+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
yes you can apply for an open work permit if you have not already or a study permit and OHIP with AIP... you cannot get a sin until you get PR or work permit
thanks! I don't really need open work permit and OHIP, after we got SP(sponsor approved) letter the OHIP renewed one year, and we have SIN(temporary) but i was told no need to renew as application is still in process. the reason we r so hurry is because we r waiting for mortgage, without PR status, bank is hard to give us approved. since Oct, we were requested to submit passport and bio son medical in back home. we finished passport in April but no way to get medical check, as ex spousal refused to do. and after two rounds of explanations and submit documents, i don't know what local officer will do to our case.
do you guys hear about any interview recently? my lawyer said, there might be an interview or they will just give us pass.

Last edited:

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hey,

I sent a total of 9 emails. 8 yesterday and one this morning... I did it this way to keep things organized. I just sent what they asked for...

leading up to this I emailed them letters from family, photos and updated noa plus some other things because when we received our noes it sai it was transferred because the rep needed more info to make a decision... So I just sent what I thought via email even though people on here said they never reply and also via webform. I contacted them from April 14th to 17th via email/webform because as you know this all goes in waves... some days we are good, some days we are not....
do you think keep sending them email will help a little with improve your case?

Shelby889

Dec 3, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etibicoke
App. Filed.......
04-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-02-2020
File Transfer...
26-11-2020
Med's Request
13-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Mine was in February no news till now
I

move been waiting since Nov 2020 since transfer and nothing.
I am Dec 19 applicant. Just recently there has been movement from Sept 2019 applicants that were transferred to Etobicoke

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
do you think keep sending them email will help a little with improve your case?
Hi,

this was how I sent my additional documents. I did email/send webform an got a reply to send additional docs ... after they received them we go AIP/Pre Arrival letter. So now the waiting game continues to DM for PA and COPR! Everyone's timeline is so different... could be a week could be a month. Right now we are just happy to hear something. I will not be emailing them unless we go into another extended period of waiting.

Reactions: Rositabela

Rositabela

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi,

this was how I sent my additional documents. I did email/send webform an got a reply to send additional docs ... after they received them we go AIP/Pre Arrival letter. So now the waiting game continues to DM for PA and COPR! Everyone's timeline is so different... could be a week could be a month. Right now we are just happy to hear something. I will not be emailing them unless we go into another extended period of waiting.
May I ask you exactly what email address you sent it to? I need that email address.

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
I'm applicant, my application was moved to Etobicoke office in Feb 2019, almost 26 months have been passed no action or response made by IRCC as of now. Below are the contents fetched by the my local MP regarding my application:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario on 2018.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets the eligibility criteria is in process.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is in process.
  • The medical examination results have expired.
  • The criminality verifications are in process.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the officer will send an approval letter to the applicant to advise them that they will be contacted by the local office with an appointment for the final determination interview (to grant permanent resident status).
  • If the application is refused:
    • the officer will send the applicant a refusal letter, and
    • a copy of the refusal letter will also be sent to the sponsor including instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.
Any one could comment and guide me on above status?

Thanks
Where’s your file with Officer or registry?