+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR outland

nvindian

Jun 11, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have submitted the application last week for my spouse(she is in india).

My application got rejected because of 2 reason

1. Consent and Declaration
• If the principal applicant is 18 years of age or older, they must sign their own forms.

2. Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
• If the principal applicant is 18 years of age or older, they must sign their own forms.

How i have submitted
For IMM 1344, I have type my name and my spouse name in place of sponsor's signature and signature of sponsor person. then i have validated the form and saved it and upload.
I am confused because it wont be validate if i leave it blank. What should i do here?

For IMM 5476, Use of a Representative , I have sign on point 8 (Your representative's declaration), then my wife sign as applicant and then signature of spouse .

For *Consent and declaration (required), who has to sign digitally me or my wife?

nvindian

Jun 11, 2018
This refers to the application you submitted to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner,
conjugal partner or dependent child and the associated application for a permanent resident visa.

Please note your application has been rejected for the following reason:

Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Here's a thread and post that covers this with some information that purports to be from IRCC about how to sign:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dependent-child-application-2024-is-the-ircc-screwed-up-or-just-me.838754/post-10776216

As you have found, it is unfortunately not possible to rely upon these instructions, and I cannot say whether IRCC is being inconsistent, if they found what they think is some inconsistency in the way you did this, or if there is some other unkonwn problem. (Do they think there should be a different signing approach used for different fields in the same form? I don't know). Maybe they think the spouse is acting as a representative and therefore should sign differently? That should only apply to paid reps, I think, but again - I don't know.

My only suggestion is this: there's no sense that I can see in arguing the point with them. Do belt-and-suspenders, that is, do both. Sign electronically, AND print-sign-scan as an additional copy of that signature page. Include a short note that you've done it both ways.