Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2016
Profiler - any thoughts on this?

meskal1 said:
So I submitted my PR/OWP applications on Oct 4. On November 4 I received a thick package from CIC containing my original application for PR - rejected because I did not include IMM 5406. I must have forgotten it. Anyway I already had the form filled out so I printed and signed it and returned it back express. CIC received it this morning.

I assume since they didn't send back my OWP application that CIC will hold it pending the review of my resubmission - is this true? Also, for the purposes of the google spreadsheet, I wasn't sure how to update my info..or do I just restart the clock with the CIC delivery receipt date of November 7? Please advise, thanks.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
@profiler: first I gotta admit the I'm living in a parallel universe... yesterday was the 8th, not Monday :-X Medical done, everything OK.

I remember some posts ago you said something about CIC giving you some money back? (tried to look for that specific post but kinda got lost in the maze...) I am asking because today the rockstar-husband got a refund of $100 CAD on his CC from CIC and we have no idea why. We paid $225 for the OWP, $75 for the sponsor and $475 for the PA . I am guessing the 100 bucks are not for his awesomeness...

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Ok, so I wanna share some of my experience with everyone out there that got their OWP and are now job hunting. Apparently there;s some new scam running around the internet where "fake" companies with less than 30 days websites send e-mails to people that have their resume public on job boards. Basically, they pretend to be HR managers from out of country companies that are looking for opening an office in Canada and they need someone to take care of things here. They offer a lot of money but the job is home-based for few month, they have no office or representative here and they ask for your bank account and stuff pretending they need to run the money through a Canadian bank and the company hasn't opened one yet.
I'm just saying... I got 2 different e-mails like that in just 1 day. And the companies' names were ripoffs after well known firms (with a letter or 2 changed)...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
@profiler: first I gotta admit the I'm living in a parallel universe... yesterday was the 8th, not Monday :-X Medical done, everything OK.

I remember some posts ago you said something about CIC giving you some money back? (tried to look for that specific post but kinda got lost in the maze...) I am asking because today the rockstar-husband got a refund of $100 CAD on his CC from CIC and we have no idea why. We paid $225 for the OWP, $75 for the sponsor and $475 for the PA . I am guessing the 100 bucks are not for his awesomeness...
Personally, I think it was epicness, not awesomeness. They looked at your photos, and the application package, and:

No seriously, we did actually overpay. You might have a mispayment because you did ROS + OWP + OWP#2 right? You might want to call them to make sure they allocated the right amount for your PA.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Ok, so I wanna share some of my experience with everyone out there that got their OWP and are now job hunting. Apparently there;s some new scam running around the internet where "fake" companies with less than 30 days websites send e-mails to people that have their resume public on job boards. Basically, they pretend to be HR managers from out of country companies that are looking for opening an office in Canada and they need someone to take care of things here. They offer a lot of money but the job is home-based for few month, they have no office or representative here and they ask for your bank account and stuff pretending they need to run the money through a Canadian bank and the company hasn't opened one yet.
I'm just saying... I got 2 different e-mails like that in just 1 day. And the companies' names were ripoffs after well known firms (with a letter or 2 changed)...
DO NOT POST A RESUME. Only send it to addresses that look legit (and you can try looking up the careers pages of the companies you are interested in).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
meskal1 said:
Profiler - any thoughts on this?
My guess? They know there is an application coming back (but it was a separate application). But I would courier that to them ASAP!

If you don't get that in before they decide to process the OWP, there will be no PR application accompanying it, and they will refuse the OWP!

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
Personally, I think it was epicness, not awesomeness. They looked at your photos, and the application package.

No seriously, we did actually overpay. You might have a mispayment because you did ROS + OWP + OWP#2 right? You might want to call them to make sure they allocated the right amount for your PA.
You may be right.... $100 from the $200 I had to pay for ROS were the same $100 included in the $225 for OWP. (I don't make much sense, I know, but it's your fault; now I have the "ginger mop" image stuck in my brain!!!)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Okaaaay.... I'll keep that in mind.
If you post a resume, or contact details online, phish can find it and try to work their magic on you (sending false emails, calling you, etc). Bad, bad idea.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
You may be right.... $100 from the $200 I had to pay for ROS were the same $100 included in the $225 for OWP. (I don't make much sense, I know, but it's your fault; now I have the "ginger mop" image stuck in my brain!!!)
C'mon -- you know you laughed at that. It was the perfect picture :)

farazprok

Apr 21, 2013
Chasingthestarts said:
Hi , I submitted my application to CPC Mississauga on Oct 10 and It was delivered on Oct 11.( I'm in Vancouver ) My sponsor just got the email this morning. so 28 days.

Thanks guys for the responses. I'd been checking my email every day and had no idea that it would send to my sponsor. :eek:
Thanks god they didn't return my application after learned what I might have missed on the Forum ( like black ink and stuff )
Thanks for your response.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@Maria is not Dr. Lyndon macharenhas is not a nice guy but his Receponist are nice when your good them plus everything Is close by he makes you feel at ease and how's everything going on you case

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Xavi_Ini said:
From Germany. I don't have any idea about SIR.
You wouldn't unless you saw your GCMS notes. I can say with reasonable certainty that you were in SIR (Aug 10 was the second document request 'wave'; june 16-18 was the first). That said, you have restored my faith in the system -- for however long that lasts now that no one can access CIC because of the election..