?
I didn't find anything on the internet, I don't know if it is a dumb question
Take it to Service Canada to get a temporary SIN. Then you can start working..

smavg

Nov 4, 2016
I'm just wondering... I kept on getting logged out from myCic, probably 15-20 times before I managed to get to my homepage. Does anyone else experience this? Not much of an issue, it's just very annoying.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
hermionebr said:
I have a question
Now that I finally got my OWP, do I have to go anywhere to validate it, or to issue a document, anything like this?
I didn't find anything on the internet, I don't know if it is a dumb question
Nope...it's already active and ready. Just have to provide to your employer when you start a new job.

madamesagesse

Jan 23, 2017
Hi everyone. I also applied for Spousal Sponsorship and Open Work Permit last year, but since my birth certificate and criminal record papers were taking so long to arrive I also did an online Visa Extension Application before (while my visitor visa was still active). Currently I have both applications open on my CIC account page and I just got a mail to do a medical test for the Visa Extension... I thought Spousal Sponsorship and open work permit request would grant me Implied Status while it is being processed. If so I don't need the Visa Extension anymore, right? Should I cancel that application? Or is there no issue in having both and I should go do the medical exams for the Visa Extension anyway and then repeat when they ask me to do the same for the Spousal Sponsored PR?

Thank you.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
madamesagesse said:
Hi everyone. I also applied for Spousal Sponsorship and Open Work Permit last year, but since my birth certificate and criminal record papers were taking so long to arrive I also did an online Visa Extension Application before (while my visitor visa was still active). Currently I have both applications open on my CIC account page and I just got a mail to do a medical test for the Visa Extension... I thought Spousal Sponsorship and open work permit request would grant me Implied Status while it is being processed. If so I don't need the Visa Extension anymore, right? Should I cancel that application? Or is there no issue in having both and I should go do the medical exams for the Visa Extension anyway and then repeat when they ask me to do the same for the Spousal Sponsored PR?

Thank you.
I think they will not ask you again. As far as I know there is only one type of medical which covers all immigration streams.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
zumbagirl said:
I think they will not ask you again. As far as I know there is only one type of medical which covers all immigration streams.
Precisely. Same medical for all.

Godspeed86

Jan 23, 2017
My application was received by CIC on 14th March 2016. Since then nothing is being updated when I log in to check status of application. I got my open work permit(applied with application). Would like to know how many people out there like me. Thanks a lot in advance.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hmm, I'm wondering why OWPs are taking longer to arrive as of recent.
Looking like it's dead on 4 months to approval + the additional week for delivery.
Possibly th Christmas holidays etc?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Hmm, I'm wondering why OWPs are taking longer to arrive as of recent.
Looking like it's dead on 4 months to approval + the additional week for delivery.
Possibly th Christmas holidays etc?
Last year, my wife's was two days early...

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
Godspeed86 said:
My application was received by CIC on 14th March 2016. Since then nothing is being updated when I log in to check status of application. I got my open work permit(applied with application). Would like to know how many people out there like me. Thanks a lot in advance.
I'm March 18th 2016. Only received 2 AOR's. We should hear something within the next few months since they are sending out positive news to december 2015 applicants right now.

Godspeed86

Jan 23, 2017
legolg said:
I'm March 18th 2016. Only received 2 AOR's. We should hear something within the next few months since they are sending out positive news to december 2015 applicants right now.
I m sorry I m not familiar with lot of abbrivation . What is AOR? Let's hope they work out good. I am waiting for so long to take excotic vacation with my women. And not to forget it's too stressful, the whole process in itself.