IELTS Request
No AIP
Med's Request
26-07-2017
Med's Done....
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2017
Hello! I received email this morning asking me for police clearance, the msg goes like this:

SINGAPORE POLICE CERTIFICATE
FOR CANADIAN IMMIGRATION
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must
complete/submit the following to this office:
LadyEnnui: Police Certificate from Singapore. An updated original Certificate of
Clearance from Singapore. This must be received at this office by: 2017/08/30
IMPORTANT: Please note that a Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction is not acceptable as
evidence that you do not have criminal convictions.
In order to obtain a Certificate of Clearance, please refer to CIC website www.cic.gc.ca for a list of
documents to be submitted to the Criminal Investigation Department of Singapore Police Force (SPF).
Submit a copy of this letter and the documents requested to the SPF at:
Head Criminal Records (CID)
COC Office
Police Cantonment Complex
Block D, #02-07/08
391 New Bridge Road
Singapore 088762
For non-Singapore citizen(s), please find a COC Appeal Application Form attached to this letter.
Please submit your Singapore police certificate(s) as soon as possible. Please quote your name, date
of birth and file number on the police certificate.

So I'm not sure if cic is asking me to submit 2 documents:
1. Police Certificate from Singapore.
2. An updated original Certificate of
Clearance from Singapore

Or are they just the same?

I tried attaching the application form for appeal for certificate of clearance here but I can't find the attach button.

skg26

Jun 6, 2017
Congrats!

You'd know long before now if CIC had any questions regarding your file. If they didn't send a procedural fairness letter, it's a positive result. We didn't get a DM letter until two days before landing. But two hours after DM in ECAS, we were sent a landing invite. So, don't be worried if it's delayed. If no procedural fairness letter, it's positive.
Hi... you were absolutely right... as usual :)

I suppose it's positive as I have received my landing interview request for August 8.

Just a quick question, I had applied for my Post-graduate work permit on June 26 but the application didn't move much. So, should I withdraw that application or wait till I attend the interview. I ask this because I'm unsure if they would ask me that if I have any other pending applications for temporary residence??
And if to withdraw, how to do that?

Also, I recently started working in a new position while waiting for my PGWP, but didn't get the time to update CIC about it. I'm wondering if I am supposed to inform them and should I do that at the landing interview?

Thanks in advance.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello! I received email this morning asking me for police clearance, the msg goes like this:

SINGAPORE POLICE CERTIFICATE
FOR CANADIAN IMMIGRATION
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must
complete/submit the following to this office:
LadyEnnui: Police Certificate from Singapore. An updated original Certificate of
Clearance from Singapore. This must be received at this office by: 2017/08/30
IMPORTANT: Please note that a Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction is not acceptable as
evidence that you do not have criminal convictions.
In order to obtain a Certificate of Clearance, please refer to CIC website www.cic.gc.ca for a list of
documents to be submitted to the Criminal Investigation Department of Singapore Police Force (SPF).
Submit a copy of this letter and the documents requested to the SPF at:
Head Criminal Records (CID)
COC Office
Police Cantonment Complex
Block D, #02-07/08
391 New Bridge Road
Singapore 088762
For non-Singapore citizen(s), please find a COC Appeal Application Form attached to this letter.
Please submit your Singapore police certificate(s) as soon as possible. Please quote your name, date
of birth and file number on the police certificate.

So I'm not sure if cic is asking me to submit 2 documents:
1. Police Certificate from Singapore.
2. An updated original Certificate of
Clearance from Singapore

Or are they just the same?

I tried attaching the application form for appeal for certificate of clearance here but I can't find the attach button.
My understanding is that they are the same.
did you checked that? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

I suppose it's positive as I have received my landing interview request for August 8.

Just a quick question, I had applied for my Post-graduate work permit on June 26 but the application didn't move much. So, should I withdraw that application or wait till I attend the interview. I ask this because I'm unsure if they would ask me that if I have any other pending applications for temporary residence??

Also, I recently started working in a new position while waiting for my PGWP, but didn't get the time to update CIC about it. I'm wondering if I am supposed to inform them and should I do that at the landing interview?

Thanks in advance.
I don't know if @profiler knows a better way, but you can withdraw using this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

I know your study permit allows you to work, but from the time you finished your degree, I'm not fully sure you still can use your study permit to work... so I would keep quiet the fact that you are currently working.

