+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship and SINP

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Hi guys, I have already sent in my application for inland spousal sponsorship but just found out I can also apply via SINP with the existing work permit category. Can I proceed with the latter while the sponsorship application is in process or would I have to cancel that?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
beholder69 said:
Hi guys, I have already sent in my application for inland spousal sponsorship but just found out I can also apply via SINP with the existing work permit category. Can I proceed with the latter while the sponsorship application is in process or would I have to cancel that?
You can have multiple applications as long as they are in different immigration classes. So, yes you can proceed.

Youngarm

Oct 14, 2013
Please could you share the link where u found that information,? I believe you have just been nominated for pnp and you are trying to bring your spouse into canada through ur existing Wp ..... If so I'm in the same limbo with you... Kindly share ur information and how u intend to achieve or get it down. Thank you ....

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Youngarm said:
Please could you share the link where u found that information,? I believe you have just been nominated for pnp and you are trying to bring your spouse into canada through ur existing Wp ..... If so I'm in the same limbo with you... Kindly share ur information and how u intend to achieve or get it down. Thank you ....
It's not exactly that for me Youngarm, now that I see it, I might not have phrased it clearly. It's actually my wife who's Canadian and has sponsored me but my IEC Work permit expires this June and Inland applications take quite a lot, so trying to do something in order to stay unemployed as little as possible or even better, not at all. I can be nominated under the existing work permit category in order to become a PR, which might be faster than the federal process

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
zardoz said:
You can have multiple applications as long as they are in different immigration classes. So, yes you can proceed.
Thanks for your answer zardoz! Just to make it clear as per my above post, it's my wife who has applied to sponsor me in order to become a PR, so effectively asking if I could have two applications to become a PR running, one under the classic Inland Spousal sponsorship and the other by SINP. If yes, do you have any idea roughly how much it would take for the approval letter by SINP and then the PR in the PNP case? Asking because it might not even be worth it if it takes more that 5-6 months in total

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You would have to ask in the PNP section of the forum but I suspect that it would be a close race.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
zardoz said:
You would have to ask in the PNP section of the forum but I suspect that it would be a close race.
Great, thanks for your help! +1

Might be, especially as I just saw in the inland spreadsheet that they appear to be processing applications faster, in fact if my application took the same time as the last guy's who got DM, I'd only stay unemployed for a week!! I can only hope ;D

Oct 3, 2016
Hello,, needs some help here please.

Me and my Boyfriend has an Approved SINP Nomination. We received it September 30, Him as the principal applicant and me as the accompanying Common Law Partner, then we applied for our Work Permits through paper application. December 14, my application for Open Work Permit was being returned and asking for more documents, while His application for Work Permit has no approval yet ( still waiting).

When i checked the online application (which I just learned recently), it is much simple than the paper application.

My question is:

1. Do I need to wait until His Work Permit approve before i reapply my application through online?
2. Do i need to repay all the fee when i reapply?
3. Will this delay our application for our Permanent Residency application?

Thank You so much for the help
Bless Us