Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Dear friends
I called them right now and they say your medical and criminality eligibility passed but we checking security eligibility
So anyone knows what does mean security check?
Thank you
Security is not the same as Criminality (They use the PCC for this). Security is where Canada's intelligence community digs into your past, with the assistance of their worldwide partners to verify you're not a threat to Canada. They are looking for things like: attempts or successes in subverting other governments, organized crime, crimes against humanity (war crimes), etc.

Generally, for most people, this is not an issue, and just takes time for the intelligence community to build it's assessment of you.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I had about an hour to spare today, so for shits and giggles...I decided to call CIC just to see what they will say about the PR card and the expected date since i kind of remember them saying 8-10..or 6-8..something like that ...

Anyway...that's exactly what the information was...shits and giggles...o_O

Agent:" did they send you a request for new photos or anything?"
Me: "No", but if they did wouldn't you be able to see that there?"

Agent:" OK i see they have approved the card to go to production, so as soon as they finish with production they will mail it out so I will say another 2-4 weeks maybe???"
Me: " ohhhhhhkayyyy"

I just said thank you and went on my way.. ....but LOL! :oops: Definitely ain't booking wegas until it gets here...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I had about an hour to spare today, so for shits and giggles...I decided to call CIC just to see what they will say about the PR card and the expected date since i kind of remember them saying 8-10..or 6-8..something like that ...

Anyway...that's exactly what the information was...shits and giggles...o_O

Agent:" did they send you a request for new photos or anything?"
Me: "No", but if they did wouldn't you be able to see that there?"

Agent:" OK i see they have approved the card to go to production, so as soon as they finish with production they will mail it out so I will say another 2-4 weeks maybe???"
Me: " ohhhhhhkayyyy"

I just said thank you and went on my way.. ....but LOL! :oops: Definitely ain't booking wegas until it gets here...
Seems like an awful lot of fecal matter... are you sure there is no monkeys? I don't want it flung at me...

Last edited:

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
@profiler me again :):):)

Is it normal that we got DM on ECAS and MyCIC still says "we're reviewing whether you meet the eligibility criteria" and "we're processing your background check"?
Yes, for my wife, mycic was updated only after landing. So, no stress!

Fatih123

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Security is not the same as Criminality (They use the PCC for this). Security is where Canada's intelligence community digs into your past, with the assistance of their worldwide partners to verify you're not a threat to Canada. They are looking for things like: attempts or successes in subverting other governments, organized crime, crimes against humanity (war crimes), etc.

Generally, for most people, this is not an issue, and just takes time for the intelligence community to build it's assessment of you.
Thank you

Reactions: profiler

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Same happened to my wife. Her father passed in March and she didn't leave as she was on a visitor visa and got concerned about not coming back. They definitely should put a rule saying that in case of death of a direct relative they should guarantee re-entry.
I agree totally, there should be an exception to the rule in those cases.
So sorry for your wife's loss. I lost my Dad in April, still very painful, I should have been there.

Fatih123

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Dear friends
And I forgot to say one more things.i asked them for explanation letter about passport they told me still it hasn't been attach to your file so do you know how long it will take to attach my file?and I Sent it jun 26
Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Dear friends
And I forgot to say one more things.i asked them for explanation letter about passport they told me still it hasn't been attach to your file so do you know how long it will take to attach my file?and I Sent it jun 26
Thank you
45 - 60 days is the average lately.

Reactions: sylvain1

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
He was born tongue-tied...apparently common. So he only had a few days of real learning to feed before this... Maybe two weeks..

No she pumped. But a bottle does not equal a breast... Annnd...well... When the diaper isn't full, and the food isn't being consumed, and the walking around or burping isn't working... Time for the car!

Ya we put about 400km on the car from about 1:30-2am to 5:30-6. They let us sneak into the ward at the hospital for 7 so she could breastfeed...but man... I was beat and can't hear babies scream anymore. Deaf to it..
#AwesomeDad

I hope you tell LilProf the stories of when he was a baby.

Reactions: KandyK and profiler