JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hey everyone! I’m in Canada and my wife is in Bogotá...we just the notice on January 7th saying our application had been forwarded to the Bogotá VO. Ive been searching the threads, and I’m also looking for updated info on other peoples general experiences this VO, and rough processing times once we get AOR2...and for that matter, how long does it normally take for the file to get there? Thanks everyone:)
Although it's not much more info to you, my researching in trying to find out similar info as you, it seems as though once the Bogota VO receives the app, this is the longest waiting period of the process as this is where most of the work is carried out. It's unnerving to not get a follow up when it's received in Bogota. I'm giving it til the end of the month before considering a follow up call to Bogota to inquire.

Good luck to you. I'll be going back in March to visit my wife.

Reactions: Gtiffen

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Although it's not much more info to you, my researching in trying to find out similar info as you, it seems as though once the Bogota VO receives the app, this is the longest waiting period of the process as this is where most of the work is carried out. It's unnerving to not get a follow up when it's received in Bogota. I'm giving it til the end of the month before considering a follow up call to Bogota to inquire.

Good luck to you. I'll be going back in March to visit my wife.
Thanks for the response! Interestingly it looks like your current application is in the same state as ours, ...we also got the request for bio, and Police check, but no request for medical, which it looks like most everyone has gotten. I guess that will come. I’m heading to Bogotá next week to see my wife, and hoping we will have more communication from the VO by then, but not counting on it...just hoping I’ll be able to bring her back to Edmonton in the spring or summer....Winter is going to be a shock to her system lol, but the sooner the better in any event!

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Thanks for the response! Interestingly it looks like your current application is in the same state as ours, ...we also got the request for bio, and Police check, but no request for medical, which it looks like most everyone has gotten. I guess that will come. I’m heading to Bogotá next week to see my wife, and hoping we will have more communication from the VO by then, but not counting on it...just hoping I’ll be able to bring her back to Edmonton in the spring or summer....Winter is going to be a shock to her system lol, but the sooner the better in any event!
Ya we got the bio request and police check right away and sent it in. Then got the message about sending to Bogota but nothing since end of November.
Our 12 months hits end of September 2020. If it goes well she'll be here just in time for the snow to fall. That excitement won't last long :)
We haven't received request for medical yet.
Have a safe trip.
Please update us on any status changes
Cheers

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Ya we got the bio request and police check right away and sent it in. Then got the message about sending to Bogota but nothing since end of November.
Our 12 months hits end of September 2020. If it goes well she'll be here just in time for the snow to fall. That excitement won't last long :)
We haven't received request for medical yet.
Have a safe trip.
Please update us on any status changes
Cheers
Thanks will do, and you too!!

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Thanks will do, and you too!!
So I decided to log into the ECAS site which I haven't looked at since linking the application to the GCkey.
It lists the date it was received in Sydney Sept 30/19, but the next line notes what looks like the date it was received at the Bogota VO as January 17th (I got the notice of movement on Nov 29/2019)
"We started processing your application on January 17, 2020"
At least there's a date assigned and they have it in Bogota. I was stressing over no AOR2 notice. Now, more waiting.

albertan2019

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hey everyone! I’m in Canada and my wife is in Bogotá...we just the notice on January 7th saying our application had been forwarded to the Bogotá VO. Ive been searching the threads, and I’m also looking for updated info on other peoples general experiences this VO, and rough processing times once we get AOR2...and for that matter, how long does it normally take for the file to get there? Thanks everyone:)
Hi, my experience with Bogota VO is not the best, really slow VO and zero communication and updates, please let me know if your App moved since January.

Thanks

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Hi, my experience with Bogota VO is not the best, really slow VO and zero communication and updates, please let me know if your App moved since January.

Thanks
Hey thanks for the response! not surprised to hear this honestly....my application just changed this week in status from "application received" to "In process". So i'm happy its moving along now at least (We had to submit some additional documents so apparently they were received lol)...anyway as we've already done the biometrics and police check, i'm assuming next up is medical check. ...but yeah its Colombia so i'm not assuming this will be a fast process, lol

albertan2019

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hey thanks for the response! not surprised to hear this honestly....my application just changed this week in status from "application received" to "In process". So i'm happy its moving along now at least (We had to submit some additional documents so apparently they were received lol)...anyway as we've already done the biometrics and police check, i'm assuming next up is medical check. ...but yeah its Colombia so i'm not assuming this will be a fast process, lol
if you don't mind what's your timeline?

