Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
24-01-2015/Aor2 27-02-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
So something change on my ecas! not so great news but still maybe they started working on my app.
it says Medical results have been received.

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
AWESOME! I'm sure that means they are working on it! Maybe that means you'll receive the notes you ordered soon!! ;D....

You know what's weird and i really don't know if i should worry or not is I have never been able to access ECAS. I just stopped trying cause it never worked, and ive tried with all posible information and nada. A lot of people have said their status doesn't change or anything so it's not important, but in your case it gave you info.... hmmmm, what do u think? Should i worry?

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
hope to get something like in process in the next few days it would be great! i'll keep you posted.

I don't think there's nothing to worry about but have you tried with both your UCI and your husband UCI?

it still sucks not to have access, I would personally send them an e-mail, I mean it's our right and ECAS is not working for you, and according to CIC it's how we can check the status of our app, even if we know it's not too reliable but Bogota seems to update in process when it's almost ready and interview is waived so it's still nice to know!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
I never thought of it that way. i think your absolutely right, i should have access even if it's not that reliable. I'm gonna give it another try later today. I actually dont think i tried with my UCI, just my husbands who is the applicant. Which one works for you??

I wonder what my ECAs says lol... I'll let you know if I got in, if not i'll give them a shout... Do you know if there's a number we can call for Bogota?

By the way, you've been such great help, thank you so much for all the support!

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
jennjj said:
I never thought of it that way. i think your absolutely right, i should have access even if it's not that reliable. I'm gonna give it another try later today. I actually dont think i tried with my UCI, just my husbands who is the applicant. Which one works for you??

I wonder what my ECAs says lol... I'll let you know if I got in, if not i'll give them a shout... Do you know if there's a number we can call for Bogota?

By the way, you've been such great help, thank you so much for all the support!
it works for both of us, just to make sure your UCI is the one that they gave you when you got the first AOR and the S/A from mississauga, and his UCI is the one from AOR2 from Bogota.

I don't think we can call bogota but maybe call cic call center maybe they can help the issue with ecas, not sure...

let me know! we're here to help eachother!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
fab said:
it works for both of us, just to make sure your UCI is the one that they gave you when you got the first AOR and the S/A from mississauga, and his UCI is the one from AOR2 from Bogota.

I don't think we can call bogota but maybe call cic call center maybe they can help the issue with ecas, not sure...

let me know! we're here to help eachother!
Ya, when you asked before i remembered i tried signing in with my UCI a couple days after AOR and never tried again after i received AOR2... So i'm gonna give it a try hopefully it works.

What do you know about interviews? I've heard almost everyone gets called in for one, and since my husband and i are in Ecuador i can only assume we would have to fly to bogota for that cause i don't think they'll do it at the canadian consulate in ecuador. I hope they give us enough heads up so i can prepair for the trip...

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
jennjj said:
Ya, when you asked before i remembered i tried signing in with my UCI a couple days after AOR and never tried again after i received AOR2... So i'm gonna give it a try hopefully it works.

What do you know about interviews? I've heard almost everyone gets called in for one, and since my husband and i are in Ecuador i can only assume we would have to fly to bogota for that cause i don't think they'll do it at the canadian consulate in ecuador. I hope they give us enough heads up so i can prepair for the trip...
Where did you hear that? if we look at the sheet most people didn't have interviews!They seem to try to waive interviews most of the time.

Unless there's like big redflags: the applicant was deported/ living in Canada/ kids from past relations/ maybe divorce in some cases/ big age difference.
if you have one of those things you may have more chance in having an interview.
I am not sure what they would do since he's from Ecuador, but I would think they would make the interview in Ecuardor.

Let's just hope there's no interview for both of us, It's not that I care but it it's more time lol, if there's an interview you can add up a few months to ur process....

we'll see!!!

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
it'S been a while since i connect me...on my side I've been charge for the CSQ on avril 21 and since then nothing new. Just to let you know since the day that i receive the AOR2 i can see on Ecas that they have receive the medicals result... Hopefully somebody will receive good news soon.

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
lamika04 said:
it'S been a while since i connect me...on my side I've been charge for the CSQ on avril 21 and since then nothing new. Just to let you know since the day that i receive the AOR2 i can see on Ecas that they have receive the medicals result... Hopefully somebody will receive good news soon.

Thanks for joining in. Yes i think we all have our fingers crossed that we hear something from Bogota soon. When did you receive AOR2?

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hi Guys,
Some friends of mine are going through the sponsorship process.
They already received AOR from Bogota on April this year, however they are unclear about the background check.
We have seen here in the forum and heard about some cases where the Background Check was done and sent without request. Is this the way to go?
I checked on the CIC website and it says:
“Do not apply for the Background Verification Certificate until you receive a file number from the Canadian visa office and instructions telling you to apply for the certificate.

What do you guys think?

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
huertdiaz said:
Hi Guys,
Some friends of mine are going through the sponsorship process.
They already received AOR from Bogota on April this year, however they are unclear about the background check.
We have seen here in the forum and heard about some cases where the Background Check was done and sent without request. Is this the way to go?
I checked on the CIC website and it says:
“Do not apply for the Background Verification Certificate until you receive a file number from the Canadian visa office and instructions telling you to apply for the certificate.

What do you guys think?
I think it depends where they are applying from. I think if the applicant is from colombia you have to wait. In my case my husband is from Ecuador, but we go through the Bogota office and our app package asked to send the backround check together with the app. Where is the applicant from?

Shy93

Feb 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
File Transfer...
03-12-2014
Interview........
To be scheduled
Hey Fab,

I got your message. I'm growing increasingly impatient everyday. Our AOR2 was December 3rd and we still haven't seen any progress. Still playing the waiting game. Feeling very defeated by the system because there is nothing myself nor my husband can do.. 6 months and nothing... Painfully agonizing lol!!

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Shy93 said:
Hey Fab,

I got your message. I'm growing increasingly impatient everyday. Our AOR2 was December 3rd and we still haven't seen any progress. Still playing the waiting game. Feeling very defeated by the system because there is nothing myself nor my husband can do.. 6 months and nothing... Painfully agonizing lol!!
oh geez, still not news for you ! I hear you I'm at 3 months since S/A and still Nothing!!!

have you tried sending them an e-mail ?

also what's the status of the app in ecas?