+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL IMMIGRATION - File transferred to London Office from Islamabad

speedstah

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I am trying to submit a case specific enquiry using the web based form they have and it keeps giving me an error when I submit? I have been trying for two days now.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Is there anyway else to contact London visa office?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Biblo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2008
Doc's Request.
01- Dec - 2008
IELTS Request
01- Dec - 2008
Hello,
I think the file processing time of 11 months is somewhat misleading. The crux of the matter is that ISB is no longer case processing centre for certain applications including the Family Sponsorship.

Typically ISB timeline was 32 months for family sponsorship and since most of the files are now transferred to London office, the London office backlog has piled up. A reliable source indicated that London timeline is although not worst as 32 months but isn't as accurate as 11months either. According to a safe estimate it will take somewhere between 20-26 months to process these files, which is why the 2013 cases are still pending.

This doesn't rule out the fact that some of the cases are resolved in 11month or less but those are few exceptions and doesn't apply to all cases in general. Also keep in mind that the immigration resources are under tremendous pressure by the ministry especially the media hype such as temporary workers issue, which diverts CIC attention to most priority cases.

Those who hope to get a response in less than 10 months are wasting their time and will, I believe that you should accept the fact that its going to take longer as was the case with ISB centre.

Hope this will put the record straight.

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Biblo said:
Hello,
I think the file processing time of 11 months is somewhat misleading. The crux of the matter is that ISB is no longer case processing centre for certain applications including the Family Sponsorship.

Typically ISB timeline was 32 months for family sponsorship and since most of the files are now transferred to London office, the London office backlog has piled up. A reliable source indicated that London timeline is although not worst as 32 months but isn't as accurate as 11months either. According to a safe estimate it will take somewhere between 20-26 months to process these files, which is why the 2013 cases are still pending.

This doesn't rule out the fact that some of the cases are resolved in 11month or less but those are few exceptions and doesn't apply to all cases in general. Also keep in mind that the immigration resources are under tremendous pressure by the ministry especially the media hype such as temporary workers issue, which diverts CIC attention to most priority cases.

Those who hope to get a response in less than 10 months are wasting their time and will, I believe that you should accept the fact that its going to take longer as was the case with ISB centre.

Well it will always be a bell curve when comes to processing time. Some get done quickly, small percentage gets delayed and majority in average time, nothing new to it.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biblo said:
Hello,

Well Sir I respect your opinion but its misleading. LVO time is 11 months. Most of the cases at LVO are without visa cases. I.e. European passport holders dont need visa. Now All Pakistani applicants need visa. So as per my calculation average time for pakistani applicant will be 14 months adding 3 months for PPR1 & PPR2. I am an optimist. And some cases are now proving this timeline.
Regards

Batta

Jul 23, 2014
mrashid123 said:
I hope n pray this is a good sign for all affected inshallah.... I'm anticipating processing times to decrease this year since over the past year they were severely affected by the strike....

I was just wondering how they plan on doing background checks n all if they're gonna b sitting all the way in london or paris?.... it seems as if there would b a lot of back n forth.... most records n such aren't even automated in Pak so its not like they could even access that info from london or paris remotely....

one thing is clear tho.... as if the CIC's actions weren't mysterious enough they just took it to the next level!

Hi there! did your file get transferred to London? Did they notify you?
I applied for my husband in April 2012, received my AOR in August 2012 and got my originals back in April 2014. I emmailed ottawa and they told me that I should contact London as my file is there now. I don't understand! They took the longest time to give me my originals back, my file was sitting there for 24months in ottawa collecting dust I guess! Anyway, did your file get transferred to London because I think we applied at the same time..

Shafaq

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-2013
File Transfer...
May-2014
sponsorfa27 said:
When did your file get sent to London?
In June 2014 file sent to London.

hassanraza

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/7/2013
AOR Received.
24/7/2013
File Transfer...
24/1/2014
Med's Request
20/10/2014
Med's Done....
1/11/2014 (remed as original expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/11/2014; Passport sent: 21/11/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/1/2015
LANDED..........
20/1/2015
TooCareless1 said:
Well Sir I respect your opinion but its misleading. LVO time is 11 months. Most of the cases at LVO are without visa cases. I.e. European passport holders dont need visa. Now All Pakistani applicants need visa. So as per my calculation average time for pakistani applicant will be 14 months adding 3 months for PPR1 & PPR2. I am an optimist. And some cases are now proving this timeline.
Regards
Another factor to consider is...if it's 11 or 14 months from the date the file was originally sent to Islamabad or more likely, when it was transferred to London. If latter is the case, then the new applicants also have the same timeline as their cases are being sent to London directly... So the applicants who applied a year ago and the ones who are applying now are all in the same boat???

zameer2u

May 4, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
Doc's Request.
Orig Edu Docs received in CA : 19th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
File Transfer...
24-01-2014
Med's Request
Expired 03-Oct-2014 , Re-Med on 22-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
28 Jan 2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made: 10-02-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015, Received PP...: 13-03-2015
Hi guys

Well i received my GCMS notes today and it was quite disappointing.

mt timeline is shown under my name , but here are some details from the file :

Created Date: 2013/12/18
Updated Date: 2014/04/17
Primary Office: London
Secondary Office: CPC Mississauga
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress
Rec'd Date: 2013/11/29
PAPER FILE Office: PA - PUT AWAY
SECONDARY OFFICE(S): 1
Office Name: Islamabad
SECONDARY OFFICE(S): 2
Office Name: CPC Mississauga
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2014/04/17 [which is supposed to be the last date on which they touched your file ]

Sponsorship Length (months): 36 [ why does it show 36 months ???? ]

any senior member , can you explain to me why does it shows the above 36 month period and what does it signify ?

