JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Something is better than nothing. Frankly I don't see these changes helping those with applications outside of Canada. All of these announced changes improve processing of everything inside Canada. Pilot projects are not going to affect our applications almost due for approval. Best we can hope for is perhaps IRCC encouraging agents to speed up or look over some things normally scrutinized by the book. Wishful thinking on my part.

Reactions: Gtiffen

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Something is better than nothing. Frankly I don't see these changes helping those with applications outside of Canada. All of these announced changes improve processing of everything inside Canada. Pilot projects are not going to affect our applications almost due for approval. Best we can hope for is perhaps IRCC encouraging agents to speed up or look over some things normally scrutinized by the book. Wishful thinking on my part.
I’m with you on this one....I had the same thoughts when I read the article. I keep hoping that the fact that VFSGlobal just opened again this week in Colombia means our applications will finally get actioned and hopefully finished soon. But maybe this bigger push will actually help who knows

Reactions: JohnnyToronto
Sep 29, 2020
Hi there. My husband and I sent the application for his PR in August. We received the email confirming they received the application. We are applying inland (from Canada). Hoping to connect with some others from Colombia.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hi there. My husband and I sent the application for his PR in August. We received the email confirming they received the application. We are applying inland (from Canada). Hoping to connect with some others from Colombia.
Welcome. Many here active with 2019 apps. Tomorrow is our 12 month 'anniversary' since applying. Hoped to have been together by now. COVID has made life so hard for everyone going through this process to prolong everything with no updates or progress. Misery loves company, you're in good company :)

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
After being transferred, how long does it take to receive aor2?

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Welcome. Many here active with 2019 apps. Tomorrow is our 12 month 'anniversary' since applying. Hoped to have been together by now. COVID has made life so hard for everyone going through this process to prolong everything with no updates or progress. Misery loves company, you're in good company :)
Great news to report. My wife in Colombia received her passport request this afternoon. Almost 12 months to the day (Sept 30 was the 1 year anniversary of submission). Now she will get the photos done and sent to the embassy. Fingers crossed they send it back fast and we get final decision.

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Great news to report. My wife in Colombia received her passport request this afternoon. Almost 12 months to the day (Sept 30 was the 1 year anniversary of submission). Now she will get the photos done and sent to the embassy. Fingers crossed they send it back fast and we get final decision.
AMAZING NEWS JOHN!!!!! Congrats to you and your wife!!! that gives me hope as well!

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
AMAZING NEWS JOHN!!!!! Congracts to you and your wife!!! that gives me hope as well!
Yes Garth, it's great news for everyone wondering or hoping they are working in Bogota again. We all have similar timelines so hoping we all get some good news close to each other.

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
Congrats!!

albertan2019

Star Member
May 29, 2019
excellent news, congratulation to both of you, I have not heard anything since they transferred the file to Bogota VO, one of the worst in the world

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Congratulations!!!!

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
My timeline was about a month and a half to get AOR2 and we didn't get notice, Just looked on ECAS and had the date. Moved Nov 26, date rec'd (AOR2) Jan 17.
Omg 2 months is too long to get aor2 my file was moved there last week. I'm just waiting for an interview.