+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sunbright84

Aug 12, 2016
That is quick... which country are you from.. i have submitted on 18 aug and waiting

lilili1234 said:
Hello everyone,

We've applied for inland sponsorship and submitted the application on Aug. 17, 2016. The AOR was received on Sep. 13, 2016. To our surprised, we recently received the OWP that was granted on Nov. 02, 2016. The status was not updated online though. Fingers crossed for the next step.

Anyway, possibly the process is a lot quicker now, so good luck everyone!

Cheers,

lilili

vanitasensei

May 14, 2016
hello everybody!!

i applied for inland on aug 17, 2016. and also sent the OWP application with it.
i have my application linked to my online account and the OWP application only says OPEN, i have no idea if the documents i sent are right or if they even reviewed them, also no messages on the board.

is that normal?

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
vanitasensei said:
hello everybody!!

i applied for inland on aug 17, 2016. and also sent the OWP application with it.
i have my application linked to my online account and the OWP application only says OPEN, i have no idea if the documents i sent are right or if they even reviewed them, also no messages on the board.

is that normal?
It's perfectly normal. Most cases you find the permit in the mail before myCIC updated. Hang in there, you're in the normal timeframe.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
And no, I haven't quite left just yet. But ask again tomorrow..
Hey hey hey, no so fast. We got some parties to plan!

On the other hand, I think you should start thinking about developing an app with your prediction tools. You may become a millionaire and move to Vancouver :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Hey hey hey, no so fast. We got some parties to plan!
You don't have time to plan parties! You are on the job hunt! Hey speaking of which, how's that going for you?

maria_mirabela said:
On the other hand, I think you should start thinking about developing an app with your prediction tools. You may become a millionaire and move to Vancouver :)
An app might be step 2. It seems like you'd be the only one using it. Until the lawyers and consultants caught wind that it existed.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
You don't have time to plan parties! You are on the job hunt! Hey speaking of which, how's that going for you?
I'm a multitasker!
Oh well... I got some interviews; I find it very relaxing that people here are no so stiff as I'm used to in Europe. It's not that formal and they give you feedback on the spot which helps a lot. I might go for a job at Institute of Technology College because you planted a seed that education facilities here might offer free training for employees.

profiler said:
An app might be step 2. It seems like you'd be the only one using it. Until the lawyers and consultants caught wind that it existed.
Hey man, I would pay a sh*t load of money for that; and I really do believe I'm not the only one! However, if you need any help I'm volunteering.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
I'm a multitasker!
Yeah me too. I actually use the distraction of work to think about solving other problems -- like how to process chaotic data (spreadsheet, for example).

maria_mirabela said:
I'm a multitasker!
Oh well... I got some interviews; I find it very relaxing that people here are no so stiff as I'm used to in Europe. It's not that formal and they give you feedback on the spot which helps a lot. I might go for a job at Institute of Technology College because you planted a seed that education facilities here might offer free training for employees.
Ohhh no! Don't blame me for that! I know that most Uni's do. What does ITC have that you are interested in? (sorry, I am interested now...)

When I have interviewed people, I have always approached it as being as easy going as possible. I let people talk, and I can pick up just from that if they have any idea what they are talking about, or if they are talking out of their ass. Interviews are stressful, by nature. No point in making it worse, right? Something I learned from my Prof days over at Conestoga was you have to use indirect means to collect information sometimes (as in stressful situations) because the results might be skewed and an incorrect picture of what the person is truly capable of.

I asked because I am trying to encourage Ms Profiler to jump ship. The place she is at is a place where most Canadians who have worked there have quit. My parents also have tried to convince her as well.

maria_mirabela said:
Hey man, I would pay a sh*t load of money for that; and I really do believe I'm not the only one! However, if you need any help I'm volunteering.
Volunteering won't help me move to Vancity! Just kidding ;). I don't think I could live that far from the CN.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
Ohhh no! Don't blame me for that! I know that most Uni's do. What does ITC have that you are interested in? (sorry, I am interested now...)
The job is interviewing students that apply for Toronto Film School programs. Basically guiding prospective students through the admissions and registration process.

