CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Try: 613 944 4000
No Sir,, wont work,,, after hitting the prompt for CiC immigration I get the exact same recording I get from the toll free number,, This is really nuts,, considering I could call there before from my phone,, NOW I guess I have to go BUY a frigging prepaid Canada Cell phone ughhhh

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
No Sir,, wont work,,, after hitting the prompt for CiC immigration I get the exact same recording I get from the toll free number,, This is really nuts,, considering I could call there before from my phone,, NOW I guess I have to go BUY a frigging prepaid Canada Cell phone ughhhh

Well, you do live in Canada...and it's "long distance" to call from your Yankee number, right? ;) If you have a dual-SIM phone, you could just pick up a Canadian SIM (number, etc). Or you can get a SIP phone (requires wireless data) from somewhere like flynumber.com ($2.95/mnth for a Canadian DID).

What we did for the missus, was a Canadian phone on my post-paid monthly plan (with wireless data), and a Russian SIP number from FlyNumber. It works amazingly well.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
As an alternative, you can visit your MP's office and tell them you are having trouble communicating with CIC. They should help here.

Reactions: WOLFHAWK

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Well, you do live in Canada...and it's "long distance" to call from your Yankee number, right? ;) If you have a dual-SIM phone, you could just pick up a Canadian SIM (number, etc). Or you can get a SIP phone (requires wireless data) from somewhere like flynumber.com ($2.95/mnth for a Canadian DID).

What we did for the missus, was a Canadian phone on my post-paid monthly plan (with wireless data), and a Russian SIP number from FlyNumber. It works amazingly well.
LMAO.. yes but my Yankee phone has always worked when calling CIC.. ok ok so what the heck is a SIP phone... how do you know if you have a dual sim phone? I know where my card goes there is like a extra blank card in with the sim card.....hmm I wonder could I buy a 10.00 sim card at Wal-Mart for say Bell prepaid,, and put that in my phone and then get unlimited prepaid Ontario only from Roger or Bell.. that way I don't have to buy another phone ??? ill look up that "flynumber.com" you mentioned
Thank ya Sir

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
As an alternative, you can visit your MP's office and tell them you are having trouble communicating with CIC. They should help here.
Profiler as you are here, do you know how the government is checking our background with the PCC (you know my file, we talked in private) ?

we are still waiting
background check in process
AOR JUNE 9TH 2017

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Yes, I did that when I got my DM letter she called for me... I just wrote her a letter asking to see if she can get my apt date and what I have to bring with me to that appointment

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LMAO.. yes but my Yankee phone has always worked when calling CIC.. ok ok so what the heck is a SIP phone... how do you know if you have a dual sim phone? I know where my card goes there is like a extra blank card in with the sim card.....hmm I wonder could I buy a 10.00 sim card at Wal-Mart for say Bell prepaid,, and put that in my phone and then get unlimited prepaid Ontario only from Roger or Bell.. that way I don't have to buy another phone ??? ill look up that "flynumber.com" you mentioned
Thank ya Sir
Who is your US phone with? You might be able to just swap the SIM. But it will depend what carrier you were using (they have different frequency bands that they communicate on).

SIP is a software phone. Most cell phones now a days are actually SIP phones (you're using mobile data even if you're not paying for it). CSip is a software program that you can use to login to FlyNumber to allow for incoming calls. If you pay a little more, you can make outbound calls from the FlyNumber, too.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes, I did that when I got my DM letter she called for me... I just wrote her a letter asking to see if she can get my apt date and what I have to bring with me to that appointment
They will contact you, and what to bring will be in the landing invitation (with the date).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Profiler as you are here, do you know how the government is checking our background with the PCC (you know my file, we talked in private) ?

we are still waiting
background check in process
AOR JUNE 9TH 2017
Background is processed by CSIS, Interpol, and international intelligence partners. PCC is just a certificate that proves you don't have any criminality from that country.

Reactions: goteborg

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Background is processed by CSIS, Interpol, and international intelligence partners. PCC is just a certificate that proves you don't have any criminality from that country.
ah ok understood, so when they say currently background check in process in the gmcs note it means they asked to these organisations the proof that my wife didnt have a police record. So it means they are checking for turquia and syria so...
correct ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ah ok understood, so when they say currently background check in process in the gmcs note it means they asked to these organisations the proof that my wife didnt have a police record. So it means they are checking for turquia and syria so...
correct ?
Anywhere that she has been, has worked, has studied, has lived.

They also investigate all immediate family members (admissibility checks) as well. It's assumed family may want to visit someday...

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Anywhere that she has been, has worked, has studied, has lived.

They also investigate all immediate family members (admissibility checks) as well. It's assumed family may want to visit someday...
shes from venezuela, not the best currently to check something........

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

XKAYIY

May 21, 2018
Thanks for the reply from all of you.
Actually I have order GCMS notes last Dec., and received that this Feb. On the notes, there is a Text that is " Recommend Passed- Application identified for streamlined eligibility processing and is a part of the 2016 inventory reduction exercise for certain Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada applications."
Till now, it looks like the recommendation is only a recommendation.;)
I also check
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=658237024

On the 2016 sheet, you can see most case received during Nov. and early Dec. have not gotten SA.

So, good luck for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Tipsywit63