+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

MAG_SH

May 17, 2016
pedropil said:
Yes to be sure extend your TRV again at least a month before your status expires. Based on the posts here, the OWP process up to 120 days from the day CIC received it.
Thank you for your answer.
I called CIC again today. The agent told me that I don't need to extend my TRV again as I'm under the implied status.

MAG_SH

May 17, 2016
Muhannad_eng said:
my wife is very similar to ur case. we applied inland family sponsorship without owp. one week before her 6 months visitor stay expired, we call cic and they said she does not need to extend her visitor stay but she needs owp. cic said during 4 month waiting for owp my wife is considered implied status ( legal stay)

my wife got owp within 96 days
Thank you for your reply. I called CIC again today and it went through. The CIC agent told me that I don't have to extend my visa again as I'm under implied status. All I have to do is wait for the OWP. It's been 74 days since they received my OWP application. I may even get it before my TRV expires.

mnimmigrant2016

May 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ringlands said:
i haven't submitted medical either yet. havent got the OWP in the mail yet so dont know if there will be a clause stating about the health care work but not sure to what extreme they mean that for example could you be a receptionist in a health place or is it if you're a 'hands on' person like a nurse? dont think it would be as harsh to not let you work with food etc..?
Thanks, Ringlands! When you get yours, please share what you find out.

PRhopeful2014

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 06, 2016
AOR Received.
Jun-29-2016
browning911 said:
Maybe someone who submitted in June will answer. In the meantime, send a case specific enquiry on CIC website and see what they say. They will respond to you. Good luck!
Submitted that 2 weeks ago, did get a no help reply like the call center : Your app has not been entered or your info is wrong.

That is why this post to see if anyone else is successful with similar timelines.

PRhopeful2014

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 06, 2016
AOR Received.
Jun-29-2016
maria_mirabela said:
I'm a July applicant. I was able to link both my PR and OWP apps few days after I got the second AOR, with app number - for PR and passport number - for OWP...

Do you have your app number yet? (It comes with the 2nd AOR letter)? Or... Are you sure you imput the right data there?
Ok good to know there is some success out there and i should be able to link it.

We did get the App# starts with F. I tried every permutation and combination as per the drop down menu, no luck. Yup right data is being entered, still throws that error and I see no help in sight as Call center says contact tech team via web form and the answer from them is no help.

What is the Web link you go to?

Steps I do :

Login-->I agree to the terms and conditions, answer security questions if asked-->Account page-->Link an existing application to this account-->Select PR-->sub category-family class-spouses-->Then choose options

!
Do I enter applicant information or Sponsor information? I tried Applicant info till now.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
PRhopeful2014 said:
Ok good to know there is some success out there and i should be able to link it.

We did get the App# starts with F. I tried every permutation and combination as per the drop down menu, no luck. Yup right data is being entered, still throws that error and I see no help in sight as Call center says contact tech team via web form and the answer from them is no help.

What is the Web link you go to?

Steps I do :

Login-->I agree to the terms and conditions, answer security questions if asked-->Account page-->Link an existing application to this account-->Select PR-->sub category-family class-spouses-->Then choose options

!
Do I enter applicant information or Sponsor information? I tried Applicant info till now.
Applicant info, yes. Make sure you type 2 for persons in the application( you + sponsor)!

PRhopeful2014

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 06, 2016
AOR Received.
Jun-29-2016
maria_mirabela said:
Applicant info, yes. Make sure you type 2 for persons in the application( you + sponsor)!
Ok, I maybe tried that before, but will try that again. for now I am blocked for 24 hours : Number of Failed Registration Attempts Exceeded
!

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Congrats Ringlands..you are the one I was watching....3 weeks and counting ;)

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Hi every one

Please fill up this form is very important and in box share your thoughts,,,just write your comment( About Processing time Out-land/in land) or tell them to work hard to reduce processing /pass bill c-6 what ever you write better

www.liberal.ca/building-a-better-future-priorities-for-fall-2016/

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
PRhopeful2014 said:
Ok, I maybe tried that before, but will try that again. for now I am blocked for 24 hours : Number of Failed Registration Attempts Exceeded
!
i wouldnt worry, i just got approved for OWP today and still havent been able to link accounts but ive given up and it doesnt seem to matter as things still keep processing!

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Canad1anAl1en said:
Congrats Ringlands..you are the one I was watching....3 weeks and counting ;)
thanks canadianalien, no more checking my life away online. good luck to you, it'll be here soon :)

yeshmithra

Jul 25, 2016
Hi guys...

We have applied for our inland application on 05/05/2016 and received our AOR 1 & AOR 2 respectively. However, there isn't any news about the OWP and we can't link our paper application either ? What shall we do now ?

Need your advises.. Thank you !!!

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
yeshmithra said:
Hi guys...

We have applied for our inland application on 05/05/2016 and received our AOR 1 & AOR 2 respectively. However, there isn't any news about the OWP and we can't link our paper application either ? What shall we do now ?

Need your advises.. Thank you !!!
you can only officially ring CIC to chase/complain after 4 months so if you havent seen it by 5th September then you can call. I wouldnt worry too much about being able to link the applications, i have been approved OWP and still cant link my PR application to my OWP application online. we try to gather info on here to work out what/how CIC are processing things and although it seems to make sense to do things in order of when they were received it doesnt always seem that way. Just make sure you check sponsors and applicants emails for notifications including spam incase they go in there! but for the mean time all you can do is hold tight and wait for 5th September before you can do anything im afraid.