+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

Amirsani

Mar 9, 2021
I heard from automated message(call cic) that my file now in background checks step
Do you have any idea about this step?
my file transfer to etobicok in july 2020 and on march 1 like a lot of people goes to in process and now I heard this in background

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
logged into my online account and saw there was an application update. I clicked on it and nothing. its still the same. however i got an email staying that I passed my eligibility.

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the class"

next step is background, anyone know how long that takes?

Reactions: Amirsani

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
friend application got sent to etobicoke last than a year ago. last month she got the eligibility email and request for more info on background. today her file say decision made online but she doesnt know what decision was mde

Feb2020

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
friend application got sent to etobicoke last than a year ago. last month she got the eligibility email and request for more info on background. today her file say decision made online but she doesnt know what decision was mde
Was she asked for additional documents? When did she apply?

Vern11

Apr 14, 2021
What did she said?(about translator)?
She just said, I just wanted to know if he was with me and how he was doing. It wouldn't be a fair interview if he can't express himself properly. Then she said why hasn't he learned English. I responded that he needs his PR to get free esl classes for free

Vern11

Apr 14, 2021
I heard from automated message(call cic) that my file now in background checks step
Do you have any idea about this step?
my file transfer to etobicok in july 2020 and on march 1 like a lot of people goes to in process and now I heard this in background
Well it took 1 year and 7 months since it was transferred to etobicoke to get the letter requesting additional documents. The automated system always said we are reviewing your background check.

Vern11

Apr 14, 2021
I've been waiting for a month since it was changed to decision made. Hopefully soon

lumba1

Apr 15, 2021
hello , my application was transferred to Etobicoke in July 2020 , but i applied as a refugee at the same time went to coat and my refugee was granted , should i withdraw my sponsorship app or still let it run medicals were extended last month as most of you, No lawyer for both applications what should i do ?

Vern11

Apr 14, 2021
hello , my application was transferred to Etobicoke in July 2020 , but i applied as a refugee at the same time went to coat and my refugee was granted , should i withdraw my sponsorship app or still let it run medicals were extended last month as most of you, No lawyer for both applications what should i do ?
It says online on CIC website that once your refugee application is approved you can apply to become a permanent resident. You should probably just pay a consultation fee with an immigration lawyer just to make sure . Consultation fee usually is about $125-150