Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
i hear the regulations are indeed changing in Ontario and it will indeed cost you a good kidney and your arms and legs to pay for the training and get through the whole thing too.

I hope you find a CSR job soon, if not now...maybe when all the kiddos go back to school. As profiler said, desk job is great but it has it's issues too. ..Weight gain from lack of movement, eye strain from the computer all day

I don't need to get training, I have drove 18 wheelers for 40 years and used to be a trainer... its the cost of getting the license here and the fact that I really don't want to Drive Trucks ever again.. plus the passing the physical which is not easy to do,, ANDDDDD I WANNA KEEP MY GOOD KIDNEY, MY LEGS AND ARMS lololol

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you so much for your response. Good luck with your background check and I hope you get completed soon. I have some more questions for you -

1. On the CIC case specific enquiry, we can only upload documents less than 3.5 mb. So were you able to attach everything you submitted in that limit or what did you do ?? Can you keep uploading them back to back using 3.5 mb or you sent them by mail ??

We don't have a lease contract as my spouse owns the condo for last 7 years, long before we even met. But from the management building, we got the letter stating the names of people living in the condo and that includes my name. Do you think that is good enough ?

2. We have asked some friends to write letters stating that we see them often and we are an actual couple and they were also attendees at our wedding.

3. How soon did they get back to you saying that they have received additional documents ?? I hope they do that in practise.

So far I have planned on sending - my driver's license, letters to me from school and bank - all at our address proving our cohabitation. Me as beneficiary on my spouse's pension, life insurance, income tax return summary saying status as married and my name as spouse.

Is there anything else you can suggest or recommend or you did. I will really appreciate it.
1. Do not send multiple CSE. If you cannot fit with the 3.5 MB, send your proofs using courier. If you use courier, you may send a CSE mentioning the company used, the tracking number, and a brief list of what you are sending.
Send a proof he is the owner, the management list with both your names and a short letter explaining the condo was bought way before you knew each other.

2. Good, it's a plus.

3. You can expect about 45-60 days before they acknowledge they received your documents.

Your list of documents seems to be strong. You might also send a copy of your spouse driving licence in addition to yours, with both showing the same address.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
NO,I

No, It is not easy to get a hold of someone.
Does that mean that they didn't review the marriage certificate yet?
Not necessarily. What you heard from the automated message was what you would see on your mycic account. Unfortunately there are several people (including me) that reported that mycic was not updated.

For example, in our case, it was not updated until my wife landed. Despite having SA, AIP, DM and landing appointment, it was yet stating that they were reviewing her eligibility and her background checks...

So, the only way to know would be to talk to an agent (or even better, to receive your AIP and DM!!!).

Reactions: masouleht

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you so much for your response. Good luck with your background check and I hope you get completed soon. I have some more questions for you -

1. On the CIC case specific enquiry, we can only upload documents less than 3.5 mb. So were you able to attach everything you submitted in that limit or what did you do ?? Can you keep uploading them back to back using 3.5 mb or you sent them by mail ??

We don't have a lease contract as my spouse owns the condo for last 7 years, long before we even met. But from the management building, we got the letter stating the names of people living in the condo and that includes my name. Do you think that is good enough ?

2. We have asked some friends to write letters stating that we see them often and we are an actual couple and they were also attendees at our wedding.

3. How soon did they get back to you saying that they have received additional documents ?? I hope they do that in practise.

So far I have planned on sending - my driver's license, letters to me from school and bank - all at our address proving our cohabitation. Me as beneficiary on my spouse's pension, life insurance, income tax return summary saying status as married and my name as spouse.

Is there anything else you can suggest or recommend or you did. I will really appreciate it.

1. Do not send multiple CSE. If you cannot fit with the 3.5 MB, send your proofs using courier. If you use courier, you may send a CSE mentioning the company used, the tracking number, and a brief list of what you are sending.
Send a proof he is the owner, the management list with both your names and a short letter explaining the condo was bought way before you knew each other.

2. Good, it's a plus.

3. You can expect about 45-60 days before they acknowledge they received your documents.

Your list of documents seems to be strong. You might also send a copy of your spouse driving licence in addition to yours, with both showing the same address.
If you have scanned the images to PDF, you can reduce the quality on the PDF to save file space. You can also merge multiple PDF's into one file for submission. If you think you will have too much, and won't be able to reduce the size, then just courier a package, and send a CSE with the courier name and the tracking number (so they know you have responded).

