+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

rhapsodyy

Apr 18, 2017
The PCC request could have bee .part of a batch (possibly unnecessary). During the time you suggested they did have a couple weird glitches. So it is nothing to worry about. Worry if you get a procedural fairness letter :).

You should be hearing any time now from them regarding a decision...
Thank you for providing me with peace of mind that it's probably nothing! I feel like our application is pretty straightforward, so I really wasn't worried at all originally, but it's just taking so much time that I can't help but start to have an inkling of nerves pop up-- especially with the sudden change in status haha.

Fingers crossed that we get a decision soon I guess!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for providing me with peace of mind that it's probably nothing! I feel like our application is pretty straightforward, so I really wasn't worried at all originally, but it's just taking so much time that I can't help but start to have an inkling of nerves pop up-- especially with the sudden change in status haha.

It's now 12 months to process most (80%) cases that are simple. When you applied, it was technically still "26 months" -- though most of the cases from 2016 are done already, there are a few they are still working on. They seemed to get to mid-October, then they paused (to work on outland, maybe???). But they are also having a problem with getting Security clearances completed -- the asylum seekers/refugees have caused some delays.

But, soon I bet.

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012

My timeline is very similar to yours. I sponsored my wife.

Application Submitted - Dec 1, 2016
AOR Received - Dec 19, 2016
Asked to submit Medicals in mid November

And no update since then. My wife's work permit expires in June, 2018. I hope they finalize something before that else I have to file for an extension.

Reactions: Elah304

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

And no update since then. My wife's work permit expires in June, 2018. I hope they finalize something before that else I have to file for an extension.
What you could do, is apply for another (she doesn't need the holder fee) a couple days before her present WP expires. As long as CIC gets the application package before the expiry, she would have implied status and can keep working, if she chooses.

For a quick and dirty, see my signature.

Reactions: JB0405

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi! Has anyone here travelled with the CoPR? We are thinking of crossing the Niagara border sometime in April in our car(hoping to have my stamped CoPR by then).
Do they cause any issues travelling with the PR card? I know I will need to go inside to get the card for my passport, it costs about USD 6 or so.

FAWEZANA

Sep 19, 2017
Sounds right to me.
@profiler
Hi profiler,
We contacted IRCC to inform them about our situation, we received quick answer, they delayed the confirmation of our interview to the date of our return to Canada.

""Hello:
Please be advised that any clerical changes will be addressed at your scheduled telephone interview.
Our office can accept the confirmation form and copy of your valid passport on the 20th of February but it cannot be further delayed than that date
Hope this answers your question
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada""

Question: What do they mean by CLERICAL CHANGES ??

Thanks

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi! Has anyone here travelled with the CoPR? We are thinking of crossing the Niagara border sometime in April in our car(hoping to have my stamped CoPR by then).
Do they cause any issues travelling with the PR card? I know I will need to go inside to get the card for my passport, it costs about USD 6 or so.

COPR at a land boarder is fine.

Reactions: abcdmud

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler
Hi profiler,
We contacted IRCC to inform them about our situation, we received quick answer, they delayed the confirmation of our interview to the date of our return to Canada.

""Hello:
Please be advised that any clerical changes will be addressed at your scheduled telephone interview.
Our office can accept the confirmation form and copy of your valid passport on the 20th of February but it cannot be further delayed than that date
Hope this answers your question
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada""

Question: What do they mean by CLERICAL CHANGES ??

Thanks
I have no idea what you sent them, or how the telephone interview works.

But it sounds like it's an updated passport. COPRs are tied to Passport Numbers. That would be a clerical issue.

rhapsodyy

Apr 18, 2017

Seems like we're a day off of each other, we received AOR on the 20th. A few more months yet until June, so hopefully a decision will be made soon and you won't have to file for the extension! Good luck!

Reactions: JB0405

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
What you could do, is apply for another (she doesn't need the holder fee) a couple days before her present WP expires. As long as CIC gets the application package before the expiry, she would have implied status and can keep working, if she chooses.

For a quick and dirty, see my signature.
Thanks, Profiler. I will do exactly what you have suggested.

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks, Profiler. I will do exactly what you have suggested.
If she lands before itsi issued, immediately ask for a refund.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
You can't email them now? You're online, right? I am assuming you have a travel plan, or at least a ticket to return (you seem to know the date). So you'd say that date and port of entry, and you could include the previous time to that in the email?
Mr Proficient lol
Sorry, I meant to say mr profiler.
How is it going?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......