+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship | Dual Citizen | Thai | Filipino | Manila or Singapore VOC?

ccastillo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN-05-2015
Doc's Request.
AUG-04-2015
AOR Received.
MAR-11-2015 AOR2 Received: APR-16-2015
File Transfer...
MAR-15-2015 In Process: AUG-06-2015 Decision Made: SEPT-22-2015
Med's Request
OCT-29-2014 (Upfront)
Med's Done....
AUG-21-2015 (Re-Medical)
Passport Req..
SEPT-10-2015 | SENT SEPT 11 2015
VISA ISSUED...
SEPT-28-2015
LANDED..........
OCT 11-2015
I hope someone can help me with my concern. Thanks!

-My Spouse and I just got married last June 2014
-As i prepare for all the documents for the Spousal Sponsorship, i have come up with these concerns:
-My Husband is half-thai and half filipino. His Mother is a Filipina while his dad is a Thai. He holds both citizenship and have a Philippine and Thailand Passport.
-He is now residing and working on Thailand and have been there for almost a year.
-In which Visa Center should we process our application? Should it be in Manila or in Singapore?
-Actually as i have read on some forums, Manila Visa Centers have a much faster processing than on Singapore. So i am already eyeing to pass it on Manila.
-But will Manila Visa Center accepts Medical from a Panel Physician from Thailand? or should the medical take place only in Manila?
-Another thing is my husband has a dependent child but in full custody of the mother. Will it be a conflict if the medical of the dependent child will take place in Manila while the medical of my husband will be in Thailand?

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
ccastillo said:
-But will Manila Visa Center accepts Medical from a Panel Physician from Thailand? or should the medical take place only in Manila?
-Another thing is my husband has a dependent child but in full custody of the mother. Will it be a conflict if the medical of the dependent child will take place in Manila while the medical of my husband will be in Thailand?
As long as the physician is an accepted approved Panel Physician that CIC recognizes as there will not be any problem with the medical(s)

ccastillo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN-05-2015
Doc's Request.
AUG-04-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
OCT-29-2014 (Upfront)
Med's Done....
AUG-21-2015 (Re-Medical)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
SEPT-28-2015
LANDED..........
OCT 11-2015
Thanks Christoph!

We have done all the necessary requirements from medicals to police clearance for Thailand and Philippines.

I have another question if you don't mind. He is now residing in Thailand for almost a year so we have decided to indicate his residential address on his Thailand Address. Would there be any conflict if we choose Manila VO to process our papers instead of Singapore? Are we the deciding power who to choose which Visa Office? I am very hesistant to choose Singapore since the processing time is just too long!

Since Thailand doesn't recognized dual-citizenship.. I think his citizenship will be automatic as a Thai National only. Am i correct? that makes his application considered under South East Asia and Pacific (Singapore)

Back in the Philippines, they said that as long as you have a Philippine Passport you are considered as a Filipino. Since they are not that tight about the citizenship and they don't have a National Identity ID unlike in Thailand.

CIC Also indicates that:
You must select the visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year.

So does it really mean that Singapore is the only VO that we have to indicate?

Let me know your insight.

Thanks!!

james2064

Nov 23, 2014
Hello,

I am sponsoring a thai wife residing in Cyprus. There is a new IMM0008 generic application form for November 2014 but it does not have the previous question 4 asking which office you want the application to be processed in.

So where do we write where we want the application to be sent?

james2064

Nov 23, 2014
In reply to your question yes you can choose which office it can be processed in as long as he has a visa granted to him with permission to live in that country for at least 12 months. He is a filipino citizen so you can choose the Manila office even though he lives in Thailand.

'You must select the visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year.'

My wife is Thai but lives in Cyprus so we would like to use the visa office associated with Cyprus.

The problem is with the new IMM0008 form for November 2014 there is nowhere to write what office we want anymore. It used to be question 4 in old versions of the form. Help needed please.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
james2064 said:
In reply to your question yes you can choose which office it can be processed in as long as he has a visa granted to him with permission to live in that country for at least 12 months. He is a filipino citizen so you can choose the Manila office even though he lives in Thailand.

'You must select the visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year.'

My wife is Thai but lives in Cyprus so we would like to use the visa office associated with Cyprus.

The problem is with the new IMM0008 form for November 2014 there is nowhere to write what office we want anymore. It used to be question 4 in old versions of the form. Help needed please.
Already answered in your other threads.

james2064

Nov 23, 2014
It is confusing because they still state on the website that we must say what visa office we want it processed in. I can't find the email address for CIC Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
james2064 said:
It is confusing because they still state on the website that we must say what visa office we want it processed in. I can't find the email address for CIC Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario.
The CIC website is not always consistent. You should treat the official "application package, including guides" as the definitive reference.

ccastillo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN-05-2015
Doc's Request.
AUG-04-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
OCT-29-2014 (Upfront)
Med's Done....
AUG-21-2015 (Re-Medical)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
SEPT-28-2015
LANDED..........
OCT 11-2015
james2064 said:

I just downloaded the updated IMM 008 (11-2014) and you are right there is nowhere we can indicated the visa office that will process our papers anymore. But they have updated all the document checklist also specifically for all countries and they will sent out the updated checklist to all those who are affected.

Well, right now the only way that we can show them where we want to process our paper is by including in our package the specific visa office instruction that are we going to follow. But im not really sure about this yet and will try to look for some other opinions too.