Futurism

Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-07-2017
LANDED..........
25-07-2017
Hi guys,
So just wanted to ask a question....
My landing apt in Vancouver was changed because my sponsor didn't have valid id ( Cic said he had to have it) It figures we go to renew his id the day before I got the landing interview email. And icbc keeps your old id and you have to wait for it in the mail. Then icbc screwed up the spelling of his name and we had to go again to verify his identity. Murphy's law lol. So now Cic told me I can wait for them to come to my area (Kelowna) in September. Now they are saying the trip to Kelowna might be cancelled and I'll still need to go to Vancouver. It's crazy that nothing is going smoothly lol, my question is about Vancouver...I've never been there and hear it's crazy busy. Anyone landed at the Hornby location? Tips for survival in Vancouver? Maybe it's not that bad just don't know what to expect, any input would be appreciated
Hi,

Landed at the Hornby office today. I can't say it is crazy busy, considering my landing appointment was only 4 business days after I got DM. There were around 10 people in front of us. But it went pretty smoothly. I think we waited for 25 mins until our names got called and then the interview took about 15 mins (the agent REALLY liked to chat about random stuff though, so normally it would just take 5 mins). Nothing to be scared of. No trick questions or anything that'll stress you out. The agent who took care of us was incredibly funny and sweet.

Hope you have a great landing!

Ealaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Kelowna bc
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Veg
App. Filed.......
Aud 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016 fingerprints
Med's Request
April 2017
Med's Done....
May 26 2017
Hi,

Landed at the Hornby office today. I can't say it is crazy busy, considering my landing appointment was only 4 business days after I got DM. There were around 10 people in front of us. But it went pretty smoothly. I think we waited for 25 mins until our names got called and then the interview took about 15 mins (the agent REALLY liked to chat about random stuff though, so normally it would just take 5 mins). Nothing to be scared of. No trick questions or anything that'll stress you out. The agent who took care of us was incredibly funny and sweet.

Hope you have a great landing!
Hello, thx for the reply. That's all great info! Congrats on your landing! Were you able to find parking easily? Family is telling me not to drive into downtown, they says it's confusing and jam packed with ppl. Lol they are making me worried. I drove from Arizona to Kelowna in the middle of winter so I think I'll be fine lol.

Futurism

Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-07-2017
LANDED..........
25-07-2017
Hello, thx for the reply. That's all great info! Congrats on your landing! Were you able to find parking easily? Family is telling me not to drive into downtown, they says it's confusing and jam packed with ppl. Lol they are making me worried. I drove from Arizona to Kelowna in the middle of winter so I think I'll be fine lol.
Yeah parking spot is always a problem in downtown Vancouver. I didn't drive today but I was talking to Kristina who is also a member of this forum and landed at Hornby last week as well. She said the most stressful part of the interview was to find a parking spot! So arrive early! I'd suggest start looking for a parking spot 45 mins prior to your interview to avoid stress. Well, if you find it right away and you still have 40 mins, then just go get a coffee or something :)

Ealaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Kelowna bc
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Veg
App. Filed.......
Aud 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016 fingerprints
Med's Request
April 2017
Med's Done....
May 26 2017
Yeah parking spot is always a problem in downtown Vancouver. I didn't drive today but I was talking to Kristina who is also a member of this forum and landed at Hornby last week as well. She said the most stressful part of the interview was to find a parking spot! So arrive early! I'd suggest start looking for a parking spot 45 mins prior to your interview to avoid stress. Well, if you find it right away and you still have 40 mins, then just go get a coffee or something :)
Thx again for the info, I will make sure to go early...that's one apt I don't want to be late for lol.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
My drive? as in my commute? 4km
Or do you mean my ride (what I drive) -- in that case a bitchin' blacked out charger (that I have been repeatedly told looks like a police car)
Ya I meant the car you drive, how old ? Still going strong? I have this faith on Japanese cars (read Touota )

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ya I meant the car you drive, how old ? Still going strong? I have this faith on Japanese cars (read Touota )
I bought the car at 2 yrs old in 2010 (it's a 2008). I have had it since. Outside of routine maintenance, it hasn't had much in the way of problems -- if you factor in the 212,000kms on it. In terms of strength -- I am happy to race you on a track to find out :).

This model and year is when Daimler-Mercedes was running the show at Chrysler. I have never had a car that felt so comfortable to drive at 160km/h that it does at 20km/h. Scary that you don't even notice how fast you are really going. In fact -- I have to be careful, as 160 creeps up REALLY FAST!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.