Terrykhan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/12/2013 (Wife Case)
AOR Received.
File# given on 31/12/2013 via email
File Transfer...
FEB 22,2014(London)
Med's Done....
Remedical 24 Nov-2014
Interview........
Status Changed to Decision Made(12/6/2014). Interview Waived
Passport Req..
1/8/2015
VISA ISSUED...
2/17/2015
LANDED..........
2/20/2015
zameer2u said:
Hi guys

Well i received my GCMS notes today and it was quite disappointing.

mt timeline is shown under my name , but here are some details from the file :

Created Date: 2013/12/18
Updated Date: 2014/04/17
Primary Office: London
Secondary Office: CPC Mississauga
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress
Rec'd Date: 2013/11/29
PAPER FILE Office: PA - PUT AWAY
SECONDARY OFFICE(S): 1
Office Name: Islamabad
SECONDARY OFFICE(S): 2
Office Name: CPC Mississauga
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2014/04/17 [which is supposed to be the last date on which they touched your file ]

Sponsorship Length (months): 36 [ why does it show 36 months ???? ]

any senior member , can you explain to me why does it shows the above 36 month period and what does it signify ?
That is normal my friend . When you apply for your spouse you have to sign a 3 year undertaking that you will be responsible
for him/her financially for 3 years from the date he/she becomes a PR.

However, I am interested to know what is the bring forward date on your GCMS notes?

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hassanraza said:
Another factor to consider is...if it's 11 or 14 months from the date the file was originally sent to Islamabad or more likely, when it was transferred to London. If latter is the case, then the new applicants also have the same timeline as their cases are being sent to London directly... So the applicants who applied a year ago and the ones who are applying now are all in the same boat???
Yes i guess. Old cases are in the same boat as new cases. i dont see that there is any priority given to old cases. they are dealing with them as received.

But that is for sure our cases will be processed much faster than Islamabad.

regards,

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
December 19th 2014 - Rukhsati letter
Nomination.....
March 18th 2015 - Approved and Visa Issued Alhamdulilah!
AOR Received.
Janurary 27th 2014 via email
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
July 31st 2013 - Expired - Re-medical - February 19th 2015
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........
May 26th 2015 Alhamdulilah!! Best day of my life!
speedstah said:
For all those people who have their files transferred to London, have you ordered notes yet to see whats going on? Or if there has been any progress?

I am just skeptic if London is going to go with their usual 10 months timelines with our files or will they subject these files to a longer timeline? I am hoping its the first case!

All people with their files in London should share their timelines here, that would be of immense help to everyone!
My file has been in London since.feb 2014. Ordered notes but still waiting...
heard nothing else.

faisalraj

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
08-20-2013 (ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS SENT BACK TO ME)
File Transfer...
24-04-2014 to London
Med's Request
05-14-2014 2nd medical
Med's Done....
May 27 2014 2nd medical
Interview........
June 09 2014
Passport Req..
Decision Made Oct 2nd PPR OCT 8th
VISA ISSUED...
20th Oct 2015
LANDED..........
30th October
Hello Everyone, Just an update:My timeline is on the left

After the Interview I sent an email to London asking about my file and they said its in the background check Phase.
I thought the background was already done.

My file was transferred to london in Feb 2014 and Interview was done June 9th 2014 Remed done may 26th.

Just wondering how long will it take now???

Everyone please pray that all our applications are processed fast. Ameen.

Hudar87

Jun 29, 2014
Milton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2013
AOR Received.
06-2013
File Transfer...
01-2014
Med's Request
08-2014
Med's Done....
09-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
Hello,

I was wondering if someone can let me know does CIC always mail back your original documents when your file is transferred to London? I applied for sponsorship for husband in May 2013, he is a Pakistani citizen but was studying in UK at the time we applied. In our application we stated he is a student in UK and to please send all mail to his permanent address in Pakistan because he moved to different cities while studying in UK and had several UK addresses.

After finishing his studies he returned to Pakistan in November 2013 and is currently in Pakistan now. We were never notified via e-mail or mail that our application was transferred to London but through an MP we found out it was transferred from Islo to London in January 2014. We have not received any e-mail or mail of our original documents so we are just worried whether they were mailed to one of my husband's previous addresses in UK or still with the London office for processing? How can we find this out? Any advice you can all offer would be most appreciated! Thank you :)

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Hudar87 said:
Hello,

I was wondering if someone can let me know does CIC always mail back your original documents when your file is transferred to London? I applied for sponsorship for husband in May 2013, he is a Pakistani citizen but was studying in UK at the time we applied. In our application we stated he is a student in UK and to please send all mail to his permanent address in Pakistan because he moved to different cities while studying in UK and had several UK addresses.

After finishing his studies he returned to Pakistan in November 2013 and is currently in Pakistan now. We were never notified via e-mail or mail that our application was transferred to London but through an MP we found out it was transferred from Islo to London in January 2014. We have not received any e-mail or mail of our original documents so we are just worried whether they were mailed to one of my husband's previous addresses in UK or still with the London office for processing? How can we find this out? Any advice you can all offer would be most appreciated! Thank you :)
Your physical file is either in Ottawa or Islamabad not in London. They will either send it to an address in Canada if the file is in Ottawa or Pakistan if its in Islamabad. Looking at your timeline its most likely in Ottawa.

najohal

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Probably London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
25-02-2013
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
01-2013
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
Not yet
Re: SPOUSAL IMMIGRATION -

Hi. Its the first time i am using this site. I sponsored my husband from pakistan on Feb 1, 2013. Received an email by immigration that my application is approved and sent to Islamabad. When i check my status, its just says application received and medical results received as of Feb 01, 2013. But since then, no updates at allllllll. Not even sure where is my file. I dont get it at all