+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL FILE NUMBER TAKING SOO LONG! :( HELP!

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
rhcohen2014 said:
again, that doesn't mean they have inland applications. both applications get sent to mississagua. again, the only way to know whether it is an inland application or an outland application is either asking that specific question or looking at the actual application. my guess is they both applied outland while you applied inland and that is the reason they have gotten a response and you didnt.
im confused when you say inland does it mea the principal applicant lives in canada trying to get his/ her partnet outside canada?

and the outland means the papers has been processed outside canada?meaning the principal applicant in canada needs to sent her documents outside canada ?

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
queenie1525 said:
im confused when you say inland does it mea the principal applicant lives in canada trying to get his/ her partnet outside canada?

and the outland means the papers has been processed outside canada?meaning the principal applicant in canada needs to sent her documents outside canada ?
Inland - both the sponsor and spouse live together in Canada when they submitted their sponsorship application
Outland - the sponsor is in Canada, while the person being sponsored is in his/her home country when they submitted their application

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
xxxma3dl said:
Inland - both the sponsor and spouse live together in Canada when they submitted their sponsorship application
Outland - the sponsor is in Canada, while the person being sponsored is in his/her home country when they submitted their application
Not entirely true. I was outland and I spent most of the time in Canada with my husband. Outland is processed outside of Canada but it doesn't require the applicant to remain outside of Canada throughout. IF (though it's not guaranteed) they can get permission to enter, they can visit as long as they follow the rules. But inland applicants are advised to remain inside Canada because if they leave and are denied entry, their application is cancelled.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
xxxma3dl said:
to clarify outland, an applicant can be IN OR OUTSIDE of canada while the application processes. there is no rule as to where the applicant must be physically.

for inland, yes, BOTH sponsor AND applicant MUST be living together IN canada.

queenie1525 said:

the "principal applicant" is the person applying for permanent residency. the partner IS the principal applicant. The sponsor is the canadian citizen or pr trying to sponsor their partner for PR status.

When we refer to inland, we are referring to the application that is "sponsoring a spouse in canada class". This means, the sponsor AND the principal applicant are both living together IN canada. A person can NOT apply inland if they are NOT IN canada.

when we refer to outland, we are referring to the application for "sponsoring a spouse outside of canada". This means the application will process at a visa office outside of canada. it has nothing to do with where the principal applicant is physically. the principal applicant can be IN or OUTSIDE of canada during processing.

there are different applications for each stream. just because someone is IN canada when their application is submitted and processed does NOT mean they are automatically being processed in the inland stream.

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
xxxma3dl said:
ok so now i Got it! my application was outland, i lived in canada and getting my husband outside canada.

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
rhcohen2014 said:
to clarify outland, an applicant can be IN OR OUTSIDE of canada while the application processes. there is no rule as to where the applicant must be physically.

the "principal applicant" is the person applying for permanent residency. the partner IS the principal applicant. The sponsor is the canadian citizen or pr trying to sponsor their partner for PR status.

When we refer to inland, we are referring to the application that is "sponsoring a spouse in canada class". This means, the sponsor AND the principal applicant are both living together IN canada. A person can NOT apply inland if they are NOT IN canada.

when we refer to outland, we are referring to the application for "sponsoring a spouse outside of canada". This means the application will process at a visa office outside of canada. it has nothing to do with where the principal applicant is physically. the principal applicant can be IN or OUTSIDE of canada during processing.

there are different applications for each stream. just because someone is IN canada when their application is submitted and processed does NOT mean they are automatically being processed in the inland stream.

ok thanks for explaining , hopefull I will get my file number soon. :(

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
rhcohen2014 said:

i got a respond from MP

Further to your inquiry regarding your spousal sponsorship application submitted to CPC Mississauga. Our contact is saying they cannot see it in the system. If you submitted a spousal sponsorship to be processed outside Canada it should have gone past the sponsor eligibility stage by now and if deemed in order it should be overseas already for the processing of your husband. If you can provide the Purolator Tracking Number we will bring that to CIC’s attention so they can look further for it.

eminem_n_rihannah99

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Mississauga, Ontario, canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA 25-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
31-10-2014
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPII!!!!
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
SOOOOONN!!!
LANDED..........
SOON!
queenie1525 said:
i got a respond from MP

Further to your inquiry regarding your spousal sponsorship application submitted to CPC Mississauga. Our contact is saying they cannot see it in the system. If you submitted a spousal sponsorship to be processed outside Canada it should have gone past the sponsor eligibility stage by now and if deemed in order it should be overseas already for the processing of your husband. If you can provide the Purolator Tracking Number we will bring that to CIC's attention so they can look further for it

Omg I'd be freaking out! Did you use a representative? Hopefully you didn't fill out part 2 with your info as a principal applicant :-X

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
That happened to me too almost a year ago. Something is seriously flawed somewhere. I'd keep digging and contact everyone you can. Mine took 4 months to straighten out. This is very discomforting. I think they need to be investigated.

Varsshhiinnii

May 29, 2018
Hello, my husband sponsored me and I have filed my Pr application (paper) on mar 9 2018. Till today I have not received my file number!! Iam worries why is it taking so long for me? Could anyone suggest me... is the processing time is too long for other applications also?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello, my husband sponsored me and I have filed my Pr application (paper) on mar 9 2018. Till today I have not received my file number!! Iam worries why is it taking so long for me? Could anyone suggest me... is the processing time is too long for other applications also?
Seems a bit long, it may be sent back to you. If you're able to call and get through they should be able to tell you if it's being returned.

Varsshhiinnii

May 29, 2018
Yes, as the file number itself is my concern, Cic is not responding accurately for my call. They are saying it’s in process...

mr_jassa

Jul 22, 2018
I applied for my spouse visa application recieved on 22 may 2018 but till today havent got my file number I sent them email but havent replied my email I dont know what to do any suggestions please ?