+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Spousal] Quick question about Option-C and proof of income for Sponsor

MA108

Nov 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

My wife (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) are applying outland spousal sponsorship application while we are currently living in Canada.
We do not have any children. We got some questions when we try to fill out Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481)

1. In my case, is it enough for my wife just to provide Option-C printout and employment letter in the application? Does she need to obtain and include other income slips (e.g. T4, T4E, T5 and T5007) from CRA?

2. What information does she need to provide ( e.g. SIN number? last year of notice of assessment ?) when she speaks to a CRA agent to order an Option-C printout?

Thank you.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Option C was all I sent Order it from CRA as it takes awhile to get it. I would do that right away as the tax season starts soon and may delay it.

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
You only need your option c print out. There is a 1 800 number to call( sorry you will have to google that) it will be a recorded call which you pick what you need to order which will be your Option C. Takes a couple of weeks to come. I am thinking that you will need your social insurance number to order it. When it comes it doesn't actually say Option C anywhere on it but it is a detailed printout of the last year which shows the government that your sponsor has not been getting social assistance or welfare. That is what they are looking for since there is no income cap on spousal sponsorship.