+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

SUNNY19984

Aug 21, 2017
CONGRATS... when did u get an email about the process get completed... how many days after u got the landing date email...

Got my pre-landing interview appointment on tuesday, and already replied to an email asking for receipt number and spoke to a nice cic lady on the phone, confirming email address and home address.

My question is, is this the last step or are pre-landing and landing different things?

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Hi All,

I got this email on Wed.
My question is, what should we prepare for this interview? We all are a bit nervous at this moment.
And is this the landing interview or the kind of interview that CIC will decide whether i will get PR or not based on the result?

Thanks in advance

Dear
We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview
has been scheduled for:
December

Please present this letter upon your arrival at:

Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent
residence and your application could be refused.
If you cannot attend this interview, please e-mail us at:
WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or call the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100
Please note:
 Do not arrive until 15 minutes prior to your interview time.
 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you,
and brings government issued ID documents with photos establishing their identity.
 If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for
hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
 If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the
amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so
prior to your interview.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
Please note that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resident and receiving your
PR card: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp
Date : November 23, 2017 UCI: 51952616

1148 Hornby Street, Vancouver BC V6Z 2C3 Page 2 of 2
Please bring the following original documents to your interview:
 A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing
your identity.
 Important: If for any reason you are not in possession of valid identity/travel
documents at the time of the appointment, you must advise this office PRIOR to
the appointment date.

 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed
for permanent residence inside Canada.
Please show the photographer the document found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
 Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC
These include work permits, study permits & visitor records.
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please make sure to print and bring the receipt and not the "payment confirmation form"
page.
Please note:
If you have recently changed any of the following without updating IRCC, please scan &
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca your updates and document(s) immediately.
Please also bring the original documents along to your interview.

 Marital status
Include copy of marriage certificate, divorce certificate etc.
 Passport
Include copy of the biographical details page
 Contact information
Include a copy of your photo government ID with your current address
Regards,
Permanent Resident Processing Unit
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Vancouver
Hi , when did you apply ?

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hi folks, so I got medical request on Nov 10th. Was done on the Nov 13th. Medical results was received and passed on Nov 17th. I haven't heard anything after the results. Folks any idea what I shd expect next. I applied Dec 2016. AOR was Dec 20th. Processing started according to Ecas on Dec 19th
Thanks guys

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
Hi profiler. The country of Origin is Australia. There has been no international travel since the application. I figured that would make life easier. Last contact from CIC was April 11 requesting Police Clearance but I'd already sent that in with my application.

You're in the timeframe for processing now. So next couple weeks I would expect.

Remind me of the PAs Country of Origin if you could? Also, any international travel, with the Country of Origin can cause delays with Security screenings.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi profiler. The country of Origin is Australia. There has been no international travel since the application. I figured that would make life easier. Last contact from CIC was April 11 requesting Police Clearance but I'd already sent that in with my application.
Previous travel before filing can slow up processing of Security checks. But, from Oz, I wouldn't expect much of a delay...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi folks, so I got medical request on Nov 10th. Was done on the Nov 13th. Medical results was received and passed on Nov 17th. I haven't heard anything after the results. Folks any idea what I shd expect next. I applied Dec 2016. AOR was Dec 20th. Processing started according to Ecas on Dec 19th
Thanks guys
They're processing November now. So probably no change for the next couple weeks. But, when it starts, it will be fast.

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
That would include one trip which took me to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii. I'd imagine all locations have pretty good relations with the Canadian government though. I believe I actually sent some photos of this trip in with my application as it was my honeymoon!

Previous travel before filing can slow up processing of Security checks. But, from Oz, I wouldn't expect much of a delay...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
That would include one trip which took me to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii. I'd imagine all locations have pretty good relations with the Canadian government though. I believe I actually sent some photos of this trip in with my application as it was my honeymoon!
You have a gift for the understated. Information sharing between those countries happens en masse. I don't expect any issue at all.

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
Uh-oh I did go to a fair share of places before my inland application maybe that's why my security check is taking so long? I haven't done anything wrong but I guess if they want to look at each and every place I have been to that would take quite some time :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Uh-oh I did go to a fair share of places before my inland application maybe that's why my security check is taking so long? I haven't done anything wrong but I guess if they want to look at each and every place I have been to that would take quite some time :(
It will cause a bit of a delay. However, the larger majority of the delay is due to excessive strain on the system (Asylum seekers and Refugees).

Hermanlau

Nov 28, 2017
Hi, everyone, hope you guys will have good news coming up...
My file was received on 2016-10-25,and I called last Friday and they said the files after 2016-10-20 has not been processed.
currently my status says background check in process, the eligibility has not started yet...so far, no AIP, no SP
Medical was received and succeeded in mid-September.
Is anyone in the same boat as me?
How long do I have to wait for the next step?
Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My file was received on 2016-10-25,and I called last Friday and they said the files after 2016-10-20 has not been processed.
currently my status says background check in process, the eligibility has not started yet...so far, no AIP, no SP
Thank you
You're in the right time line to see news soon. Try not to worry. When they do start, it will be fast.

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Thank you
The same is almost here. App. received on 2016-10-27, medical passed by mid September.
I called in today and it said the files after 2016-10-22 has not been processed. So, it looks like it is going :)