For how long is the Awesome Ms Profiler working with the company you want her to quit from? Won't that be like a red flag on her resume to hold a job for less than a year? I am asking because my work experience is within only 1 company since I've graduated and I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing... I mean I held different positions (that show some professional growth) but again, I'm that person that doesn't bail when things go south so technically I have worked for only one employer my hole life.

marqueetuti

Oct 23, 2015
Hello Sir, Just wanna seek advice.Currently I am waiting for my Permanent Resident visa under Quebec Skilled Worker program. And I plan to sponsor my wife thru inland application. We still both live and work outside Canada
When is the best time to apply visitor's visa to Quebec for my wife? Can we land to Quebec together me as an immigrant and she as a visitor?
Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
The job is interviewing students that apply for Toronto Film School programs. Basically guiding prospective students through the admissions and registration process.

For how long is the Awesome Ms Profiler working with the company you want her to quit from? Won't that be like a red flag on her resume to hold a job for less than a year? I am asking because my work experience is within only 1 company since I've graduated and I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing... I mean I held different positions (that show some professional growth) but again, I'm that person that doesn't bail when things go south so technically I have worked for only one employer my hole life.
A few months. They are pretty abusive and for minimal pay. I wouldn't tolerate what she has for more than a day. She is trying hard to look passed the serious problems and abuses because, like you, she wants the Canadian experience (before heading off to school).

An example of abusees: The employment contract states that there is a 6 month proby period. It states that it ends 6 months after she started. She was chatting with someone at their office, and they told her, "No, you haven't started the probation yet. That starts after you are finished training." I have never....ever....worked in a place that considered proby to start after training has been completed. So, the contract contradicts what she was told by management. Another example was that she was to work 40 hours a week, yet, they have her working every weekend (now from home) to commit ledger openings. They also have her working evenings on presentations they want her to do. There is no time during the day to complete these. When she questioned management about this (because it's like a 60-70 hour per week commitment now), they told her that they might be able to offset it by giving her some time back during the week. But they didn't know when, and they wouldn't commit. Working a salary job, that's friggin' terrible.

I understand where you are coming from. What you have to remember is, people don't have labour books here. So, really, it's up to you to tell the next employer what they should know.

I have worked for many. Some I left because I wanted a change. Some were contracts that I completed. Some I told the owners to shove it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
marqueetuti said:
Hello Sir, Just wanna seek advice.Currently I am waiting for my Permanent Resident visa under Quebec Skilled Worker program. And I plan to sponsor my wife thru inland application. We still both live and work outside Canada
When is the best time to apply visitor's visa to Quebec for my wife? Can we land to Quebec together me as an immigrant and she as a visitor?
Thank you
Quebec doesn't have a specific visitor visa as far as I am aware. She can apply for a visitor visa to Canada, and then she can visit any of the provinces. In terms of timing, I can't really tell you (I am not that versed on FSW) so I don't want to give you misinformation. She can "arrive" in Canada, when you "land" (these are very different terms).

Cross99

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
marqueetuti said:
Thank you
I believe if you do not inform CIC that you are married (I am guessing you are) while your PR application is getting processed, you may never be ale to sponsor her later!

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
@profiler: does it matter what they say about probation? I mean as long as there;s a contract, that's the rule. I have one strong principle work-related: if it's not written somewhere it doesn't exist.
About the late working hours... I think everybody has gone through this in their beginnings. I see your wife's point: gather some experience around here then you can go negotiate for some other job from a stronger position. She will know when enough is enough.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It's the strain it's placing on our relationship that is the problem. I only gave you a short list as examples. There has been more transgressions. But anyway... /rant.

farazprok

Apr 21, 2013
profiler said:
Depends on where she is from and if you wanted to apply inland or outland (outland she can remain in Canada on TRVs like study and work permits).

Outland you may not have enough time, so she would need to apply to "entend her stay as a visitor".

If you don't mind the wait, inland has the expectation that your wife remains in Canada while they process the application. For that, you can submit an application with her PR application for an Open Work Permit. They will issue that within 4 months and is good for 2yrs (or to one month before her passport expires -- which ever is sooner).

Both have advantages and disadvantages. Inland they caution people not to leave Canada as the CBSA can choose (for any reason) to refuse re-entry. This could render her application abandoned if CIC chooses. Outland takes less time usually, but you have to keep renewing TRVs. Also if they request an interview, she would need to head home for that.
My question here is "Would she be able to study under open work permit"? I always think that for study you need either study permit or permanent residency.

What about this: they send their inland sponsorship application to CIC without OWP application and then later on down the road a few month before the expiry date of her study permit, they apply for study permit extension. In this case as long as she holds a valid study permit and of course visa she would be able to leave Canada and re-enter with no problem. Is this statement wrong?