+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship, Am I Living Outside Canada?

E

Erina

Hello everyone.

I'm sponsoring my spouse, and since we're getting married in April, we are sending our application after the marriage. After the marriage I'm staying with my spouse for the whole summer and return to Canada sometime in August. Now I know CIC needs additional proof for Canadian Citizens who are living exclusively outside of Canada when sponsoring a spouse. I'm not sure if I fall within this category and need to include proof that I return to Canada? Because I won't be actually LIVING outside the country, and It's a long summer vacation. A bit confused about what I need to do. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Probably you could put that you are living in Canada, and then add an explanation about going out of Canada, which date, where you will stay, etc. Put the proofs that you are going there ( plane tickets etc), but as well provide proofs that you will return to Canada and maintain your residence there - house, university enrollment, work etc. So that CIC can see your situation.
Good luck,
Sweden

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
You can just write an additional page explaining that you will be with him for that time. Add to it what you will do for housing and employment when you return. Should be ok.

I am sure someone else will reply and give you more options.

Good luck!

sheik

Star Member
Oct 14, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-11-2012
File Transfer...
30-11-2012
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Passport Req..
5-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
august 2013
hi Erina,
as you will be newly wed i do think it will be quite difficult for you to convince the cic for an outside canada sponsorship. I don't know if you are staying out of canada and have the citizenship of that country or any documnets to proove that you are living exclusively ouside canada. if you cant proove that tou are living exclusively outside it will be difficult to get your sponsorship approved. i will sugest you to get back to canada with your spouse and get an inside sponsorship, take longer time but safer, or if you have sufficient docs to proove your marriage and relations and your ties to canada why you are returning now, then it could be ok. Normally the cic look about your status and that of your husband, please take in consideration if you are sending your application yourself. hope i could help.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you are going back to Canada at the end of summer, there is no need to state you are living exclusively outside Canada. Just attach an explanation of your situation, with proof - such as a return ticket with a date, proof of resumption of employment or school, resumption of lease, etc. You can still apply outland - it is normal for the sponsor to be in Canada while the applicant is outside Canada during processing, so no problem there.

Once you are back in Canada, I would send proof of your job or school enrollment, and housing arrangements to the visa office processing the application, to be added to the file. Just in case the visa officer misses the part about you being back in Canada.

sheik

Star Member
Oct 14, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-11-2012
File Transfer...
30-11-2012
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Passport Req..
5-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
august 2013
hi , canadian woman is right, but you should take in consideration if you apply for outside canada your husband will have to stay out of canada till the end of the processing, and if you are inland he can stay with you , got a work permit after 6 month waiting for the procedure to finish, the main problem you cant appeal for inside app as from outside you can. you are beter placed to take the right decision and all depend abouth the immigration officer

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
sheik said:
hi , canadian woman is right, but you should take in consideration if you apply for outside canada your husband will have to stay out of canada till the end of the processing, and if you are inland he can stay with you , got a work permit after 6 month waiting for the procedure to finish, the main problem you cant appeal for inside app as from outside you can. you are beter placed to take the right decision and all depend abouth the immigration officer
even if it is an outland application, her husband can stay with her in Canada as long as he can legally enter the country. to do an inland application he would still have to be able to enter Canada legally. the difference is where the application is processed.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sheik said:
That's not true - if the husband can legally enter the country as a visitor, then he can be in Canada while the application is processing. He won't be able to work during this time, but he can be in the country as a visitor. Immigration might grill him a bit about it - they ultimately need to be satisfied that he will leave when the visa is up, or if the application is rejected. If he comes to visit he should definitely have a return ticket, and should be prepared to answer questions from Immigration.

Erina - even though you'll be outside of Canada for a few months, you're ultimately still living in Canada (e.g., you're not changing your billing address on your cards and bank accounts, your mailing address is still in Canada, your ties are still to Canada) - basically you're no different than someone doing a backpacking holiday or taking a gap year. As others have stated, just explain that you are spending a few months with your new husband following your wedding, and that you'll be returning to Canada on x date. Include evidence of that - plane ticket, job offer, house lease, bills still in your name, that kind of thing.

I've been following your story for awhile - good luck, hope it all goes smoothly, and best wishes for your upcoming marriage!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hi Erina
they consider non-resident the ones being outside for more than 6 months!! also being more than 6 months u would loose the health care; just explain u r outside temporarily, show that u didn't cut any ties, ur parents r still in Canada, school, job, finance, etc and u'll b fine; that's what i did and for me was a much longer period :)
congrats on the marriage!!

sheik

Star Member
Oct 14, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-11-2012
File Transfer...
30-11-2012
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Passport Req..
5-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
august 2013
hi erina,
i see that you have done medical on the 1/2/2012. did they asked you to do a second medical because normally the medical is only for one year and yours is already expired. please let me know if they asked or not and wish you all good luck.

E

Erina

sheik said:
hi erina,
i see that you have done medical on the 1/2/2012. did they asked you to do a second medical because normally the medical is only for one year and yours is already expired. please let me know if they asked or not and wish you all good luck.
sheik said:
hi erina,
No, our case was denied in January and so we're re-applying. As far as I know most Ankara applicants are not asked to do a second medical exam, some get extended, but in most cases people are getting visa within a year. Processing time for Ankara applicants is 16 months in their website, but amazingly most people are PPRed in about 8 months these days.

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
HI all
I am living with my sponsor wife in South Korea and she has been out side of Canada but she always go back to her Mom home at the end of her contract end and then get new contract from Canada and come back to Korea but from last two year she not go back to Canada and in this period we did marriage so now we are apply my PR application from here my question is that what date should i mention in bellow:

No – if no, you must answer question A below.

A) My sponsor has been living outside Canada since _/__ _. mm yyyy

like last date from she is here or 4 years previous date as she has been working 4 years in South Korea.

Pls help me out.