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
if you don't mind what's your timeline?
No worries, here is my rough timeline (and as I’ve got a representative handling our application, the more recent notes are just what I’m seeing in Ecas)

Application received: November 25th
AOR1: December 12th
Request for Biometrics: December 27th,
Biometrics done: January 3rd
SA: Dec 30th
Request for Police certificate received: January 2nd
Police certificate done: January 6th
Transferred to Bogotá visa office: January 7th
Request for more documents received: January 20th -30 day deadline (completed mid February, but no acknowledgement of reciept of said docs received)
Ecas status changed to In Process: February 26th, with a note say “we started processing your application Feb 26th etc”..so I’m assuming they got the additional docs in time

so basically we are waiting on the medical request, and the results of the background check, which I’m assuming they have started?

albertan2019

Star Member
May 29, 2019
No worries, here is my rough timeline (and as I’ve got a representative handling our application, the more recent notes are just what I’m seeing in Ecas)

Application received: November 25th
AOR1: December 12th
Request for Biometrics: December 27th,
Biometrics done: January 3rd
SA: Dec 30th
Request for Police certificate received: January 2nd
Police certificate done: January 6th
Transferred to Bogotá visa office: January 7th
Request for more documents received: January 20th -30 day deadline (completed mid February, but no acknowledgement of reciept of said docs received)
Ecas status changed to In Process: February 26th, with a note say “we started processing your application Feb 26th etc”..so I’m assuming they got the additional docs in time

so basically we are waiting on the medical request, and the results of the background check, which I’m assuming they have started?
Thanks!!
The Canadian part of the process is pretty fast, Bogota VO is the road block, as per my experience you will never get updates from BogVO about the police check, what company did you use for the police check? G4S or Omnitempus?
Thanks

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Same here. Lots of wondering and the GCkey status of "we need more information " not updating was daunting but it progressed to us getting the medical request on the weekend to keep moving forward.
I assume that these advancements mean that they get to a point where they check off the box to keep going to the next phase. Patience is a virtue and it gets tested through this process.

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Thanks!!
The Canadian part of the process is pretty fast, Bogota VO is the road block, as per my experience you will never get updates from BogVO about the police check, what company did you use for the police check? G4S or Omnitempus?
Thanks
We used G4S...and at first one of the additional documents they requested was a PAPER copy of the PC, which you likely know is not how it’s done in Colombia, so that lead to some serious stress until my guy sorted it out for us. But yeah eventually they accepted the digital copy (as they should have at the start) and all was well, lol...now it’s just more “hurry up and wait”

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
Time line app July 2019, waiting for DM/PPR

• File sent 27-06-2019
  • File received date 04-07-2019
  • Ecas says in process 27-08-2019
  • Application linked in GcKey 27-08-2019
  • AOR1 27-08-2019
  • BGC in process 27-08-2019
  • Biometrics requested 27-08-2019
  • Sponsor approval 28-08-2019
  • Biometrics done 29-08-2019
  • Instructions letter CSQ 30-08-2019
  • File transfered to Bogota VO 30-08-2019
  • File sent to MIDI 01-09-2019
  • AOR2 02-09-2019 in ECAS
  • File received at MIDI 04-09-2019
  • PCC requested 10-09-2019
  • PCC paid 11-09-2019
  • PCC sent to IRCC 13-09-2019
  • AOR Quebec and CSQ paid 17-09-2019
  • Medical requested 28-01-2020
  • Pre- arrival letter 28-01-2020
  • Add doc & CSQ requested 28-01-2020
  • CSQ received 05-02-2020
  • Medical done 10-02-2020
  • Add doc and CSQ sent 10-02-2020
  • Medical passed 12-02-2020

Reactions: JohnnyToronto

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Time line app July 2019, waiting for DM/PPR

• File sent 27-06-2019
  • File received date 04-07-2019
  • Ecas says in process 27-08-2019
  • Application linked in GcKey 27-08-2019
  • AOR1 27-08-2019
  • BGC in process 27-08-2019
  • Biometrics requested 27-08-2019
  • Sponsor approval 28-08-2019
  • Biometrics done 29-08-2019
  • Instructions letter CSQ 30-08-2019
  • File transfered to Bogota VO 30-08-2019
  • File sent to MIDI 01-09-2019
  • AOR2 02-09-2019 in ECAS
  • File received at MIDI 04-09-2019
  • PCC requested 10-09-2019
  • PCC paid 11-09-2019
  • PCC sent to IRCC 13-09-2019
  • AOR Quebec and CSQ paid 17-09-2019
  • Medical requested 28-01-2020
  • Pre- arrival letter 28-01-2020
  • Add doc & CSQ requested 28-01-2020
  • CSQ received 05-02-2020
  • Medical done 10-02-2020
  • Add doc and CSQ sent 10-02-2020
  • Medical passed 12-02-2020
Hola Ana,

I see that you got your medical done in February. They communicated that you passed status 2 days later? Can I ask what city it was done in?
My wife just did hers today in Bogota and the past timelines I see is approx. 10 days for the results to be reported. They gave her a copy of the results and there doesn't seem to be any issues but wonder how long it takes to be recognized and on file with the VO.
Thanks in advance!

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
Hola Ana,

I see that you got your medical done in February. They communicated that you passed status 2 days later? Can I ask what city it was done in?
My wife just did hers today in Bogota and the past timelines I see is approx. 10 days for the results to be reported. They gave her a copy of the results and there doesn't seem to be any issues but wonder how long it takes to be recognized and on file with the VO.
Thanks in advance!
Hello!

I took the exams in Bogota on February 10, they sent them to the embassy on the 11th and 12th approved in GcKey