Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
@profiler
My MP responded, she said that everything is complete and they are only working on the background check which is done internally. She said they don't need any additional documents. I'm wondering how much longer we will have to wait now. I know they asked for the schedule A end of June when we got the AIP and SA we sent it to them right away around end of July it got attached to the file. Could that be the only thing they needed? and now its just sitting there?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello good people, I just got my landing letter, September 14!!!This waiting was long and I'm so happy it's finally over-almost! I just want to share my timeline:
I was out of status for a month when I applied
Aplication recived: AUG 19 2016
AOR recived: SEPT 19 2016
SA :AUG 15 2017
AIP:AUG 18 2017
DM:AUG 18 2017
LANDING LETTER: AUG 24 2017
LANDING: ETOBICOKE SEPTEMBER 14
Good luck everyone!
Congrats....time to plan the party!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks

I submitted my inland file on july 2016.. now after getting AIP . Do they gonna ask for mrdical again. ? Coz it is more than yaear
Probably. But you cannot do it until they ask for it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler
My MP responded, she said that everything is complete and they are only working on the background check which is done internally. She said they don't need any additional documents. I'm wondering how much longer we will have to wait now. I know they asked for the schedule A end of June when we got the AIP and SA we sent it to them right away around end of July it got attached to the file. Could that be the only thing they needed? and now its just sitting there?
If it's only the BG check, it shouldn't take too long. That said, I cannot give you an exact date.

Jaycritch

Jul 10, 2017
No, that's actually the normal order, first SA (in ECAS, it's shown as decision made on the sponsor side), then AIP, then DM (which will be shown as decision made on the principal applicant side in ECAS). The time between AIP and DM is variable, but according to the stats in the spreadsheet it's about 1/3 chance to get DM within 2 weeks after AIP; for others, the average was about 60 days the last time I checked.
Thank you

Reactions: sylvain1

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Hello friends, I got email from MyCIC last Friday that I have message. I checked and CIC is requesting for a copy of all pages of my sponsor's passport (Canadian passport). Does anyone know what this means or anyone experienced this before? We applied on November 2016. So far I only have AOR and nothing else.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello friends, I got email from MyCIC last Friday that I have message. I checked and CIC is requesting for a copy of all pages of my sponsor's passport (Canadian passport). Does anyone know what this means or anyone experienced this before? We applied on November 2016. So far I only have AOR and nothing else.
Well, if I was to guess, they probably want to know where your sponsor has traveled to. Did your questionnaire talk about your sponsor visiting you?

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Well, if I was to guess, they probably want to know where your sponsor has traveled to. Did your questionnaire talk about your sponsor visiting you?
We mentioned that we met in Canada and every travels were inside Canada. I was then living in Canada on a work permit

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We mentioned that we met in Canada and every travels were inside Canada. I was then living in Canada on a work permit
Then I have no idea why they would ask, sorry

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yeah!! It's kind of interesting. I was thinking maybe they want to find out if my sponsor is leaving with me in Canada.
That's fine -- sponsors who are citizens can leave Canada -- even sponsor from outside! But, they might be looking to make sure that they are still residing with you...

Reactions: Lashen

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
LANDED ;):):p:D

We have landed this morning smoothly. Again, thanks everyone in the forum.
The landing was a bit different than the ones mentioned in this forum. Firstly, we weren`t invited to the office where they usually do the landings in Montreal. I think this office was for citizenship exams. There were like 35-40 couples who had 8:30am appointment like us. A lady explained things about PR in both official languages (took like 7-8 mins). And then they started calling people. I couldn`t figure out in which order. It wasn`t alphabetic for sure. The landing part was same as everyone else`s. Three simple questions and then welcome to Canada. In total it took 1 hour.

Thanks again everybody. I wish good luck to everyone who`s still waiting. Hope to see you in 2 years in the citizenship forum ;) In the meantime I`ll keep following the forum (since it has become an addiction).

Arctic_cat

Aug 15, 2017

The landing was a bit different than the ones mentioned in this forum. Firstly, we weren`t invited to the office where they usually do the landings in Montreal. I think this office was for citizenship exams. There were like 35-40 couples who had 8:30am appointment like us. A lady explained things about PR in both official languages (took like 7-8 mins). And then they started calling people. I couldn`t figure out in which order. It wasn`t alphabetic for sure. The landing part was same as everyone else`s. Three simple questions and then welcome to Canada. In total it took 1 hour.

Thanks again everybody. I wish good luck to everyone who`s still waiting. Hope to see you in 2 years in the citizenship forum ;) In the meantime I`ll keep following the forum (since it has become an addiction).

Salute!! Where in montreal office u landed? My appointment is aug 30 at 9am 1010st-antoine!! Felicitations!!

Last edited:
Reactions: carolbb23

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017

congratulations.

Reactions: cenker