With these new update i think this gives them a bigger decision power on where the application should be process.

james2064

Nov 23, 2014
Good news that you will use the new form, I was lucky to find it also. This should stop our applications being returned or being slowed down. I sent you a PM also.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
This new form could be the beginning of CIC possibly streamlining and possibly having the process speed up. (wishful thinking )
By not having the requested VO anymore on it. CIC may be implementing that any VO can process applications from any country. It could help delays possibly by allowing VO's world wide to share the work load regardless of country of current residence and or citizenship of an applicant.. IE: I think it was Australian apps that are/were being processed in Ottawa or Mississauga do to work load amounts being high in AU.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
ccastillo said:
Thanks Christoph!

I have another question if you don't mind. He is now residing in Thailand for almost a year so we have decided to indicate his residential address on his Thailand Address. Would there be any conflict if we choose Manila VO to process our papers instead of Singapore? Are we the deciding power who to choose which Visa Office? I am very hesistant to choose Singapore since the processing time is just too long!

Since Thailand doesn't recognized dual-citizenship.. I think his citizenship will be automatic as a Thai National only. Am i correct? that makes his application considered under South East Asia and Pacific (Singapore)

Back in the Philippines, they said that as long as you have a Philippine Passport you are considered as a Filipino. Since they are not that tight about the citizenship and they don't have a National Identity ID unlike in Thailand.

CIC Also indicates that:
You must select the visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year.

So does it really mean that Singapore is the only VO that we have to indicate?

Let me know your insight.

Thanks!!
First of all unless you husband has a Thai identity citizenship card he would not be considered Thai he would actually be considered only a resident of Thailand. He is Filipino as that is his place of birth.

My wife has been a resident of Thailand now for around 8yrs she is not considered a Thai citizen she herself is also a Filipino as is your husband.

Check your documents and download again form IMM0008 if you have not sent your application yet. I have heard it is changed and that actual part of the application requesting the Visa office is no longer on that form.

Chris.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Christoph100 said:
First of all unless you husband has a Thai identity citizenship card he would not be considered Thai he would actually be considered only a resident of Thailand. He is Filipino as that is his place of birth.

My wife has been a resident of Thailand now for around 8yrs she is not considered a Thai citizen she herself is also a Filipino as is your husband.

Check your documents and download again form IMM0008 if you have not sent your application yet. I have heard it is changed and that actual part of the application requesting the Visa office is no longer on that form.

Chris.
her husband holds both passport thai and filipino

ccastillo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN-05-2015
Doc's Request.
AUG-04-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
OCT-29-2014 (Upfront)
Med's Done....
AUG-21-2015 (Re-Medical)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
SEPT-28-2015
LANDED..........
OCT 11-2015
Christoph100 said:

Chris.
Just to give you a brief intro about our situation:

I am sponsoring my Filipino-Thai Husband now residing in Thailand. He acquire his dual-citizenship since he is a son of a Filipina-Mother and a Thai-National Father. He was born in Saudi Arabia, KSA in 1986. His birth certificate is both registered in the Philippines and in Thailand. He obtains his Philippine Passport when he was brought home to the Philippines to pursue his studies and live there. Year 2013, he decided to go to Thailand to re-announce his Thai Nationality and was able to acquire his Thailand Passport after he gain his National Identity ID/Resident ID. Now, he holds both passport of each country and he is now staying and working in Thailand for almost a year.

But we have read in Thailand Immigration that Thailand doesn’t recognized dual-citizenship, so if he is in Thailand he is only considered as a Thai and not a Filipino. We went to a Philippine Embassy in Bangkok to inquire about his citizenship but nobody can help us regarding our situation. The authorities in the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok told us that as long as he has a Philippine Passport he is still considered as a Filipino. So I am still confused on which visa office should our application should be process for us to know which specific visa instruction guide we will follow.

-If he is still considered as a Filipino his application will still be acceptable in the Manila Visa Office?
-Or since he is now residing in Thailand, should the application be process in Singapore?

Our first choice will be Manila since the processing time is much shorter. We just wanted to make sure if Manila Visa Office will accept it even if he is now residing in Thailand. Since the updated forms would not require us to indicate which visa office, i think it is still important to know which visa office who will process it since we still need to include the specific country visa instruction guide.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ccastillo said:
Just to give you a brief intro about our situation:

I am sponsoring my Filipino-Thai Husband now residing in Thailand. He acquire his dual-citizenship since he is a son of a Filipina-Mother and a Thai-National Father. He was born in Saudi Arabia, KSA in 1986. His birth certificate is both registered in the Philippines and in Thailand. He obtains his Philippine Passport when he was brought home to the Philippines to pursue his studies and live there. Year 2013, he decided to go to Thailand to re-announce his Thai Nationality and was able to acquire his Thailand Passport after he gain his National Identity ID/Resident ID. Now, he holds both passport of each country and he is now staying and working in Thailand for almost a year.

But we have read in Thailand Immigration that Thailand doesn't recognized dual-citizenship, so if he is in Thailand he is only considered as a Thai and not a Filipino. We went to a Philippine Embassy in Bangkok to inquire about his citizenship but nobody can help us regarding our situation. The authorities in the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok told us that as long as he has a Philippine Passport he is still considered as a Filipino. So I am still confused on which visa office should our application should be process for us to know which specific visa instruction guide we will follow.

-If he is still considered as a Filipino his application will still be acceptable in the Manila Visa Office?
-Or since he is now residing in Thailand, should the application be process in Singapore?

Our first choice will be Manila since the processing time is much shorter. We just wanted to make sure if Manila Visa Office will accept it even if he is now residing in Thailand. Since the updated forms would not require us to indicate which visa office, i think it is still important to know which visa office who will process it since we still need to include the specific country visa instruction guide.
The instructions clearly state in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Part 3: Information guides
Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below.
It doesn't matter where the application is being processed.