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Thanks in advance.
I would probably withdraw. You can get a refund, and the landing is only a week away...

and, @sylvain1 posted the same suggestion I would use.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@sylvain1 you may (or may not) recall our turtle discussion a month or two back...

Funny story for you: I was driving the missus to work. We were coming close to a river, and there was a pretty sizeable (15" shell, for sure) turtle, just wandering down the sidewalk away from the river. I needed to head home briefly before heading to work, and there it was, crossing the street! On my 3rd time passed, I can report, it was safely on the other side. By it's posture, I would guess it's full of babies (or egg-bound), and is heading to nest.. the area it had found would be ideal, at least for mom. It's close (<1000m) from the river.

Imagine, a city with at least 130,000 people, and a big turtle just, wandering down the road; stopping traffic...

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
@sylvain1 you may (or may not) recall our turtle discussion a month or two back...

Funny story for you: I was driving the missus to work. We were coming close to a river, and there was a pretty sizeable (15" shell, for sure) turtle, just wandering down the sidewalk away from the river. I needed to head home briefly before heading to work, and there it was, crossing the street! On my 3rd time passed, I can report, it was safely on the other side. By it's posture, I would guess it's full of babies (or egg-bound), and is heading to nest.. the area it had found would be ideal, at least for mom. It's close (<1000m) from the river.

Imagine, a city with at least 130,000 people, and a big turtle just, wandering down the road; stopping traffic...
Yes I remember, because I learned we also have turtles here. But I have yet to see one in the nature!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes I remember, because I learned we also have turtles here. But I have yet to see one in the nature!
It's weird, I know. But, they have adapted very well to city life. According to MNR (Ministry of Natural Resources; for future ref), traffic is the biggest threat to them. CBC ran a story earlier where they had some guest -- I suspect a herpetologist -- that explained all of this stuff. Even how to help them, if they are in harms way. I *almost* stopped to move it, but it was obvious the rest of traffic was noticing it's location, and was going around.

Apparently they ran another story: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/turtle-state-of-emergency-1.4190813

What I saw, was the same as the cover image.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Hi my dears,

Excuse me to ask for your help regarding different subject, as you are experts; in the IMM5669 / Education;
Kindly advise about the certificate type, as in the university stage i wrote Bachelor as a certificate type, but for primary and secondary education i don't know what to write as a certificate type,

One more thing is the field of study, thanks to give examples for clarification,

Thanks
On imm5669
If you are including kindergarten and high school , you are only awarded school leaving certificate, therefore you can only type same as awards designate.

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Phewww!!! Hey guys, just checked Ecas at work now and decision has been made on both sides in spouse and applicant columns. My spouse also received a letter of approval of sponsorship today. Checked cic website and there is a mail confirming my eligibility. No mail yet informing me of the outcome of their decision.

Technically submitted on September 7, 2016 as that was the day the received my application after it was initially returned to me. No procedural fairness letter. What next guys? I am cautiously elated.

Will do a couple of jumping Jack's when I get the letter informing me of their decision. I am extremely optimistic though. I am thankful to God and to you all for the comfort and guide you lot offered. Profiler, Sylvain, Browning, Carol b, and others to numerous to mention, you guys rock.

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
I just checked ECAS and it shows DM on both sides!!! Nothing`s changed on myCIC yet and there isn`t anything in my email.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi everyone

It's about 2 weeks since we saw DM for PA in ECAS and about 1 week since we got the letter saying processing is finished and we will be contacted by Kitchener office for the landing appointment

Do you think it's good to contact MP by now or should we wait a little bit more?

Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Phewww!!! Hey guys, just checked Ecas at work now and decision has been made on both sides in spouse and applicant columns. My spouse also received a letter of approval of sponsorship today. Checked cic website and there is a mail confirming my eligibility. No mail yet informing me of the outcome of their decision.

Technically submitted on September 7, 2016 as that was the day the received my application after it was initially returned to me. No procedural fairness letter. What next guys? I am cautiously elated.

Will do a couple of jumping Jack's when I get the letter informing me of their decision. I am extremely optimistic though. I am thankful to God and to you all for the comfort and guide you lot offered. Profiler, Sylvain, Browning, Carol b, and others to numerous to mention, you guys rock.
It's positive. Do your jumping jacks, then you will get a landing invitation, you will go there and land. 8-10wks later you will get a PR Card. Then you will be eligible to apply for citizenship in 2-3 yrs.