+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit

Akki7696

Jan 6, 2024
Hi i'm currently working in UAE but i'm from india and my spouse is studying in Canada in second semester. Is it possible if i can go back to my country then lodge SOWP application there and come back again here. I want to do just because the processing time here in UAE is 53 Weeks but in india it's only 13 Weeks.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi i'm currently working in UAE but i'm from india and my spouse is studying in Canada in second semester. Is it possible if i can go back to my country then lodge SOWP application there and come back again here. I want to do just because the processing time here in UAE is 53 Weeks but in india it's only 13 Weeks.
Assuming all other submissions reflect you are living in UAE, Yes you can apply from Country of Origin but assessment will be done based on the information provided as UAE resident ( to be specific, family ties ).

Akki7696

Jan 6, 2024
Assuming all other submissions reflect you are living in UAE, Yes you can apply from Country of Origin but assessment will be done based on the information provided as UAE resident ( to be specific, family ties ).

will this decrease the chances of getting visa i'm just earning 2000 AED per month here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Posted processing times are just estimated averages and are often incorrect so would not go all the way to India just to apply.

Akki7696

Jan 6, 2024
Posted processing times are just estimated averages and are often incorrect so would not go all the way to India just to apply.
i have seen so many people here who applied from UAE and had to wait 12 months almost that's what i want to overcome. if it is possible to get result within 2 months instead of waiting way long. i can compromise this